Apple to hold media event hosted by CEO Tim Cook on Oct. 4 - report

Comments

• Reply 21 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrmj2u View Post

... It doesn't look like he will be able to...

Picture posted on august 26th.

(WARNING: VERY DISTURBING IMAGE)

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/26/0...-01-credit.jpg

i hope he can get better sooner than later.

Jeezus.
  • Reply 22 of 86
    For your consideration, may or may not be true:

WARNING: VERY DISTURBING IMAGE

http://www.besttechinfo.com/tmzs-pic...jobs-was-fake/
  • Reply 23 of 86
    May I suggest you just link to the picture rather than embed it.

WARNING: VERY DISTURBING IMAGE

Quote:

Picture posted on August 26th.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/26/0...-01-credit.jpg

I hope he can get better sooner than later.

• Reply 24 of 86
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    So why the delay till august? I can tell you that if it is held in august we are either gonna get more than one phone or it's definitely NOT 4S and is a massive change in design.
  • Reply 25 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

So why the delay till august? I can tell you that if it is held in august we are either gonna get more than one phone or it's definitely NOT 4S and is a massive change in design.

Even though you said August, I am assuming you meant October?
  • Reply 26 of 86
    Quote:

Picture posted on August 26th.

I hope he can get better sooner than later.

FAKE!

This picture was circulated about a month ago.. It's TMZ. Nothing they do should be taken seriously. Even the bloggers like Gizmodo were professional enough not to post those pictures. Those bloggers who posted it, took it down right away and apologized.
  • Reply 27 of 86
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

But why would Apple mislead the media? If this release is not the same one given to the media...

AllThingsD <> Apple
  • Reply 28 of 86
    I am in the exact same boat, but I also plan to switch carriers at the same time. I'm tired of ATT's poor data coverage. I don't want to switch to Verizon. So, I am hoping that another carrier (like Cellular South) starts carrying the phone.

I'm actually more anxious to switch carriers than I am to get the new iPhone.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Quoting StarCraft II "Hell, it's about time!"

Let's just hope availability is within a week or so of the announcement, kept my 3GS expecting to trade up in June and have now had to wait like everyone else for months.....

• Reply 29 of 86
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Let's just hope availability is within a week or so of the announcement, kept my 3GS expecting to trade up in June and have now had to wait like everyone else for months.....

Life must be rough. How do you manage to find the motivation to get out of bed in the morning?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

how much to present?? SJ has already presented ios5 how much does it take to say here is the new phone.

they could use any day imo

usually there are several things presented. so what else

and no invites YET

Well, it's also about time for an iPod media event, so perhaps combine the two events? Throw in a a few graphs about sales figures plus the trend of late about bragging about how many people's credit card information they have lured into the iTunes Store, and you've got yourself a nice litte agenda for the event.
  • Reply 30 of 86
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

Even though you said August, I am assuming you meant October?

Yea sorry
  • Reply 31 of 86
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gijski View Post

I place my bet still at September 27:

- Apple's favorite location for these events, the Moscone center is booked at October 4

- There is a mysterious gap in their list of events around Sept 27....

http://www.moscone.com/site/do/event/list

Actually for media events they generally have them at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.

They do not have anything scheduled for Tuesday the 4th and we all know Apple like to have new products roll out on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

It's the 5th, at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. I'll bet on it.

Oh, and I look forward to seeing Cook speak
  • Reply 32 of 86
    It's not a disturbing image that needs to be hidden. It's our Steve Jobs. Same guy as always, just ill.

Do you cringe and look away whenever you see someone with an illness? Grow up
  • Reply 33 of 86
    TMZ is for idiots.
  • Reply 34 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

I'm sad. Even though he is no longer CEO I was hopng Steve Jobs would still be their presenter.

Jobs is unlikely to be THE presenter for the same reason Schiller is unlikely.

Now might Jobs put in an appearance and present an item on the list. Sure. He could always make a surprise visit.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

Or simply, Apple wanted to change the date. They have that power after all. Just like when they left MacWorld. No grand reason other than they wanted to, so they did.
  • Reply 35 of 86
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    sorry, are we really buying that a heavily photoshopped image of someone in what looks like a dress is really steve jobs? cause i know there are stupid people in the world, but.... really?
  • Reply 36 of 86
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Jobs is unlikely to be THE presenter for the same reason Schiller is unlikely.

Now might Jobs put in an appearance and present an item on the list. Sure. He could always make a surprise visit.

I doubt it. Steve Jobs doesn't work at Apple anymore. he's still a member of the board, but that's it.

If anything, Apple would be better off if they don't feature Jobs on the Keynote at all, just to prove once and for all that the company does need Steve to churn out amazing revolutionary products. (but we already know that of course)

I expect that Tim Cook will open the presentation saying everyone at Apple wishes Steve all the best, but that's it. Other than that everything will be presented by Apple Execs such as Tim, Scott and Phil.
  • Reply 37 of 86
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

Life must be rough. How do you manage to find the motivation to get out of bed in the morning?

Man, it's so hard. Luckily for me when I wake up AI has articles promising me my new iPhone in October..... then at the end of the day I usually see an article claiming that it's all a lie and that Apple have decided that the world will just have to wait because they can't be assed to release it until next year! I then usually cry myself to sleep cradling my old, battle scarred iPhone 3GS promising it that soon, soon it will be laid to rest in a nice comfortable draw with it's older comrades in arms from Apple history.
  • Reply 38 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lorre View Post

I doubt it. Steve Jobs doesn't work at Apple anymore. he's still a member of the board, but that's it.

If anything, Apple would be better off if they don't feature Jobs on the Keynote at all, just to prove once and for all that the company does need Steve to churn out amazing revolutionary products. (but we already know that of course)

I expect that Tim Cook will open the presentation saying everyone at Apple wishes Steve all the best, but that's it. Other than that everything will be presented by Apple Execs such as Tim, Scott and Phil.

While I agree with the rest of your post, Steve is still an Apple employee and he is chairman of the board not a member of the board.
  • Reply 39 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

AWWWWW YEAAAAhhhhHHHHHHHHHH BRING IT ON!

You secure that shit Hudson!

• Reply 40 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gijski View Post

I place my bet still at September 27:

- Apple's favorite location for these events, the Moscone center is booked at October 4

- There is a mysterious gap in their list of events around Sept 27....

http://www.moscone.com/site/do/event/list

Apple only uses Moscone Center for WWDC.

They use Yerba Buena Theatre and their own town hall facility on their Cupertino campus for other media events.