So, is Lion worth the upgrade?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Was the upgrade free or did you have to pay for it?

IMO, if Rosetta learns about this failure from past purchasers, they might well do something to overcome it. If new buyers hear that they might lose what they've paid for whenever there's a new OS, they just might not buy Rosetta in the first place. With all the expensive advertising that Rosetta does, I doubt that they would want that to happen.

So, if you've had an issue like this, please let Rosetta know.

Of course I had to pay for it!

I was replacing 5 year old software with a brand new version. The old version was designed for PPC hardware/OS. When that software was sold, it made sense to support PPC... and they hadn't yet (obviously) developed a fat binary version... since then they have ... and I suppose the next version will be strictly intel.

Rosetta Stone ALREADY knows. Their site is pretty explicit about what the software works with and what it doesn't.

IN any case, one App out of many dozens required a paid update... I really don't see how thats so burdensome or unreasonable as the OS progresses.

If it still supported all software from 10 or 20 (where do we stop?) years ago, you'd complain about how bloated the OS is... how all that legacy support is just holding the OS back!
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

The latest/newest version of RS DOES work with Lion.

Oh? How do I update mine? The application refuses to open.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh? How do I update mine? The application refuses to open.

I have version 4 ... i just click on the app (well.. the alias in the dock) and it opens ... pretty simple...
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It's an option, I will check which of the available options will be the most suitable.

That will be interesting!

Let's see what you've got...
  • Reply 45 of 48
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    [QUOTE=KingOfSomewhereHot;1939609]

IN any case, one App out of many dozens required a paid update... I really don't see how thats so burdensome or unreasonable as the OS progresses.

/QUOTE]

Burdensome? That depends on how many languages you have to re-purchase. It could become very burdensome.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    Quote:

Burdensome? That depends on how many languages you have to re-purchase. It could become very burdensome.

So keep running Panther! ... But that's hardly a reason to make a blanket statement that "most people would've better waiting until 10.7.4", as some are doing. In fact, very few users would be affected by upgrading, and a few (like yourself?) might be better off had the stayed with Panther.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

So keep running Panther! ...But that's hardly a reason to make a blanket statement that "most people would've better waiting until 10.7.4", as some are doing. In fact, very few users would be affected by upgrading, and a few (like yourself?) might be better off had the stayed with Panther.

And just where did you get the idea that i said anything like that? You have me mixed up with someone else.

Furthermore, I am using Snow Leopard and before that Leopard. Where did you get the idea that I was using Panther. NOT for a long time.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Quote:

And just where did you get the idea that i said anything like that? You have me mixed up with someone else.

Furthermore, I am using Snow Leopard and before that Leopard. Where did you get the idea that I was using Panther. NOT for a long time.

You're just taking it too personally... This entire thread head evolved into a select few "claiming" that no one should upgrade before, say, an x.4 update is available.

I was being facetious when I suggested that "you" were running Panther... Sorry you didn't figure that out.