Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO

Comments

• Reply 21 of 329
    I hope he stays on as long as possible. Even as Chairman of the Board, Apple Employee and Director, he will have more time to take care of himself.
  • Reply 22 of 329
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    A job well done Steve. Congrats on a great career. Your achievements go down in history similar to that of Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, and the like.
  • Reply 23 of 329
    Seee Yeeahhh
  • Reply 24 of 329
    We love you Steve. Relax and have a well deserved rest.
  • Reply 25 of 329
    askewaskew Posts: 21member
    Thank you Steve!

Take care of your health and the most important things in life.

I appreciate your leadership and hope you have a long life.
  • Reply 26 of 329
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Hopefully this will allow him the time to focus on health and recover. And hopefully the quality of apple's products do not start to slide.
  • Reply 27 of 329
    It is indeed a sad day. All the best.
  • Reply 28 of 329
    Even without Steve apple will survive. He'll live happy knowing he has changed the face of this planet forever and has achieved his life goal of pure simplicity in technology. I just hope Tim cook was a better option than jony Ives...
  • Reply 29 of 329
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Since he wants to stay on as Chairman I hope that means that his health is not any worse and he just needs to slow down. I wish you best of luck Steve. Thanks for all of your hard work. Well done.

Yep, and good on him.

I have to admit, I've never understood why people who have been so successful keep working everyday - I'd want to enjoy the fruits of my labors. Probably one of the reasons the Steve Jobs of this world achieve so much more than me!

However, considering the mans successes, he deserves to slow down and enjoy a more relaxing time.
  • Reply 30 of 329
    pokepoke Posts: 506member
    Good luck to Steve. Hope he's well. Tim Cook is going to make an awesome CEO. Apple's recent success has had the COO's fingerprints all over it.
  • Reply 31 of 329
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    This move is long overdue. But how could he not know if the board wants him to stay on as chair? That part of this announcement strikes me as very strange indeed.
  • Reply 32 of 329
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Thank you for all you have given to the world's communications system. And thank you for your great vision to help so many people create better than they would have otherwise done.
  • Reply 33 of 329
    jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    iSad
  • Reply 34 of 329
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    God's speed, Mr. Jobs.
  • Reply 35 of 329
    as an Android fan I must give credit where it is due. your vision has jumpstarted tech by half a decade and brought more people into the 21st century than anyone else. Hope you get well and live out the remainder of your days in complete peace.

Stay strong.
  • Reply 36 of 329
    see flatsee flat Posts: 145member
    Farewell
  • Reply 37 of 329
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

iSad

best worded
  • Reply 38 of 329
    I want to see the stocks tomorrow... Hah
  • Reply 39 of 329
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

This move is long overdue. But how could he not know if the board wants him to stay on as chair? That part of this announcement strikes me as very strange indeed.

Why do you you say that? The board probably did not not get advanced notice of his decision. It was polite and humble, plus it might be an effort to cushion the stock hit tomorrow.
  • Reply 40 of 329
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    The stock hasn't fallen much in after-hours trading which just resumed few minutes ago (down about 5% to 355). I suspect it will fall more in the morning, but I think investors are in "wait and see" mode.