Font Book

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Has anyone been able to locate the Font Book database in Lion? It seems Apple decided to relocate it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    If you click info on Font Book in your Activity Monitor and 'open files and ports', it lists open files associated with the program. Might be in /usr/share/icu.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

If you click info on Font Book in your Activity Monitor and 'open files and ports', it lists open files associated with the program. Might be in /usr/share/icu.

It does appear that there is a system file in that directory, but it does not seem to be the database for Font Book. Of note: Unless they changed the name in Lion, the database used to be a file named "fb.db".
  • Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zyniker View Post

It does appear that there is a system file in that directory, but it does not seem to be the database for Font Book. Of note: Unless they changed the name in Lion, the database used to be a file named "fb.db".

Try checking the open files for the fontd daemon - there's an SQLite db inside one of the folders in /private/var/folders/ - it seems to be in a random folder name but is ultimately inside a folder called com.apple.FontRegistry. The file fb.db no longer exists.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Try checking the open files for the fontd daemon - there's an SQLite db inside one of the folders in /private/var/folders/ - it seems to be in a random folder name but is ultimately inside a folder called com.apple.FontRegistry. The file fb.db no longer exists.

Good call. I figured they had probably dropped the usage of fb.db. Oddly, my fontd daemon does not seem to be accessing an SQLite database. Guess I'll close and relaunch Font Book a few times and make some changes in activated/deactivated fonts and see what changes.