scripting.com

"Name withheld: "I watched the Steve Jobs show today at my

local Apple dealer's showroom. The buyer noticed three new

SKUs in Distributors' catalog without descriptions. Only

pricing. We think there is more to come at CES."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    what were the prices?? then we could probably tell you what the three things are....still think that since the expo runs till the 11th, that SJ may come back on final day for his "one more thing"....if not then, i think by the 1st of Feb at a special show...giving the new iMac it's own show, yet getting the PM speed bumped or G5 to keep the pro people happy...g
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I find it reallly hard to believe that Apple would use CES to introduce a high end PC system. The event and the introduction just don't jive.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    Well ... PM's usually have 3 models (good better & best). PB's usually only have 2 models ... so I'd assume that it'd be PowerMacs. Hopefully this is accurate & we'll be seen'n our PM's soon!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    Well ... PM's usually have 3 models (good better & best). PB's usually only have 2 models ... so I'd assume that it'd be PowerMacs. Hopefully this is accurate & we'll be seen'n our PM's soon!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    wasn't the X704 a PPC compatible processor which should have been running at 600 Mhz at the time of the 603e@233Mhz ????
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by Krassy:

<strong>wasn't the X704 a PPC compatible processor which should have been running at 600 Mhz at the time of the 603e@233Mhz ????</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes. I always said "Wake me when we get to 533 Mhz". It took a long time.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member
    [quote]Originally posted by Krassy:

<strong>wasn't the X704 a PPC compatible processor which should have been running at 600 Mhz at the time of the 603e@233Mhz ????</strong><hr></blockquote>

It was the P4 of it's time. It didn't appear on the market because a G3 was faster at half the MHz. BTW Intel bought the technology