Apple's white iPod touch to use different lamination process than iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blah64 View Post

The camera will be upgraded to 4 or 5 megapixels as soon as the iPhone is upgraded to 8MP. They (frustratingly) want to keep that separation between products.

The existing camera on the iPodTouch is terrible, and I can't wait until it's upgraded (so I can upgrade again). So yes, I'm not unbiased, but I think it makes good sense.

The "thinnerness" of the pod dictates they'll never be able to put as good a cam in the iPT as in the iP. Laws of physics and optics and all......
  • Reply 22 of 24
    im want to get one but i hope their changes, i been wait 3 months for this i hope appple dont dissapoint, i like i os so far and cant wait to jailbreak iOS 5 but if they dont upgrade it i might get a 4th gen or get a 5 white since i waited this long
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dak splunder View Post

Who?

From where?

Why?

Analyst Dak Splunder said on Monday that the new iPod will come in four shades of white, from eggshell to cream to milk. It will contain no other changes other than coming with a live adorable puppy.

You can quote me.

:d

their own ideas and all
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigpics View Post

The "thinnerness" of the pod dictates they'll never be able to put as good a cam in the iPT as in the iP. Laws of physics and optics and all......

I understand what you're saying, but that presupposes that the iPodTouch has to be as thin as it is, and that miniaturization of cameras/lenses/quality has stopped progressing.

It would be hard to imagine Apple making a subsequent version of the Touch any thicker than it is now, but personally I preferred the previous version's form factor. It felt better in the hand and was much easier to find and push the buttons.

However, the second part is hard to argue with. These little cameras are getting better and better every year, and that process is going to continue. The question is whether Apple will continue to make the iPhone thicker than the iPodTouch, and how that thickness relates at the given time to the demands of the camera vs. the radio and other parts.

Perhaps the most poorly explained post I've written, but no time to edit now...