Is this the proper place for a person to introduce himself?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hopefully it is.

I've lurked this board for going on two years, so I thought this would be a good time to finally join in the conversation. I'm an Apple fan and investor. I bought my first Apple product 25 years ago this summer: a Mac Plus. I used it for business and personal projects, and I probably had more fun and made more money using that device than I have any other device, save my trusty old HP-12C. Still the best computer I have ever owned (for its time). Unfortunately I fell into Microsux/WinTel bondage in the early 90's and couldn't justify another Mac until fairly recently. Last year I bought an iPod Touch and it was such a great device, I immediately started shopping for a MacBook Pro. Then I got sick and almost died. But now I'm back, looking forward to getting another Mac... 25 years on.

I am not a computer expert by any stretch. So hopefully the experts here will have some patience if I ask a question that has been answered a thousand times before. My fields of knowledge include real estate, equities and Six Sigma. So if I can help you with any of those areas, I'd be happy to try. In personal interests, I am a Formula One fanatic. And cars are my passion... Jaguars, specifically (as you might have guessed from my handle). So if there are any F1 or ALMS/Le Mans fans here, please speak up.

Nice to meet everyone. I look forward to getting some direction and advice on picking out the portable Mac system that best fits my needs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Cheers and welcome. BTW I've always been a Lamborghini fan. Seeing it in action in GT300 was quite a moment during a recent SuperGT event where I am ...Even though it was just a practice round. You get to see what it's meant to do instead of being pranced around outside dance clubs.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    No beer?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

No beer?

Only if you promise to put out.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    F1 is fun, but the best driver in the world right now is a WRC man: Seb Loeb.