Use wifi instead of 3G with iPhone 4

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have equally strong 3G and wifi signals in my home but I want to listen to streaming radio through wifi. Does the iPhone automatically use wifi if its available? If not, how do I make it use wifi? How can I tell if its using wifi or 3G?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    It automatically switches to Wi-Fi if it can connect to the network nearest you.

How do you tell? Have you ever looked at your iPhone? It says 3G in the Menu Bar when it's on 3G and has the AirPort logo when it's on Wi-Fi.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    brucebruce Posts: 9member
    I see the signal bars for 3G, then "Verizon", then the AirPort logo. I guess it just didn't register that the AirPort logo was covering up the "3G" because it was using wifi. I just thought it was there to tell you that you also had a wifi connection. Thanks for the help.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Oh, I get it.

What shows up on the Menu Bar is what you're currently using, regardless of if other tech is available in the area (for example, even though EDGE is available everywhere 3G is, if there's 3G available, the Menu Bar will show "3G" because that's the best connection).