2 Ideas for Tim Cook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have two quick ideas for you to consider:
  1. Stop making desktop and server Macs and license at least one major PC vendor to design/sell these

2. Put someone who loves TV in charge of Apple TV and stop treating it like a hobby

Apple should concentrate on making portable Macs (Macbooks, Mac Mini, etc.) and license Mac OS X to someone like Dell or HP that can make desktop/server hardware certified by Apple to run Mac OS X. The license fee to Dell or HP would be nothing and new owners of these boxes would be $99 for Mac OS X, iLife, and iWork (installed via iCloud and Mac App Store).

As for Apple TV, I believe its evolution has suffered because Steve Jobs was not a big fan of TV. Stop treating it like a hobby and put someone who absolutely loves TV on it. I'd like to see you buy SlingPlayer and integrate it into Apple TV. I'd like to see streaming 24 hour news, weather, sports be packaged for Live TV option. Apple TV needs subscription option for episode TV streamed the day or week after airing on cable TV. Integrating Ads to support Live and Streamed TV needs to be standardized so content providers get more than just a 70% cut of subscription revenue. Strip Apple TV box down to a $29 Air Play box and run Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, Macbook, and all other internet connected products that can relay video and audio via Airplay. The Airplay adaptor for HDTVs would have a connector for 1080p input and and a connector for 1080p output (Thunderbolt ports with the ability to pass remote control signals to and from the TV to control AirPlay). Airplay would be two way so you could watch your TV over the internet (ala SlingPlayer) or on your TV (streaming content from the internet).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KT Walrus View Post

Stop making desktop and server Macs and license at least one major PC vendor to design/sell these

Idiotic.

Quote:

Put someone who loves TV in charge of Apple TV and stop treating it like a hobby

Oh, just you wait.

Quote:

Apple should concentrate on making portable Macs (Macbooks, Mac Mini, etc.) and license Mac OS X to someone like Dell or HP that can make desktop/server hardware certified by Apple to run Mac OS X.

No.

Quote:

As for Apple TV, I believe its evolution has suffered because Steve Jobs was not a big fan of TV.

I buy that. When there's something good on, you let me know. Maybe when television is worth watching again, people will start caring.

Quote:

I'd like to see streaming 24 hour news, weather, sports be packaged for Live TV option.

Or, you know, just pull those straight from the Internet.

Quote:

Integrating Ads to support Live and Streamed TV needs to be standardized so content providers get more than just a 70% cut of subscription revenue.

You're going about this the wrong way.

Quote:

Strip Apple TV box down to a $29 Air Play box

And now you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mehamgul101 View Post

well i am hopeful tim will act upon these advise for the betterment of apple company

Do the astroturf-sockpuppet much?