Lion OSX boot up

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
So what's everybody's time on boot up with Lion?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alew View Post

I did not clock it per se..but it was VERY SLOW. It felt like 10 minutes for me. (This is in reference to using the boot dvd i created for the clean install)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pepelepieux View Post

I did not clock it per se..but it was VERY SLOW. It felt like 10 minutes for me. (This is in reference to using the boot dvd i created for the clean install)

DUH.

Optical drives are slow as frick.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

As for the boot up time compared to snow leopard, Lion takes a few seconds more than Snow Leopard.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    alewalew Posts: 15member
    Which Mac are you using?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

I'm using 2011 mbp with 2.2GHz quad-core i7, 8GB ram, 750GB

The boot up speed with Lion is about 20 seconds, while it was about 10 seconds with Snow Leopard.

The shutdown time is also worse, it was about 3 seconds before, and now it's about 10 seconds.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    alewalew Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapience View Post

I'm using 2011 mbp with 2.2GHz quad-core i7, 8GB ram, 750GB

The boot up speed with Lion is about 20 seconds, while it was about 10 seconds with Snow Leopard.

The shutdown time is also worse, it was about 3 seconds before, and now it's about 10 seconds.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the boot up - I was horrified by the 20 second wait. My shutdown time is still around 3 to 4 seconds. But as you said, you use the newest mbp with a quad core i7, i'm confused as to why it takes so long for you to shutdown...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pepelepieux View Post

As for the boot up time compared to snow leopard, Lion takes a few seconds more than Snow Leopard.

I feel it's just a few more seconds but nothing outrageous.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the boot up - I was horrified by the 20 second wait. My shutdown time is still around 3 to 4 seconds. But as you said, you use the newest mbp with a quad core i7, i'm confused as to why it takes so long for you to shutdown...

My shut down is faster or just as fast as Snow Leopard. Of course, I always untick "Remember Windows".