Tribute to my Dad

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Some of you may know. I lost my dad in Jan of this year. He was only 50. Involved in a head on car collision. The other party was a young mother 21 years of age. It was her error but that is not important.

This picture is one of my little niece named Kayley. She let this balloon loose on Fathers Day at the place of rest of my father.

I love my Dad......

Sometimes it is hard.

Fellowship

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Thats really cool, man.. I know what it's like to lose your father.. My dad passed at the young age of 43. Too young.. I always light candles on his birthday and fathers day..

May our hearts be at peace, as those of our fathers.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    [quote]Originally posted by brokenphone:

<strong>Thats really cool, man.. I know what it's like to lose your father.. My dad passed at the young age of 43. Too young.. I always light candles on his birthday and fathers day..

May our hearts be at peace, as those of our fathers.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thank you... means a lot to me

My dad was such an influence in my life...

Thank you so much for your kind words !

Fellowship
  • Reply 3 of 8
    You're welcome.. I like the idea of tributes, they're a good way to show love for our friends who pass on..

• Reply 4 of 8
    marsmars Posts: 51member
    I lost my dad to cancer in 1994 when I was 28 days after our home was destroyed by a flood.

He never saw me get married, raise a family or what would have been his proudest moment for me, get my pilot's license.

I think about him every time I fly.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    my father died when he was 39. i was 5. i always get upset when i think about death and see kids; i think they should be sheltered from it somehow (tho i know they shouldn't). like when my great grandmother died recently. all my little cousins were at the funeral. it was really weird to hear one of them say to the other, "shhh! dont be so loud. you'll wake grandma up" as he pointed at the coffin. it's kind of funny, but sad too.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I wanted to write something for you, but my thoughts too quickly became my own. I should not be sorry -- not across a vast, indifferent, anonymous internet -- but I am. God bless you.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Sweet tribute. My father passed away in '99 of Parkinson's. It was a 9 year battle for him and ourselves. My Dad was a deeply religious man and I believe that his faith helped him pass on in peace.

My Dad with my niece...

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: Artman @_@ ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 8
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    You know.. I had no idea how many here have lost a parent. It is nice to remember and honor them. They shape who we are and will never be forgotten..

Fellowship