Motorola planning 'aggressive form factor' tablets for late 2011

Comments

• Reply 21 of 64
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spiced View Post

Squash-able "Ice Cream Sandwich" = Aggressive Form Factor

In Soviet Motorola, Ice Cream Sandwich eat YOU.
  • Reply 22 of 64
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,293member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Aggressive form factor? Does that mean the tablet will be shaped like a vacuum cleaner salesman?

I was thinking maybe sharp edges and a big skull and crossbones on the back. They could sell them to Oakland Raiders fans.
  • Reply 23 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Possibly, this person has applied for a position of Tri-CEO at RIMM

They're certainly taking a page out of their PlayBook of Gibberish.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

(I liked 'tasty' better. Or maybe 'buttery'.)

"Delectable"? "Salacious"?
  • Reply 24 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

I was thinking maybe sharp edges and a big skull and crossbones on the back. They could sell them to Oakland Raiders fans.

Next on MTV... Pimp My Tablet ... followed by "Rigs" (Gaming PC mods)
  • Reply 25 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

They already had the "Xoom", which turned out to be a colossal failure and overpriced POS. What are they going to call their next tablet, "Doom"?

Loom

Heck, they already licensed "Droid" from Lucas, why stop now.

• Reply 26 of 64
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

What he said: Motorola is "completely open to the notion of Windows as a platform"

What he meant: Motorola has no hope of beating iPad. We give up.

Actually I read that as "we are watching the problems with Android and it is increasingly possible the "free" OS will cost us fees to MS and Apple and it runs like a POS anyway, so why not give people the POS they already know and buy."
  • Reply 27 of 64
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

They already had the "Xoom", which turned out to be a colossal failure and overpriced POS. What are they going to call their next tablet, "Doom"?

The should call it 'Drain' as that's what these attempts are doing to their assets.
  • Reply 28 of 64
    like this? I'd sure feel aggressed.

• Reply 29 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by katastroff View Post

like this? I'd sure feel aggressed.

More like eye rape.
  • Reply 30 of 64
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

When asked what the company learned from the launch of the Xoom tablet, Jha said that tablet price points had "moved much faster" than Motorola had expected. The company had trouble matching the price of its entrenched competitor, Apple's iPad.

Why is it too much trouble for CEOs to be informed about their products and markets?

The iPad is exactly the same price as it was at launch. Where does this 'price points moved much faster than expected' stuff come from?
  • Reply 31 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

What he said: Motorola is "completely open to the notion of Windows as a platform"

What he meant: Motorola has no hope of beating iPad. We give up.

This Motorola guy is desperate. He has absolutely no clue to the direction he should turn. I guess he thought that mentioning Windows might scare Apple. Instead, the Apple team collectively pissed their pants laughing so hard.
  • Reply 32 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Why is it too much trouble for CEOs to be informed about their products and markets?

The iPad is exactly the same price as it was at launch. Where does this 'price points moved much faster than expected' stuff come from?

Words like "aggressive" and "price points moved much faster than expected" prove that he has truly gone insane. Steve/Apple is making other CEOs go absolutely bonkers.
  • Reply 33 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Aggressive form factor? Does that mean the tablet will be shaped like a vacuum cleaner salesman?

It means the tablets will be available in three sizes: 10 inch, 10 inch, and 10 inch. Also, thin with rounded corners and relatively decluttered exterior, free of unnecessary switches, connectors and buttons.
  • Reply 34 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

It means the tablets will be available in three sizes: 10 inch, 10 inch, and 10 inch. Also, thin with rounded corners and relatively decluttered exterior, free of unnecessary switches, connectors and buttons.

I thought it meant that it would be shaped like an F1 racer...
  • Reply 35 of 64
    cajuncajun Posts: 95member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

When asked what the company learned from the launch of the Xoom tablet, Jha said that tablet price points had "moved much faster" than Motorola had expected. The company had trouble matching the price of its entrenched competitor, Apple's iPad.

That's funny, aren't Apple's prices the same as when they first launched the iPad?
  • Reply 36 of 64
    "Aggressive form factor" makes me think of that monster textbook in Harry Potter.

Maybe you have to stroke the edge to keep it from biting your hand off.
  • Reply 37 of 64
    donaldonal Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

In Soviet Motorola, Ice Cream Sandwich eat YOU.

Brilliant reprise of old Bob Hope joke.
  • Reply 38 of 64
    ... and, yes, I still think that Apple should buy MotoMobile.. . seriously.

(Moto's patents could prove to be a pain in Apple's backside further down the road when LTE becomes mainstream... goose gander etc.)
  • Reply 39 of 64
    orlandoorlando Posts: 601member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranReloaded View Post

7 inchers are DOA

Pretty much all the 7 inch were running old versions of Android that weren't designed for tablets and didn't have access to the Google market (so no apps). If you think the Honeycomb tablets were bad, then these must have been horrendous. I don't think we can really judge the 7 inch form factor based on this.
  • Reply 40 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Bingo. WTF is an aggressive form factor? All this desperation is breeding less and less intelligible language from various companies. Sell-out can be "smooth". Form factors are now "aggressive". Jeeez. What's next, prices will be "shagadelic"?

Yeah, and what kind of company is so stupid as to have an executive that would use a stupid made-up term like that, or so incompetent that no one told him before he got up in front of the microphone that he was about to say something stupid?

The general public will never hear this speech or even read about it, so it will do nothing for future sales from them. Those that are interested enough to read this article or others like it and find out what he said, are smart enough to know he's just blowing smoke out of his rear end. What's the point? It's just a lot of bluster and hardly worth reporting at all.