Hoping this is a fake pic...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
... because he looks like he's in really bad shape.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/26/steve-...ation-ceo-sick

I wish him the very best, and if this photo is real I'm sad to see him this way.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    If this pic is genuine (it's said to be taken today) then it reveals that his prognosis right now isn't very good. I sure hope he finds the right treatment and can recover soon.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/26/0...n-credit-1.jpg

Note: I removed the pic but left the link.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    It's difficult for me to see anyone suffering or in pain. His face says it all.

And look at his legs compared to the other man's.

I hope his condition improves and he feels better soon.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Not sure what Steve's doing in a dress instead of his blue jeans.

Particularly since blue jeans and a black turtleneck are all he has worn since at least 2001 (when he donned khaki shorts once).
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not sure what Steve's doing in a dress instead of his blue jeans.

Particularly since blue jeans and a black turtleneck are all he has worn since at least 2001 (when he donned khaki shorts once).

I wonder if he's at some type of recovery center and is receiving some help walking in between areas.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    It's not even a GOOD photoshop... must have been done on Windows!
  • Reply 6 of 13
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Me too.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    What's he wearing?
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

What's he wearing?

a Photoshop sarong.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

It's not even a GOOD photoshop... must have been done on Windows!

The problem is that it isn't fake.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Commodification View Post

I'm not convinced... In fact, I'm pretty sure it IS fake.

Specifically, focus on his neck in the close-up... Sure looks like his head was grafted onto a different set of shoulders. Then of course there's the clothing...esp tthe lower half!

I could be wrong... It could be a really odd lighting anomally... Smears on the camera lens... But it's definitely hard to believe someone would 'shop a photo like that just to see if they can get a reaction on forums!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

I'm not convinced... In fact, I'm pretty sure it IS fake.

Specifically, focus on his neck in the close-up... Sure looks like his head was grafted onto a different set of shoulders. Then of course there's the clothing...esp tthe lower half!

I could be wrong... It could be a really odd lighting anomally... Smears on the camera lens... But it's definitely hard to believe someone would 'shop a photo like that just to see if they can get a reaction on forums!

It's from TMZ.com. While they are a celebrity gossip site, I've never heard of them making anything up when it comes to photos.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

If this pic is genuine (it's said to be taken today) then it reveals that his prognosis right now isn't very good. I sure hope he finds the right treatment and can recover soon.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/26/0...n-credit-1.jpg

Note: I removed the pic but left the link.

It is really sad to see a human being especially one is a pioneer in the computer field looking like this.It hurts.With all his wealth what is the good of it without good health money is nothing.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Quote:

It has had some manipulation. You can see on his left sleeve near the cuff, there's a hard horizontal line. Also near the bottom-right of the gown, there's a sharp vertical edge that isn't anti-aliased like the other vertical edges. The shadows on the feet also don't match the socks. I think the overall picture is real but the skirt legs and hands have been photoshopped on. The complexion might also have been adjusted.

It's very poor taste in the circumstances. Whoever is responsible for this photo should be ashamed of themselves.

We know that he is frail as evidenced by some authentic photos taken in February:

http://i56.tinypic.com/55jq15.jpg

and the partly faked photo could easily have been taken back then because he didn't look all that bad when he was leaving Apple:

He may never recover to a better state but having less stress not being CEO will hopefully help.