Apple releases Mac OS X 10.7.1 with Wi-Fi improvements, audio out fixes

Comments

• Reply 41 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gdog View Post

i have older imac but no issues like that. maybe dont let hard drive ever sleep (system pref energy saver). set hard drive sleep to never. let your display sleep at some interval that you like. on my imac, hit spacebar and instant on with no lag.

That might be an option but I certainly didn't have it set that way with Snow Leopard. I have all bluetooth devices (keyboard, mouse, and trackpad) and previously interacting with any of them was enough to wake the iMac up from sleeping. I can try telling the HD to never sleep and see what happens but it doesn't seem like that should be necessary. The "instant on" as you put it is exactly how it was working before 10.7 install whenever I would touch the keyboard, mouse, or trackpad.
  • Reply 42 of 64
    bertpbertp Posts: 274member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

Nice, but I'd like some tweaks to the new UI stuff. Some of it is too sensitive.

I found 'Tap to click' on the trackpad too sensitive, and I had to uncheck it. It was nice, but when I got onto a website with a lot of links, just moving over the links would set them off. I could not find a way to de-sensitize the feature.

Edit: maybe I spoke to soon. Tap to click seems to be working better for me in 10.7.1. Not sure if this was an intentional fix or some other cause for the problem under 10.7.0.
  • Reply 43 of 64
    VERY frustrated.

Here are all of the issues with OSX Lion (v10.7.1)
    • No audio to external speakers

• lots of crashes with Adobe Creative Suite CS4

• Instability with Suitcase Fusion 3

• My Wacom Intuos 3 tablet no longer functions correctly

• Etc.

A total drag.
  • Reply 44 of 64
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bmxing85 View Post

I have a mid 2010 MBP. I had several coffee shop wifi networks issues connecting even with other macs running snow leopard had no problems. My browsing was slow at home even with a 8 mbit connection. I now notice Wifi is near istant from sleep and pages load faster and less buffering interruption on youtube

Have you experienced any of the kernel panics and freezes many users with 2010 MBPs are reporting? Apparently it is an Nvidia driver problem and is not addressed by this update. I have held off installing Lion for this reason as I have a 2010 MBP.
  • Reply 45 of 64
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

Have you experienced any of the kernel panics and freezes many users with 2010 MBPs are reporting? Apparently it is an Nvidia driver problem and is not addressed by this update. I have held off installing Lion for this reason as I have a 2010 MBP.

I'm experiencing those in spades, I really wish I hadn't upgraded to Lion. I just did the update so let's see if it unofficially helps at all.
  • Reply 46 of 64
    Mind you, I am really enjoying Lion EXCEPT for Mission Control.

Expose was so much better for me.

It always showed me ALL my Windows, even those minimized into my Dock.

Mission Control needs to fix this "yesterday"

The Only two bugs I was seeing were:

iChat would not auto login to my account. It always started "disconnected", to which I then had to select "available", to actually connect/login.

This update took my iChat from v6.0 (925) to v6.0 (927)

and all is working perfect. So, NOW FIXED.

And

I was unable to access all my Shared Files, on the Primary iMac, from the three other Macs in my home network. The primary iMac has 6 hard drives connected to it, with all my Media. Post this update, ALL FIXED.

So, ...now I'm just waiting for Apple to fix Mission Control, so it incorporates ALL Expose functionality.
  • Reply 47 of 64
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuffyzDead View Post

Mind you, I am really enjoying Lion EXCEPT for Mission Control.

Expose was so much better for me.

It always showed me ALL my Windows, even those minimized into my Dock.

Mission Control needs to fix this "yesterday"

The Only two bugs I was seeing were:

iChat would not auto login to my account. It always started "disconnected", to which I then had to select "available", to actually connect/login.

This update took my iChat from v6.0 (925) to v6.0 (927)

and all is working perfect. So, NOW FIXED.

And

I was unable to access all my Shared Files, on the Primary iMac, from the three other Macs in my home network. The primary iMac has 6 hard drives connected to it, with all my Media. Post this update, ALL FIXED.

So, ...now I'm just waiting for Apple to fix Mission Control, so it incorporates ALL Expose functionality.

