Steve Jobs' biological father wants to finally meet son

Comments

• Reply 41 of 147
    >>there's a striking resemblance between the two men: ?both wear rimless glasses<<

Well, that settles it. If both men's DNA encode for rimless glasses then there can be no doubt.
  • Reply 42 of 147
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darinb View Post

>>there's a striking resemblance between the two men: ?both wear rimless glasses<<

Well, that settles it. If both men's DNA encode for rimless glasses then there can be no doubt.

Does his father use an iPhone? That's the real question.
  • Reply 43 of 147
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Sounds like a pathetic person. It is the father who should reach out to the son and not the other way around.

I also think that people who adopt their babies away are only one step above people who throw their babies in the trash can and they have zero right to ever meet their offspring which they abandoned.

Sometime those are the people who know they can't gice their child a decent life. Keeping the child is the second big mistake. Better to give to a loving couple. A loving decision.
  • Reply 44 of 147
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

His knawing sense of dissatisfaction was to our benefit.

Let this be a lesson to all parents who want nothing more than to give their child everything. Give them nothing, let them struggle and they will make something of themselves. Happiness breeds complacency. Adversity breeds achievement.

It can work, but it depends on the person. Clint Eastwood, Johnny Cash, Fred Rogers and Steven Spielberg all had great parenting.
  • Reply 45 of 147
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sipadan View Post

Am I the only here offended by the intrusion into Mr Jobs life and right to privacy? I mean come on! Don't you have anything better to write about AI? This is barely disguised trash journalism

On this occasion you are the only one.
  • Reply 46 of 147
    Quote:

No, I'm not adopted. As for having compassion, I don't give it to those who don't deserve it. I don't have any compassion for people who abandoned their children. On the other hand, the children of course deserve compassion, as they had no say in the process. The parents, not so much.

What a scumbag. Actually, I take that back, since you're most likely 13 or 14 years old, and thinking like a little kid (i.e., not thinking at all). People that give their kids up for adoption are not "abandoning" them - in most cases it is because they know they cannot give the child the best life possible, and they are ultimately doing what is right for the kid. How is that a bad thing? Should the parents keep the kid and raise it in poverty or some other terrible circumstances just so they can say they never "abandoned" them? Is that really better for the kid? Get an effing clue, dude.
  • Reply 47 of 147
    Quote:

Sounds like a pathetic person. It is the father who should reach out to the son and not the other way around.

I also think that people who adopt their babies away are only one step above people who throw their babies in the trash can and they have zero right to ever meet their offspring which they abandoned.

The only 'pathetic people' in this story are the maternal grandparents.
  • Reply 48 of 147
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post

What a scumbag. Actually, I take that back, since you're most likely 13 or 14 years old, and thinking like a little kid (i.e., not thinking at all). People that give their kids up for adoption are not "abandoning" them - in most cases it is because they know they cannot give the child the best life possible, and they are ultimately doing what is right for the kid. How is that a bad thing? Should the parents keep the kid and raise it in poverty or some other terrible circumstances just so they can say they never "abandoned" them? Is that really better for the kid? Get an effing clue, dude.

A scumbag, or a little bag that collects scum (condom) would actually be quite helpful for irresponsible people who go around making unwanted babies. And poverty is no excuse for abandoning a child. People are responsible for their own decisions and if you can't raise a child then don't make one.
  • Reply 49 of 147
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Steve Jobs or Steve Jandali...

One name sounds like it belongs to an iconic computer maker. The other sounds like a great name to own an Italian restaurant or Pizza place.

For better or worse, I am glad it's Steve Jobs.

I know, I know...

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet." - Romeo & Juliet fame from Shakespeare.

/

/

/
  • Reply 50 of 147
    Quote:

A scumbag, or a little bag that collects scum (condom) would actually be quite helpful for irresponsible people who go around making unwanted babies. And poverty is no excuse for abandoning a child. People are responsible for their own decisions and if you can't raise a child then don't make one.

uh, but the point is that its already too late for such lecturing by people like you - the kid is here and the parents can't raise it. So now what? Raise the kid in bad circumstances, while a perfectly happy and normal couple is willing to adopt because they are unable to have their own children? Like I said, get an offing clue.
  • Reply 51 of 147
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:

No, I'm not adopted. As for having compassion, I don't give it to those who don't deserve it. I don't have any compassion for people who abandoned their children. On the other hand, the children of course deserve compassion, as they had no say in the process. The parents, not so much.

