Apple locks in Tim Cook as CEO with restricted stock bonus worth $383 million

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

The important question is: does he get a staff discount?

Steve tried that before. Something about "stock options scandal" comes to mind.

(I realize you're joking. )
  • Reply 62 of 66
    With the Steve to Tim transition -- one wonders what the "work atmosphere" will be like at Apple.

Thinking about that reminded me of one of the Easter Egg icons that you could find with ResEdit on the first Mac OS (AIR, it was in the ROM).

I surfed for the original -- with no luck! So, I built an Apple 2011 version from some images I found :

Competition -- pay heed!
  • Reply 63 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

The important question is: does he get a staff discount?

Yes, at the Apple Store... and free meals in the Apple Cafeteria
  • Reply 64 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Steve tried that before. Something about "stock options scandal" comes to mind.

(I realize you're joking. )

I lol'ed...
  • Reply 65 of 66
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Speaking of this AAPL closed ahead of XOM once again. I notice that the usual tech sites and posters seem to be ignoring their predictions of doom for AAPL once Jobs stepped aside. It went the other way in fact. Investors know that Tim Cook has been the power behind the throne for a couple of years now and they are confident in his leadership. Jobs sure is.

Do people expect Cook to be a complete clone of Jobs and to make all the same decisions as Jobs?

If Cook ever makes a decision that Jobs would not have done, and it brings more success to Apple, how will Apple fanatics explain it? Will they admit that Jobs was wrong? Or will they want to see Cook fail because "that's not what Steve would do"?
  • Reply 66 of 66
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    giving anyone that kind of money is obscene