Photo shows alleged 7th-gen multi-touch iPod nano with 1.3MP camera

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    muncywebmuncyweb Posts: 157member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

You are not supposed to bring cameras into the gym.

LOL...that would pretty much rule out every cell phone currently made. I say bring back the camera and include the clip. It was disappointing when the camera was removed.
  • Reply 42 of 52
    muncywebmuncyweb Posts: 157member
    I use my Treo 650 and a VelTye case at the gym. Just load up a few songs on the SD card and you're good to go. Works great.
  • Reply 43 of 52
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ameldrum1 View Post

I recently picked up a current (4th) gen. Shuffle to replace my brilliant 2nd gen Shuffle because it has the ability to sync podcasts (something the 2nd gen lacked).

I've never had a problem getting podcasts onto my 2nd gen shuffle. You just drag and drop them onto the shuffle (or into the playlist you sync with your shuffle). I listen to them at the gym all the time.
  • Reply 44 of 52
    ameldrum1ameldrum1 Posts: 255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dunks View Post

I've never had a problem getting podcasts onto my 2nd gen shuffle. You just drag and drop them onto the shuffle (or into the playlist you sync with your shuffle). I listen to them at the gym all the time.

Sorry if i wasn't clear. Of course you can manually drag and drop podcasts as individual tracks onto the 2nd gen Shuffle. The issue is that you cannot *automatically sync* podcasts to the device.

It gets pretty tedious having to go into iTunes everyday and manually delete the podcasts i've listened to, then drag and drop new ones onto the device.

With the new software you have a Podcasts tab where you can nominate all the usual stuff to sync (per iPhone etc) - eg "Automatically sync last X number of unlistened to episodes of X podcasts".

This way you just need to plug the device in, it will sync everything automatically while it charges, you never need to add or delete anything.

(with the old software you couldn't even create a smart playlist that contained your podcasts and just sync that. For some reason Apple excluded podcasts from the types of media that would sync - very annoying!!)
  • Reply 45 of 52
    someone is Making a huge joke with us here, i just can't understand Why the blogging Sites keep on repeating it as if it was true.

many companies in china take designs of real products and alter them. there are many iPhone lookalikes but when you look close, it is all fake, the os totally different etc. there are even iPod shuffles with built in radios. this iPod nano with camera is such example. never ever would apple remove the clip, it is essential to the size. the camera makes no sense at all. every mobile phone cam is better.

they initially added the cam because they thought they can get into the flip cam market, but this market hardly exist anymore and is also served pretty well by the iPod touch and e iPhone.
  • Reply 46 of 52
    antkm1antkm1 Posts: 1,441member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

You could always use an iPod Shuffle with clip in the gym.

iPod Nano Watch with front facing camera for facetime calls, wireless headphones, link to your iPhone for onscreen RSS news feeds, tweets, etc. Opens a whole new world.

You would have to add a wifi chip to the device too for that to work.
  • Reply 47 of 52
    daffyducdaffyduc Posts: 26member
    Looks too big of a hole for camera especially for the nano as my front facing iPhone 4 is much smaller.
  • Reply 48 of 52
    Could it be that this "hole" is intended for an exrternal antenna that, maybe, can do satellite/HD radio?
  • Reply 49 of 52
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    IT'S A TRAP!

The Apple logo is just pasted on. It's really made by you-know-whoOS...

• Reply 50 of 52
    no clip ? \ i don't think so, i can see the photo's iPod nano 7 come with clip......

http://www.apple.sh/forum/topic/New-...Generation.htm
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bertha View Post

no clip ? \ i don't think so, i can see the photo's iPod nano 7 come with clip......

That's an absolutely terrible idea. I certainly hope that's not an actual feature.
  • Reply 52 of 52

looks good to me. not really a feature i am looking for but seeing the last version supported a camera and the new one doesnt made no sense to me if people like the cam. my kids take quick vids and pics with their old nano's and i can see where some will like to get that feature back.