Skype for iPad app arrives on App Store with iPad 2 video calls

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gabberattack View Post

is same garbage as desktop OS X version 5.x then I see no chance for it to compete with Facetime.

I almost used Facetime at the weekend when someone in my family got an iPad. Then I realised to install it on Snow Leopard you actually have to pay for it!!! So we used Skype instad. I don't think Skype has much to worry about.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timgriff84 View Post

I almost used Facetime at the weekend when someone in my family got an iPad. Then I realised to install it on Snow Leopard you actually have to pay for it!!! So we used Skype instad. I don't think Skype has much to worry about.

It's Back!
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Twice so far it "Seems" Skype has launched prematurely. Shortly after the "Skype for IPad" application was removed from all global markets. Roughly 3 hours later they prematurely launched the application again? I can confirm that it shows up in search on the Canadian market. Can anyone else confirm if the application is listed in US or other regions?

Also another piece of information users might find interesting it seems for those who have already purchased the application on the app store during the mistaken launch, they will be able to redownload the application at any point from the "purchased" section as well as view the applications information page that is no longer viewable in search. Not sure if the application was disabled for public viewing or deleated, and just chilling on the cloud.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    jm6032jm6032 Posts: 147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tengence View Post

It's Back!

Just downloaded and installed on iPad2 in Houston.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    ash1ash1 Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jm6032 View Post

Just downloaded and installed on iPad2 in Houston.

Me to, available on the U.K app store at last.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darknlight55 View Post

Twice so far it "Seems" Skype has launched prematurely.

Is this the first look at M$ screwing around with Skype?

If they can't distribute it cleanly, I'm wondering about how clean of bugs this Skype is.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Skype has become garbage. Most people I know wont upgrade past 2.8 on the Mac although screen sharing in 2.8 doesn't work in Lion, sad.

Skype on iPhone? Please. As a developer, it makes me sick to fully understand that long, laggy, slow-loading chats are due to being rendered in HTML rather than like all the other messengers that embraced using UITableView or UIScrollView properly. Developers at Skype clearly have their heads up their butts.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darknlight55 View Post

Premature launch. Gezz Skype hold it in.... Twice so far it "Seems" Skype has launched prematurely. Shortly after the "Skype for IPad" application was removed from all global markets. Roughly 3 hours later they prematurely launched the application again? I can confirm that it shows up in search on the Canadian market. Can anyone else confirm if the application is listed in US or other regions?

Also another piece of information users might find interesting it seems for those who have already purchased the application on the app store during the mistaken launch, they will be able to redownload the application at any point from the "purchased" section as well as view the applications information page that is no longer viewable in search. Not sure if the application was disabled for public viewing or deleated, and just chilling on the cloud.

Ballmer threw a chair and the app got pulled. Then he said "Bing!". People thought that meant put the app back up. Then he threw another chair.

The MS infection of Skype has begun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GM4Lt5k24s
  • Reply 29 of 30
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Ballmer threw a chair and the app got pulled. Then he said "Bing!". People thought that meant put the app back up. Then he threw another chair.

The MS infection of Skype has begun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GM4Lt5k24s

Why are people recording video in portrait mode? Surely they cannot be that dumb *&^$%^#

Funny vid it was though! Thanks for the share
  • Reply 30 of 30
    We prefer Skype over FaceTime. Skype is smoother, not perfect but better. I don't have much confidence when Microsoft takes control. Maybe by that time Apple will have improved FaceTime.