Apple's iPhone 4 ship times slip ahead of iPhone 5 debut

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimUSCA View Post

I'm *really* surprised that there hasn't been an event invitation sent out yet.

that will happen two days before release.

Apple is been burned before.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uplate View Post

*guessing* that the iphone 4 will be immediately replaced by a 4s. perhaps just an updated radio making it a world phone to match the iphone 5's radio

In reality they should keep the 3GS around and sell it for buttons.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimUSCA View Post

I'm *really* surprised that there hasn't been an event invitation sent out yet.

I was thinking the same - not even any cryptically named events at the S.F. convention center. Seems kinda weird.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sierrajeff View Post

I was thinking the same - not even any cryptically named events at the S.F. convention center. Seems kinda weird.

They don't use the SF Convention center for announcements like this. They announce these at the Apple campus.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sierrajeff View Post

They only use Moscone Convention Center for WWDC.

Larger media events take place at the Yerba Buena Center theater. Smaller media events happen at the town hall space on campus.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

that will happen two days before release.

Apple is been burned before.

Nope, typical lead time for media invitations is one week. It's really the more respectful way to treat the media, letting them have ample lead time to clear their schedules and book travel.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Meanwhile in Australia the 8GB 3GS has dropped to free on a $29 plan or $434 outright on prepaid.

iPhone 4 pricing has remained the same.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You wouldn't think that if you'd used it. It's doing quite well. Any software holdbacks would be related to iCloud on its own, and I'm okay with that.

I agree. The iOS5 beta has become pretty stable. One bug I did find was that the dictionary does not work in iBooks. I tried to use the Dictionary option on a few words in a book and all I got was a blank balloon over the word. However, I am one version behind the latest release, so I should download the latest beta and see if it is fixed.