Apple's new iPad 2 ad sneaks in Lion reference

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    tikimantikiman Posts: 68member
    The field in the baseball game was GREEN! It was a nod to Apple's green initiatives!
  • Reply 22 of 29
    plovellplovell Posts: 824member
    The iPad ad "Now" also has a Lion reference. The star constellation shown is Leo.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    If you play the ad backwards you can distinctly hear him say... "Android is dead".
  • Reply 24 of 29
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

If you play the ad backwards you can distinctly hear him say... "Android is dead".

"I am the stevejobs. I am the stevejobs. I am the Wozniak. Boom boom ba-boom."
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Whoops... someone beat me to the punch (re: Tigers)
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"I am the stevejobs. I am the stevejobs. I am the Wozniak. Boom boom ba-boom."

Someone's showing their age...
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jakevin. View Post

Don't be so naive. Apple chose THAT app and THAT particular screenshot to make a tongue-in-cheek reference to Lion and it even says "learn new things" on the V/O as it is shown. Marketing execs and advertisers are VERY SMART people who think about every single shot and inclusion especially in marketing for a company as big as Apple.

It's subtle but it's there and it's there for a reason.

Well... if we're really going to read things into this commercial... how about the choice for the book...

The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity & Hope
  • Reply 28 of 29
    stevehsteveh Posts: 480member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rockstheparty View Post

This is such a non-news story it's not funny.

The "lion" screen is one of the exercises from the app, see the first screen-shot: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alpha...364729939?mt=8

Apple didn't put this into the app, the app author did. I highly doubt it's a plug for OS X Lion, as there are many other animals in the app, but if it happens to be, it wasn't Apple's doing.

The director of the new ad certainly included it as a tip of the hat to Lion.

The developer of Alphabet Fun didn't require that it be used in the ad, nor that that specific exercise be used.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    envirogenvirog Posts: 188member
    Subliminally refreshing