China discovers another 22 fake Apple Stores

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abbadabaddodoo View Post

Right, because anybody who has a different view is obviously trolling.

All I was trying to say is that I was impressed at how friendly these stores are and share my experience with a couple of other stores in the States and all I get is attacked. Wow. It's a wonder anybody stays on these forums.

Don't mind Tallest Skil, he's a RENOWNED A$$H0LE on this forum. Thank you for sharing your actual experience of these stores, the rest of us do appreciate having someone comment who might actually know what they are talking about.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    The sad part is that the fake stores look more impressive, bigger and seem to have more stuff than the authorised Apple resellers here in India!

And yes, I want to know if there is an Internet meme for the horizontal guy. Like I said before, no story about Apple in China can be complete on AI without this photo!
  • Reply 23 of 33
    I say every chinese His Apple store.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The outlets appear to be selling actual Apple products, although they are in many cases smuggled into the country to avoid paying taxes. Customers who discovered the stores were not really begin run by Apple ranged from upset and demanding refunds for their purchases to being unfazed by the ownership of the store, as long as the merchandise was legitimately from Apple.

Is it really smuggling when the product is made in China? Surely there just getting them from the factory.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ameldrum1 View Post

Thank you for sharing your actual experience of these stores, the rest of us do appreciate having someone comment who might actually know what they are talking about.

So you'll blindly trust one guy online but not another.

Great. That's not riddled with logistical inaccuracies.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    cloudgazercloudgazer Posts: 2,161member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

What the hell is it with all the people calling Abbadabaddodoo a troll?

I resent him/her just because of the name. Have you tried saying it? My brain keeps getting mixed up with Addabadabbodoo and then I just get upset.

Curse you Abbadabaddodoo! <shakes fist> I'll get you and your little binosaur!
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jumpmaster View Post

Maybe in population, but not in size. China and the US are roughly the same size.

He did say nation. Not country.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    xsuxsu Posts: 401member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

China is an unimaginably huge nation, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were more fake Apple Stores than KFC's.

That would be hard. KFC in China is pretty huge.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abbadabaddodoo View Post

I was in one of these fake Apple stores just this afternoon. The people there are actually really knowledgeable and extremely nice. They bend over backward to help you find the things you want and explain everything when you have questions. They're really very well trained employees.

To be perfectly honest, the service I got there was far better than the real stores I went to when I visited the west coast. Especially the ones in California. A quarter of them were snobby and made you feel bad for asking questions while another half of them seemed like they were tired of doing their job.

I don't care how knowledgeable and helpful they are. I won't do business with anyone who starts out by lying to me about who they are. I only do business with honest people. A polite mugger is still a mugger.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So you'll blindly trust one guy online but not another.

Great. That's not riddled with logistical inaccuracies.

Maybe people can blindly trust two forum members with consistent experiences with Apple stores then. The one in Arlington, VA (Pentagon City) is atrocious for customer service and organization. I would rather buy stuff online than walk five minutes to visit that store. I generally even avoid going in there. The last time I went visited them I ended up leaving and making my purchase at BB for a little more money just to save the hassle.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    OMG Chinese steve jobs just made my day
  • Reply 32 of 33
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xsu View Post

That would be hard. KFC in China is pretty huge.

Yes, I know.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    jman2ujman2u Posts: 30member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WardC View Post

Chinese Steve Jobs must be really angry right now!!

So, they even copy the black turtleneck and blue jeans look.

Why not at least go with a blue turtleneck and black jeans???