APP/ITUNES stores the next billion dollar product .

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I Wonder where APPLE INC will be when the hardware slows down in sales ??

Well Apple will now crush MSFT by the way of their new software direct down load //with no disc .

Apple saves tons of money while saving on paper and discs and all the bad for the envirment stuff that making Discs endures .

Apple also can charge a much lower price while making a higher profit by doing this .

No more lost pass codes

When you buy an app it sticks to you for ever .

if you buy a new MAC all of your apps come home .

The first time I saw the app store on my 15in MBP I was bowled over .Tons of old and new apps all downloaded on the spot . Stuff I lost 1 yr ago like GOO and Pages was back .

In the end the client has a great fun phone or ipad or a mac of some sort with wonderful cheap easy to manage apps .

the next billion dollar income stream is now here . Slowly growing .

day by day .

Thanks for the space here to vent my thoughts

peace

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

the next billion dollar income stream is now here .

Yep, billions from ME, the consumer.

Guess what: I don't like that!
  • Reply 2 of 21
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parttimer View Post

Guess what: I don't like that!

Implying you're forced at gunpoint to buy Apple products.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Implying you're forced at gunpoint to buy Apple products.

No, you are.

You are grossly exaggerating. Ridiculing.

I'm not.

WE, the consumers, will be the ones leeched for those billions. No one else.

Oh, and that very much includes you, my friend. You are clearly going to cough up part of those billions for Steve. It's almost like a religious offering!
  • Reply 4 of 21
    Quote:

No, you are.

Sure I am.

Quote:

You are grossly exaggerating. Ridiculing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parttimer

The above is my reply.

Quote:

I'm not.

Quote:

And again.

Quote:

WE, the consumers, will be the ones leeched for those billions. No one else.

Implying I said that anyone but consumers will be paying for Apple products. Implying it's a scenario akin to "leeching" when you don't have to buy any Apple products for any reason.

Quote:

Oh, and that very much includes you, my friend. You are clearly going to cough up part of those billions for Steve. It's almost like a religious offering!

No. I won't. Just get off our website.
  • Reply 5 of 21
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

Sure I am.

The above is my reply.

And again.

Implying I said that anyone but consumers will be paying for Apple products. Implying it's a scenario akin to "leeching" when you don't have to buy any Apple products for any reason.

No. I won't. Just get off our website.

Thank you TallSki dude.

The APP stores even thou they will pull in one day soon billions of dollars. Are charging lower prices for many of its products . And its very green . NO DISCS NO ... etc etc ...

• Reply 6 of 21
    Quote:

Just get off our website.

You don't like the message so you try to kill the messenger.

Classic ostrich syndrome.

Won't change the facts, though.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    Quote:

You don't like the message so you try to kill the messenger.

You're the one making up the message.

Quote:

Classic ostrich syndrome.

Thought it was the Romans who killed messengers...

Quote:

Won't change the facts, though.

Your argument isn't based in ANY fact. You're making crap up by ignoring that you don't have to buy Apple Products.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    What part don't you get?

If Apple makes billions more it will be because the consumers, you and I, fork out those billions. You're plain crazy if you like that.

I do know, however, of a fabulous oceanside villa in La Jolla with your name on it that's up for grabs. It's on 10 acres of prime real estate, with a pool, a tennis court, a private beach, and a triple garage. Only 10 grand if you buy NOW, today. Send me a check and I'll send you the deed when it's cleared, OK?
  • Reply 9 of 21
    Quote:

What part don't you get?

If Apple makes billions more it will be because the consumers, you and I, fork out those billions.

So you're new to the concept of capitalism, then. It was only introduced to you a few days ago, apparently.

Better stop buying food, then. Those food companies are making billions off of you!

Quote:

You're plain crazy if you like that.

Then. don't. buy. from. Apple.
  • Reply 10 of 21
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

What part don't you get?

If Apple makes billions more it will be because the consumers, you and I, fork out those billions. You're plain crazy if you like that.

I am guessing a simple highschool business course would help you better understand what you are talking about. Being bitter that Apple is and will make money from selling (you know, sort of what a company is supposed to do) is misdirected. Perhaps you thought companies go into business in order to give away their products?

You are upset that Apple will make billions because that money will come from consumers. Who did you think it was going to come from? Alien charities? It isn't like Apple is just taking that money. The consumer is getting something in return. That is capitalism. That is trade. That is business. MS does it. Google does it. Amazon does it. Exxon does it. Sears does it. Starbucks does it. 7-11 does it. The kids selling lemonade do it. Apple just does it better than most.

