Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO

Comments

• Reply 41 of 329
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Very sad news.
  • Reply 42 of 329
    guch20guch20 Posts: 173member
    The stock has already lost more than $22 per share in after hours trading...ugh...
  • Reply 43 of 329
    He's not gonna make it around this time guys. He's already got dozens of Angels surrounding him. Mark my word.
  • Reply 44 of 329
    Really? The man is sick and you have to act like this is good news? Never come on here talking about one of your loved ones being sick or dying. I'm apt to throw a party.

Banned the fucker - JL
  • Reply 45 of 329
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs announced on Wednesday that he is no longer fit to serve as the company's chief executive officer, officially resigning from the position, which has been be filled by Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook.

And now a quake strikes California too...
  • Reply 46 of 329
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

as an Android fan I must give credit where it is due. your vision has jumpstarted tech by half a decade and brought more people into the 21st century than anyone else. Hope you get well and live out the remainder of your days in complete peace.

Stay strong.

You rock.
  • Reply 47 of 329
    The absolute best to you, Steve... you changed our lives!

It hasn't always been easy, but it's been worthwhile...

I can't conceive how you could have done it any better!
  • Reply 48 of 329
    Jackass. Don't you have something better to do, like go lob unsold TouchPads at cars on the freeway?

Banned the asshole - JL
  • Reply 49 of 329
    I'm very sad about what this implies about his health. He has really shaped our world in so many ways (not just with technology, but also, and maybe especially, our sense of aesthetics).

I'm not concerned at all about the health of Apple as a company. This is the most successful company in the world and it will undoubtedly remain so.
  • Reply 50 of 329
    I hope he's ok.

Apple's going to be ok and will continue to grow. They've got the BEST management team EVER.
  • Reply 51 of 329
    dimmokdimmok Posts: 359member
    Steve you are amazing, please get well soon.
  • Reply 52 of 329
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

This move is long overdue. But how could he not know if the board wants him to stay on as chair? That part of this announcement strikes me as very strange indeed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Why do you you say that? The board probably did not not get advanced notice of his decision. It was polite and humble, plus it might be an effort to cushion the stock hit tomorrow.

Yeah, it's called "humility" and "diplomacy". Skills sorely lacking in the modern world, but apparently yet another attribute of Mr. Jobs.
  • Reply 53 of 329
    Big news indeed. Best of luck to them both, Tim and Steve.
  • Reply 54 of 329
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Why do you you say that? The board probably did not not get advanced notice of his decision. It was polite and humble, plus it might be an effort to cushion the stock hit tomorrow.

If so, it hasn't worked. Last I checked, AAPL is down over 6% in after-hours trading. This is the kind of matter the board would typically discuss before anyone puts anything in writing. Quite possibly they did, because the board apparently granted his request promptly, but the wording of Steve's letter makes it sound like his remaining on as chair might have been in doubt. I don't buy the humility argument.
  • Reply 55 of 329
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

This move is long overdue. But how could he not know if the board wants him to stay on as chair? That part of this announcement strikes me as very strange indeed.

I would say for both formality and as a politeness to the current chairman of the board at Apple.
  • Reply 56 of 329
    Give him a break and good luck to him and his family, that is what is important not Apple, that will take care of itself.
  • Reply 57 of 329
    A measure of his stature as a leader is that, during his second tenure at Apple, he had no equal anywhere in the world, in business, academia, or the public sector, as someone with a singular vision of excellence and the ability to move people toward that goal.

I wish you well, steve.
  • Reply 58 of 329
    shine on, Steve. and thank you for everything...

***not a day has past for over 20+ years now, that i have not used one of apple's incredible, ever improving products! thank you for your vision.
  • Reply 59 of 329
    reading the comments on gizmodo and engadget and it is horrifying to see how heartless, egotistical, and just plain retarded some tech fans are. absolutely heartbreaking. for the heartlessness yes but also for the sheer blindness some have when it comes to certain contributions this man has made to the world of technology and beyond. just because they don't like the iPhone or the iPad or because they've had one too many 'android kool aids'... unbelievable how little perspective some people can have... and I suspect they are all quite young and have little life experience. oh well.
  • Reply 60 of 329
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

iSad

iSecond that.