Court documents allege Google's Andy Rubin conceived of Android while at Apple

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

All this explanation and yet you can't bring yourself to retract the derogatory statement. Look, I'll show you - I shouldn't have written that.

See how easy it is?

i have nothing to apologize for. since that was not a derogatory statement.
  • Reply 42 of 57
    j.r.j.r. Posts: 27member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post

i have nothing to apologize for. since that was not a derogatory statement.

You may not have intended it to be derogatory, but it came across that way. Your statement was clearly intended to disparage Rubin as evidenced by your use of dumb and ugly. By including gay in that context, it naturally implied a derogatory usage.
  • Reply 43 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

You may not have intended it to be derogatory, but it came across that way. Your statement was clearly intended to disparage Rubin as evidenced by your use of dumb and ugly. By including gay in that context, it naturally implied a derogatory usage.

derogatory or not Andy Rubin is still dumb and ugly.
  • Reply 44 of 57
    Aaaaand we're done with the gay talk, all right? It was bad enough when it was an insult, it became nonsensical when Tim Cook got involved.
  • Reply 45 of 57
    mennomenno Posts: 854member
    Quote:

yes, because someone's looks matter a ton in the tech world. If they did, the world would be screwed.

As for being dumb, he was bright enough to get hired by apple, Danger, Microsoft, found android, get it bought by google, and now manage one of Google's divisions. Is he dumb compared to someone like Stephen Hawking? Most likely. But compared to the likes of me, he's a genius. Compared to the irrational hate/fear you're displaying? He's Einstein.
  • Reply 46 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Menno View Post

yes, because someone's looks matter a ton in the tech world. If they did, the world would be screwed.

As for being dumb, he was bright enough to get hired by apple, Danger, Microsoft, found android, get it bought by google, and now manage one of Google's divisions. Is he dumb compared to someone like Stephen Hawking? Most likely. But compared to the likes of me, he's a genius. Compared to the irrational hate/fear you're displaying? He's Einstein.

Nice.
  • Reply 47 of 57
    All i did was describe Andy Rubin.

He is in fact the dumb, ugly and gay version of Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 48 of 57
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 49 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Perhaps, but what you didn't know is that FriedLobster is a supermodel, and that's what really matters.

hey how'd you guess?
  • Reply 50 of 57
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    Guys, I have doubts that were dealing with someone very old. Between the big type, spelling, grammar, writing style and the types of words he uses as insults, I suspect FriedLobster is a teenager. That would explain a lot, including his avoiding any serious discussions or understanding of Apple topics.
  • Reply 51 of 57
    j.r.j.r. Posts: 27member
    Quote:

WOOOOOSH.

You completely missed my point, kiddo.
  • Reply 52 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

WOOOOOSH.

You completely missed my point, kiddo.

Or maybe i just dont care.
  • Reply 53 of 57
    Who was it that teamed up with Motorola to create a phone with ipod capabilities then 2 years later released their own phone?
  • Reply 54 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Russell View Post

Who was it that teamed up with Motorola to create a phone with ipod capabilities then 2 years later released their own phone?

Are you? somehow implying that Apple stole iPhone OS' code from Motorola?
  • Reply 55 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Are you? somehow implying that Apple stole iPhone OS' code from Motorola?

No. . . Just the rectangular shape. \

I'm kidding of course. There shouldn't be any common sense argument for someone claiming rights to a shape, especially disregarding scale.
  • Reply 56 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

No. . . Just the rectangular shape. \

I'm kidding of course. There shouldn't be any common sense argument for someone claiming rights to a shape, especially disregarding scale.

I just had a thought. You mentioned scale, so how do these arguments scale up?

What if some famous architect builds a skyscraper? and then in some other city somewhere, another guy designs a building that looks identical to the original (obviously the inside's a little different as he wouldn't have had access to the original plans). What's the course of action? Can you copyright or patent building design?
  • Reply 57 of 57
    Good question. I'm certain some architects in Vegas know the answer, with scale copies of the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty coming to mind. In addition scaled "tourist trinkets" are pretty common. Now if they appear identical in scale, detail, etc, and considering many buildings are unique combinations of various basic shapes, I would suppose they could violate some design patent.