Google rushing out Android 4 "Ice Cream Sandwich" to counter iPhone 5

Comments

• Reply 41 of 137
    macshackmacshack Posts: 103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

One reason could be they don't care too much about Android. But that doesn't make sense because they do care about Chrome. They also care about Gmail yet that is not part of the Android mail program. Again, that sounds odd.

It does sound odd. Especially the way you say it. I read your signature and then read your post again. I'm sorry but I don't understand your post at all.

An explanation you pose to your own wondering is that Google doesn't care about Android. Yet you go on by saying that that doesn't make sense because they do care about Chrome. You are loosing me right here.

What do you mean by, Gmail not being a part of the Android mail program? How should Gmail have been (more) a part of the the Android mail program for you to think or give you the impression that Google does care about the Android?
  • Reply 42 of 137
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ameldrum1 View Post

racist ban imo

Best start over with a new handle after that idiocy!
  • Reply 43 of 137
    lamewinglamewing Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ameldrum1 View Post

racist ban imo

I guess you never had bad skin and don't know what a blackhead is.
  • Reply 44 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

sure Google is in a hurry, now that they know what to copy from iOS 5. Screen Mirroring for Apple TV will be its killer app, so Google has to "invent" their version for Google TV ASAP. oh yeah, and copy, er i mean "invent," AirPlay from iOS 4 too.

You forgot that the majority of the stuff in iOS 5 was borrowed from android, blackberry os, and webOS. Google has been working on ice cream sandwich far before iOS 5 was unveiled, they actually announced it a month before iOS 5. Stop drinking the apple kool-aid and open your eyes, Google does not sit around copying everything apple does. Apple is not the masijah of technology others innovate also.
  • Reply 45 of 137
    lamewinglamewing Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by droideggs View Post

i had no idea that being a first time poster should warrant being ridiculed.

I can't really say who is copying who, as I do not know the origins of patents, as does most everyone else here, unless they're patent experts who've been in the tech industry for decades.

Expect it. Too many ID10Ts here. If you say anything even remotely anti-Apple (or pro competition) you will be virtually beheaded...and it is worse over at macnn.com
  • Reply 46 of 137
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Digler's reaching again: Android users have been enjoying iOS 5 for a long time.

Wow, five huh? Those dirty slime at Apple!

Actually, the first one is wrong, so 4 i guess.

Actually, so are the fourth one and the fifth one.

So, 2?

Come to think of it, I am not sure Android invented over the air updates, so maybe they both copied that.

But hey, I will give you the notifications. You got 'em there. That must really sting. I bet Apple closes up shop and goes home when they realize they are redoing notifications because Android did it better!

....wait, Steve admitted that when he previewed iOS 5 didn't he? Hmmm, maybe they don't care.

But hey, keep trying.
  • Reply 47 of 137
    jcozjcoz Posts: 251member
    A rush job can only be good for Apple.

Google can rush all they want, the manufacturers will rush more, and the end result will undoubtably be not unlike the Honeycomb tablet launches.

I'm sure they will get 1-2 phones working right.

Of course, you would have expected that from the XOOM wouldn't you?
  • Reply 48 of 137
    davemcm76davemcm76 Posts: 268member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shen View Post

But hey, I will give you the notifications. You got 'em there. That must really sting. I bet Apple closes up shop and goes home when they realize they are redoing notifications because Android did it better!

Interesting that Android folks accuse apple of "borrowing" it's notifications system seeing as Android "borrowed" it from WebOS in the first place.

The WebOS notifications were designed by a guy called Rich Dellinger - guess who got a new job working at Apple back in May 2010....
  • Reply 49 of 137
    Ah yes, Google rushing something to market. They never learn do they?
  • Reply 50 of 137
    stourquestourque Posts: 364member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

Stop drinking the apple kool-aid and open your eyes, Google does not sit around copying everything apple does.

You're right, Google does not copy everything Apple does, but everything Google does is copied from someone else.
  • Reply 51 of 137
    cloudgazercloudgazer Posts: 2,161member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

I guess you never had bad skin and don't know what a blackhead is.

Hey, that's complexionism! We prefer it to be called sebumically gifted,
  • Reply 52 of 137
    macnycmacnyc Posts: 342member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

How did I know who wrote this story before I even read it?

How did i know you were going to say that even before I read it?...
  • Reply 53 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloudgazer View Post

It shouldn't.

However saying ridiculous things might. C'mon you really don't know who copied whom? You think that the iPhone is a blatent rip off of WiMo? The iPad off of Origami? Even an android fan should be willing to admit that the iPhone and the iPad defined categories, and that the android OEMs have copied them. The only question is whether or not they copied it legally or whether it infringes, but that they copied really isn't in doubt.

I know exactly where Apple ripped off the iPhone from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_MessagePad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_OS#Features

Apple even shamelessly copied the tv ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh-yed48e0Y
  • Reply 54 of 137
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    It's funny how software release schedules can be altered for purely competitive reasons, forgoing anything remotely to do with qualitative reasons.

Imagine BMW announcing that they're going to release the 765iL a little bit sooner by forgoing some options in order to compete with the Lexus 470LS. "We'll send the passenger side airbag out with a x.1 patch in a few months."
  • Reply 55 of 137
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 56 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It strikes me as odd that Google hasn't made Chrome a part of Android. They simply call it Browser and use a very generic icon of the Earth. From what I can tell it's not even close to being as unified with Chrome the way Safari is between Mac OS and iOS or even between Internet Explorer between Windows and WP7.

Chrome is popular. It's on its way to being the #2 browser in the world so why not try to extend that usability to their mobile OS. Why keep it so separate and so stunted in comparison?

One reason could be they don't care too much about Android. But that doesn't make sense because they do care about Chrome. They also care about Gmail yet that is not part of the Android mail program. Again, that sounds odd. I wonder if Google if it's because they are insulating themselves from other, moneymaking ventures knowing the illegality of Android OS would eventually catch up to it.

Not quite sure about how 'unified' they all are, but, i will take this tab browsing on honeycomb 3.2 over ' safari' on my ipad.
  • Reply 57 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

For those who may not have followed the link, there's the first item from that list:

Do you imagine this feature did not exist before the announcement of iOS 5, or that iOS 5 has no such synchronization?

There are longer lists, like the one at Business Insider, but I was being kind.

Those of us who use multiple operating systems don't get all bent out of shape when multiple companies do smart things. OSes are commodities, not religions.

Bitch bitch moan moan bitch Google is better bitch moan Google is the greatest moan bitch... fuck, man, give it a rest... this is Apple Insider... get over it.
  • Reply 58 of 137
    deleted
  • Reply 59 of 137
    tommcintommcin Posts: 108member
    When ICS melts down, one is left with a big, gooey mess and two sodden black cookies. Did Android picture that when they picked the name?
  • Reply 60 of 137
    deleted