Lotus Organizer equivalent for Mac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
just got my 1st Mac (27") iMac, I have 10 yrs of contacts anniversaries etc in my M$ run IBM Lotus Organizer, dose the Mac have an equivalent as IBM, to my knowledge don't do "Organizer for Mac" Whats the best in this format of organizing "To Do, Address's, Calls, Notepad, Planner, Anniversary all in one package? please help....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kennybouy View Post

just got my 1st Mac (27") iMac, I have 10 yrs of contacts anniversaries etc in my M$ run IBM Lotus Organizer, dose the Mac have an equivalent as IBM, to my knowledge don't do "Organizer for Mac" Whats the best in this format of organizing "To Do, Address's, Calls, Notepad, Planner, Anniversary all in one package? please help....

Hi,

I don't know Lotus Organizer, but it sounds like what Address Book and iCal can do on your brandnew iMac. Both are in your Applications folder. Export data from Lotus, get that/those file(s) on your iMac's desktop, open iCal and Address Book and import that/those file(s).

Let us know how you fare.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quartermaster View Post

Hi,

I don't know Lotus Organizer, but it sounds like what Address Book and iCal can do on your brandnew iMac. Both are in your Applications folder. Export data from Lotus, get that/those file(s) on your iMac's desktop, open iCal and Address Book and import that/those file(s).

Let us know how you fare.

Thanks Q.M. I'm surprised you have been the only one to post about this.... I do like the "IBM Organizer" and its format, all in one with the headings in a side tap format, just like the hard copy paper Organizers you can buy for personal use. Was hoping that Apple had a similar product, thats all, will attempt your procedure and let you know, Have been away for the last 36hrs etc, but thanks heaps for this.....
    gagsoft
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kennybouy View Post

I'm surprised you have been the only one to post about this....

So am I.

Quote:

I do like the "IBM Organizer" and its format, all in one with the headings in a side tap format, just like the hard copy paper Organizers you can buy for personal use. Was hoping that Apple had a similar product, thats all, will attempt your procedure and let you know, Have been away for the last 36hrs etc, but thanks heaps for this.....

You may also want to browse around on MacUpdate.com (http://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/Organizer) and have a look at various software offerings ? commercial (paid), shareware, and freeware. Try out one or two and see what you like best.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    QM, Whoooa, theres heaps of stuff on that link, one might get lost...but looks great, will nosey around and see whats on offer. I was hoping for my decision to be by an over whelming vote of approval for a particular "Organizer style type App" but it hasn't come which makes me think theres not much Mac people use in a multi function Organizer... Not too worry your link will keep me busy & it just look's like I will have to take the leap of my own accord. That could be dangerous... cheers.... A new convert to the Mac world Go APPLE...,
  • Reply 5 of 6
    You could also ask around on https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa. The response can only get better...
  • Reply 6 of 6

Hi, I had the same problem, with more than 15 years worth of diary entries, birthdays etc in my Lotus Organizer, I was unable to find anything that matched organizer so for that reason I installed Parallels   Desktop on my iMac and run Windows 7 under that. I was then able to load Lotus Organizer and am still using it without any problems. If you do find anything with the capability of Lotus Organizer especially for Mac, please post a reply to let me know about it. All the best. K755MG1