Are you 12?
  • Reply 11 of 21
    Quote:

So you're new to the concept of capitalism, then.

A prime example of prejudice.

When capitalism has descended into making the producers unneccessarily richer and the consumers unneccessarily poorer it has degenerated into unadulterated daylight robbery. And the consumer, you and I, are the victims.

But you apparently suffer from the Stockholm syndrome: you love the one who fucks you over. Normal people don't.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    Quote:

When capitalism has descended into making the producers unneccessarily richer and the consumers unneccessarily poorer it has degenerated into unadulterated daylight robbery. And the consumer, you and I, are the victims.

But you apparently suffer from the Stockholm syndrome: you love the one who fucks you over. Normal people don't.

Can you explain how Apple has 'fucked you over'? Or how they have made you a victim? Or is that simply another delusion?

It seems you are upset that Apple makes money and that is all you are upset about. Get over it.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Quote:

But you apparently have the Stockholm syndrome: you love the one who fucks you over. Normal people don't.

OH GOOD.

We've distilled this to the "they're overpriced" argument.

So here's how we end it.

I say that you don't know the definition of the word 'overpriced'. You say enlighten me. I say if Apple products were overpriced, no one would buy them. As millions of people buy them in all forms, they are not overpriced.

Then you say that's not what I meant; I meant that Apple could sell their stuff for much less money and still be making a profit. And then I end it by reiterating that you're unfamiliar with the concepts inherent to capitalism, primarily that consumers dictate prices. If consumers did not feel that Apple products were worth the money they spent on them, they would not be purchased at their current prices. That's how this whole system works.

Then you fail to rebut it by saying that it's wrong for Apple to sell products at prices extortionately higher than at which they can afford to sell them. To which I reply, yes, it is; another example of which being the corn industry selling corn products at 1000% cost because people and many other companies are (basically) forced to buy corn products for their multitude of purposes. Another example would be a home Internet provider having plans at twice or 3x cost plus a comfortable profit, because they'd get away with it as we basically have monopolies on phone and home Internet service in this country.

But I finish my reply by stating that Apple is not only an example of neither of these instances, but exists outside this example entirely. As Apple products are not required for life (as corn is... you'd be surprised how much crap corn is in) or has become a standard in quality of living (as home telephony is; the Internet's secondary but useful to mention in the example). Apple products are a luxury item. They are not required for life or expected for comfort. Those who buy them know their price and expect quality from them equivalent to their perception of said price.

As a dozen other computer manufacturers exist, one is not forced to buy Apple products for any reason at any time, and as such can purchase from another company if they so choose, particularly if they believe that another company will be receiving a smaller profit margin on each item purchased than from Apple.

Now go away, silly troll, and take your styrofoam arguments with you.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

Can you explain how Apple has 'fucked you over'? Or how they have made you a victim? Or is that simply another delusion?

Probably. Just like I must be imagining the concept of Apple's walled garden...
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Quote:

No, Apple's walled garden is a fact. You are spouting some bizarre claims of Apple fucking you, but you can't back it up. How did they make you a victim? How did they fuck you over?

If you can't answer simple questions about your fantasy claims, please just go away.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:

For every that tics off million of yen lire dollars trickle into cuperino

Those millions turn to hundreds of millions.

and soon app/itunes stores will be yet another billion dollar stream of income .

Hundreds of millions of pounds of plastic and discs that will never be made.

landfills that never were.

%20 TO %75 cheaper over all cost for apps and or soft ware to the general public.

for every second that tics off

the pile of coins grow so high

almost touch the sky

• Reply 17 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

For ever second that tics off million of yen lire dollars trickle into cuperino

those millions turn to hundreds of millions.

and soon app/itunes stores will be yet another billion dollar stream of income .

Hundreds of millions of pounds of plastic and discs that will never be made.

%20 t0 %75 cheaper over all costs for apps and or soft ware to the general public.

for every second that tics off

WOW. That's simply poetic. I love this.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    Quote:

WOW. That's simply poetic. I love this.

thank you
  • Reply 19 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

If you can't answer simple questions about your fantasy claims, please just go away.

One fool can ask more questions in 1 hour than 7 wise men can answer in a thousand years.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:

One fool can ask more questions in 1 hour than 7 wise men can answer in a thousand years.

As profound as that sounds, it's not nearly as prodigious as your inability to formulate arguments beyond your original, incorrect point.

Though your ability to completely ignore arguments when you've unequivocally lost is impressive.