I personally find Mission Control more efficient than Expose. I have apps assigned to different Spaces so I know where apps are and access them faster. I think you can still do it the old Expose way by using only one Space. My only problem is with LaunchPad. The gesture (three fingers pinch) is annoying and I launched it accident many times that I decided to disable it. Another issue with LaunchPad is there is no way to remove the apps within. Mine is filled with duplicates and non apps stuff.
  • Reply 48 of 64
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I personally find Mission Control more efficient than Expose. I have apps assigned to different Spaces so I know where apps are and access them faster. I think you can still do it the old Expose way by using only one Space. My only problem is with LaunchPad. The gesture (three fingers pinch) is annoying and I launched it accident many times that I decided to disable it. Another issue with LaunchPad is there is no way to remove the apps within. Mine is filled with duplicates and non apps stuff.

I agree. making it incorporate Spaces has made this useful to me in a way it never was before. I can switch desktops very easily with Mission Control.
  • Reply 49 of 64
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    The two most annoying Lion issues for me have been the inability to turn off the "put hard drives to sleep" preference (the checkbox has no effect), and the Finder losing saved icon positions periodically.
  • Reply 50 of 64
    Lions preoccupation with my external hard drives has been driving me crazy, it seems to want to access them every quarter of an hour, the spinning beach ball that accompanies this has increased by 70 to 80% since snow leopard.

I was hopeful that 10.7.1 would have gone some way to correcting this, looks like not. \
  • Reply 51 of 64
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    FINALLY the sleep issue since DP1 has been resolved.

That's worth 14 megabytes right there.
  • Reply 52 of 64
    WiFi improvement?

Looks like there is again some technology stolen here (again).

BTW: Lion (& Lion Server) work just fine for me.
  • Reply 53 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by invoice View Post

Looks like there is again some technology stolen here (again).

Enlighten us all on what you (erroneously) believe is stolen, please.
  • Reply 54 of 64
    Good to see Apple have owned up to fixing the Safari video problem that several readers of this forum keep insisting was a Flash issue.
  • Reply 55 of 64
    bonchbonch Posts: 14member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post

HHhhmmmm... I'm so tempted, but I'm going to wait a little and see if 10.7.1 adds any new issues, especially since I don't see any of the problems I'm experiencing with Lion listed here.

Why on Earth would you wait and see for a system patch of bug fixes that you're encouraged to--and expected to--install?
  • Reply 56 of 64
    [QUOTE=gdog;1922499]i have older imac but no issues like that. maybe dont let hard drive ever sleep (system pref energy saver). set hard drive sleep to never. let your display sleep at some interval that you like. on my imac, hit spacebar and instant on with no lag.[/QUOTE}

update on original post from yesterday. 10.7.1 does indeed look to have fixed the issue with iMacs going to sleep and not waking up via interacting with any of the bluetooth peripherals. So far so good.
  • Reply 57 of 64
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not a "combo" update.

LOL old habits die hard. It's been a while since 10.6.1 ... ever since 10.6.2 Combo Update is pretty much the only way to roll. Got tired of the 30 minute to forever "blue screen" after the delta update installing.
  • Reply 58 of 64
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tliszt View Post

VERY frustrated.

Here are all of the issues with OSX Lion (v10.7.1)
    • No audio to external speakers

• lots of crashes with Adobe Creative Suite CS4

• Instability with Suitcase Fusion 3

• My Wacom Intuos 3 tablet no longer functions correctly

• Etc.

A total drag.

For me, for average Photoshop use (cropping, masking, adjustment filters) CS4 Photoshop and Bridge have been OK.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The two most annoying Lion issues for me have been the inability to turn off the "put hard drives to sleep" preference (the checkbox has no effect), and the Finder losing saved icon positions periodically.

Some Finder glitches thought to have been banished in Snow Leopard are back. Can be annoying.
  • Reply 59 of 64
    zroger73zroger73 Posts: 787member
    Grrr. I have the opposite problem with my iMac! Since 10.7.1, it will no longer GO to sleep. Instead, the screen saver turns on when it should be going to sleep - even though the screen saver is set to "Never".
  • Reply 60 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gdog View Post

did anyone actually do the update? curious if any improvements?

After 10.7.1 installation, my early release MacBook Air still has a terrible time finding my network, and very slow to hookup. Once it's connected, it's fine, but waking from sleep is a 10 minute operation! I hope Apple is still working on it.