You know nothing of the circumstances but condemn anyway. They've done nothing to wrong you and often their kids end up in a far better environment than they would have been otherwise.

Some may not deserve compassion but the vast majority do. Single mothers, often of mixed race kids, probably not much more than a kid themselves who would have been crucified by society and with no future for either themselves or thier child gives them to strangers in the hope of a better life for their son or daughter.

Dude, get fucked by the high horse you rode in on.
  • Reply 52 of 147
    Well, if Steve had his biological mother&father and was raised in the regular scenario, Apple most likely wouldn't exist, and if it did, it probably wouldn't be as it is now, it'd probably be Grape, or Plum. Or Cranberry.
  • Reply 53 of 147
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nht View Post

Some may not deserve compassion but the vast majority do. Single mothers, often of mixed race kids, probably not much more than a kid themselves who would have been crucified by society and with no future for either themselves or thier child gives them to strangers in the hope of a better life for their son or daughter.

You must be joking if you think that I would have any compassion at all for dumb females who can't keep their legs closed for five minutes and are willing to give their babies away just because they don't like the skin color? In my view, such a mother would be a racist, rejecting their child because of their skin color. If they were so worried about a "mixed" child, then they shouldn't have sex with somebody who is of the wrong color, according to the mother.

Even though I am not fond of the man's politics, Obama seems to have done ok for himself, despite being mixed.
  • Reply 54 of 147
    I thought I read that Steve met his sister and his biological mother years ago.

Twenty years later, his biological father seems more concerned about himself then of meeting his son.

What a waste - Steve is better off without him.
  • Reply 55 of 147
    stourquestourque Posts: 364member
    Quote:

So quick to judge others. Someone once said 'don't judge others until you've walked a thousand miles in their shoes.'
  • Reply 56 of 147
    oc4theooc4theo Posts: 294member
    It is pride and anger that is keeping father and son away all these decades. Time waits for no one.

Very sad indeed! Someone got to make the first move, before it is too late.

If one of them dies, will the other go to the funeral?

Has Steve ever met his biological Mom? I hope these are covered in the upcoming biography, otherwise it is not complete.

So Steve is Syrian? I have always thought he is Jewish. Nice to know. Jobs, however sounds like Jewish name.
  • Reply 57 of 147
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roktheworld27 View Post

Well, if Steve had his biological mother&father and was raised in the regular scenario, Apple most likely wouldn't exist, and if it did, it probably wouldn't be as it is now, it'd probably be Grape, or Plum. Or Cranberry.

Or an innocent butterfly in China might be dead.
  • Reply 58 of 147
    Quote:

i am adopted, and having gone throug the circumstances, and having met (and been able to stay in contact with) one of my "birth/biological parents" is something i personally cherish.

I am different from Jobs (well, i hope i am as genius, probably not ) so, he will choose to do what he does.

Now in terms of your comment, i find it horrid. having talked with my biological parent, she spent weeks looking over countless families who all wanted to adopt someone, for various reasons.

I have seen people express themselves about how much they dislike this comment.

As one who has heard& understood the process, who was adopted and who has met a birth/biological parent i believe you are an idiot and should talk to people about what going through an adoption (or trying to have one) entails.

As a note, the adoption i went through was due to my biological father losing his job (with extremely slim odds of getting another one) and my "birth family" was already composed of 4 people.

EDIT:
    Quote:

after seeing this, i feel ashamed. you can read the line above this second quote of you for the reason... (on that note, i would ask you to answer what you should do if someone who doesn't want a child gets impregnated and wants an abortion (why don't you give to replies, one based off if a condom was used (condoms are not perfect) and if one was not used)
  • Reply 59 of 147
    Steve, if you're reading this -- go meet your biological father, you just have to be curious about your roots -- I know I would be!
  • Reply 60 of 147
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:

You must be joking if you think that I would have any compassion at all for dumb females who can't keep their legs closed for five minutes and are willing to give their babies away just because they don't like the skin color? In my view, such a mother would be a racist, rejecting their child because of their skin color. If they were so worried about a "mixed" child, then they shouldn't have sex with somebody who is of the wrong color, according to the mother.

That's my birth mom you're talking about. If we were having this conversation in person I'd have kneed you in the groin about half way through your hatefull little spiel.

No, I've never met her but I understand what society was like in the late 50's, early 60's even if you don't. I am pretty thankful to have been put up for adoption. I think for some that might have been easy but most folks I've met that have had to give up a child found it very hard and regret the circumstances.