Issues with Mail in Lion

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I really like the new version of Mail and, somewhat against expectation, like the full screen version and the three finger flick to it on my trackpad. However, there are a couple of clear annoyances I hope Apple will fix. When writing a new email or replying to one in full screen mode there's no way back to the original message or the rest of the application. If you wish to go back and check the email you're replying to or copy and paste lines to quote you can't. Neither can you save the reply as a draft to go back to. Instead you have to exit full screen mode and the switch between the windows on your desktop. Neither can you use Mission control to switch between windows. Clear error in my view. Hope Apple fix it as it seems so fundamental.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Are you also getting the glitch where in Safari if you press CMD+i Mail opens with a new message with the Safari content?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Are you also getting the glitch where in Safari if you press CMD+i Mail opens with a new message with the Safari content?

But that's a feature of Safari, surely.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    HAHA OK I finally found what I was doing wrong. In Safari click on View and look at the shortcut for Hide Toolbar.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    OK Now I have a genuine glitch. Mobile Me mail not sending out mails in Lion. There's a discussion on Apple boards about this.

Trying fixes.

Repaired permissions, restarted mail, deleted Mobile Me account, added it back, checked SMTP had MobileMe password (it seemed missing).

Seems fixed now.