Apple locks in Tim Cook as CEO with restricted stock bonus worth $383 million

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleLover2 View Post

So much for the speculation of him still being actively involved in Apple. He looks like he doesn't have much time left. Very sad.

This is in such poor taste. Give this great man some dignity. You wonder why he is so private its because of s@@ts like you and TMZ. Gods speed Steve, we love you and all you have done.

Hint from Mod - if you think the image is in bad taste - don't post it again by quoting it
  • Reply 22 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rolegp View Post

This is in such poor taste. Give this great man some dignity. You wonder why he is so private its because of s@@ts like you and TMZ. Gods speed Steve, we love you and all you have done.

Please don't quote that image.
  • Reply 23 of 66
    Back on topic (mostly)

Wed Aug 24, 2011 Apple announces Jobs - Cook transition

Fri, Aug 26, 2011 close of market:

AAPL Market Value of Listed Securityt$ 354,717,522,900

XOM Market Value of Listed Securityt$ 353,175,680,000

I would call that a pretty well executed transition!

Well done Apple -- things like this don't just happen!
  • Reply 24 of 66
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Could an admin please remove the images from this thread? What is this, 4chan?

Locking the CEO like that seems a good idea. Is Tim Cook's salary also going to be $1?
  • Reply 25 of 66
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Back on-topic, go Tim!
  • Reply 26 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

Could an admin please remove the images from this thread? What is this, 4chan?

Locking the CEO like that seems a good idea. Is Tim Cook's salary also going to be $1?

I expect Tim will need some "walking around" money -- he isn't independently wealthy.
  • Reply 27 of 66
    I would like to beat the F&!K out of the person who took that photo...

...assuming it's real...
  • Reply 28 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FrankenSigns.biz View Post

...assuming it's real...

And especially if it isn't, considering how much of a lowlife the person would have to be to fake something like that.
  • Reply 29 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FrankenSigns.biz View Post

...assuming it's real...

... or the person who faked it in that case.
  • Reply 30 of 66
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Not sure if the photo was real or not, but in any case it's now gone.
  • Reply 31 of 66
    You need to ban AppleLover2. this guy's a dick for posting that photo.
  • Reply 32 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post

You need to ban AppleLover2. this guy's a dick for posting that photo.

Please don't discuss in threads such as these whether you think other posters should be banned or not; it is off-topic. Either start a thread in the feedback forum or send a PM. On this particular occasion please don't send a PM to me because I have no intention of banning him (over this) and you won't change my mind. However, I'm not the only mod on AI...
  • Reply 33 of 66
    update - I've deleted all the posts regarding the image as I realised they were all off-topic.
  • Reply 34 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Not sure if the photo was real or not, but in any case it's now gone.

Yes! Thanks, mods, for taking it down.
  • Reply 35 of 66
    jman2ujman2u Posts: 30member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple's new chief executive has been awarded a million restricted shares of Apple that vest over the next decade, ensuring his continued employment through 2021.

Nothing like buying a little stability after the departure of Steve Jobs...
  • Reply 36 of 66
    maguromaguro Posts: 65member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple's board voted to awarded Cook

Here's another typo. He fixed the one already pointed out above, but missed this one. Even his short posts have multiple typos. Seriously, do these writers just post whatever they want with no supervision?
  • Reply 37 of 66
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Anyway... back to Tim's stock bonus... oddly enough, Amelio was given 1 million shares to head Apple. In that case Tim should have received even more.

Didn't Amelio also get a huge golden parachute when he left Apple? Does Cook have a similar arrangement?
  • Reply 38 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maguro View Post

Here's another typo. He fixed the one already pointed out above, but missed this one. Even his short posts have multiple typos. Seriously, do these writers just post whatever they want with no supervision?

They are probably using an iPad or Lion/Safari with autoIncorrect turned on!
  • Reply 39 of 66
    dudditsduddits Posts: 260member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I expect Tim will need some "walking around" money -- he isn't independently wealthy.

True... the $80 million or so in stock he's already cashed in just doesn't buy what it used to.
  • Reply 40 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar View Post

Didn't Amelio also get a huge golden parachute when he left Apple? Does Cook have a similar arrangement?

I would suspect not... Amelio was recruited/induced to take over a struggling company... a golden parachute, then, was based on risk/reward.

Cook is being promoted to run a company at the top if its game (much of which is due to his contributions). Today's award is an initial inducement/vote of confidence. There is absolutely no reason that the board could not offer additional rewards/inducements as warranted,

In the early days of Apple, Jobs was known for handing grey envelopes (containing stock options) to key employees,