Wedge analyst says Apple will only release iPhone 4S this year

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    ronboronbo Posts: 669member
    Intuitively, this seems to make very little sense. If all they were going to do was a minor revision, then why didn't they have that ready in June.

Consider:

1) The transition from iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 was major, and they managed that in 12 months.

2) Also they didn't delay the iPhone 4 for iOS 4 last year.

Something has taken longer than 12 months. If Apple only produces an iPhone 4S this year, then there was a catastrophe behind the scenes, where a design they were shooting for when up in smoke.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalpen View Post

Bring on the 3g ipod!!! Data only plan with voip!!!

I can't imagine wireless companies tolerating that, but I'd LOVE it. They'd lose so much money as customers drop text and phone plans and go with Google Voice. I already use Google Voice for my texting.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lav1daloca View Post

what kind of garbage report is this? even Al Gore said apple is coming out with multiple iphones..

Al Gore also said he invented the Internet.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Al Gore also said he invented the Internet.

I'm going to assume you're either a kid, or you're simply unaware of what Gore actually said.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by un_plug View Post

This useless report was made for one reason, to lower the stock price.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

*checks posted time*

*check's Apple' stock plummeting*

Everyone at BGR needs to be jailed. Then everyone in Wall Street who believed them needs to be jailed.

Get a grip. So that report caused Apple AND the broader markets to plummet today? The surge in AAPL over the last few trading days was because of rumors that AAPL will be added to the DOW because of its size and economic influence. Apple is officially considered a Blue Chip now. Apple isn't a $100 stock where a $10 swing means a lot. At $410 a share, a $10 swing is nothing. Sit tight, enjoy the ride and don't get so emotional, fellas!
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post

I'm going to assume you're either a kid, or you're simply unaware of what Gore actually said.

I know what he did and he didn't invent the internet, like he said. I was using sarcasm to make a point that he stretches the truth.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post

I can't imagine wireless companies tolerating that, but I'd LOVE it. They'd lose so much money as customers drop text and phone plans and go with Google Voice. I already use Google Voice for my texting.

Well it's being done on my original iPad with Skype over 3G! And it's bound to be cheaper than an iPhone plan!
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by governor View Post

The branding/naming of iPhone 5 will be reserved for the LTE network. iPhone 4S will come out in October and will be the iPhone 4 that should have been (minus Mark Papermaster's mistakes and careless attention to detail - he got fired over screwing up iPhone 4 antennae designs) and of course with some nice enhancements.....8MP camera and iOS 5. Don't expect too much people.....its not a game changer, but its gonna be awesome!

Awesome ??? are you kidding.... Just to fix the antennae, replace the cpu and change out the camera and take 18 months... Really, are you kidding.

If that's what is announced next month then I'm looking at the Droids....And what a weak way for Cook to start out his CEO job. Bring back JOBS (sick or not, it will be better that what apple has).

I sure hope the guy is wrong...BIG TIME.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Why even bother to pay attention to any rumors at this point in time? In a few weeks we'll all know for sure as soon as it becomes announced. I certainly don't have a clue why these people speculate so much about what Apple is going to release except to possibly manipulate Apple's share price based on groundless rumors. These people are just looking to churn Apple stock on a daily basis since in the longer run it doesn't really matter. There are so many ways that Apple could play the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. I'd think it would be likely that the iPhone 4S is going to be the world phone since everything is in place to rapidly manufacture iPhone 4s in quantity and therefore sell at a lower price. The iPhone 5 would have to be high-end and production won't be set up to sell in quantity on all those carriers in China. Whether the same iPhone 5 will be able to work on AT&T and Verizon is something I can't figure out and I could only guess. That's why it's just better to wait until it happens.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

Why even bother to pay attention to any rumors at this point in time? In a few weeks we'll all know for sure as soon as it becomes announced. I certainly don't have a clue why these people speculate so much about what Apple is going to release except to possibly manipulate Apple's share price based on groundless rumors. These people are just looking to churn Apple stock on a daily basis since in the longer run it doesn't really matter. There are so many ways that Apple could play the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. I'd think it would be likely that the iPhone 4S is going to be the world phone since everything is in place to rapidly manufacture iPhone 4s in quantity and therefore sell at a lower price. The iPhone 5 would have to be high-end and production won't be set up to sell in quantity on all those carriers in China. Whether the same iPhone 5 will be able to work on AT&T and Verizon is something I can't figure out and I could only guess. That's why it's just better to wait until it happens.

+1. Who cares what the analysts think. They read the same rumor sites as everyone else. Any analyst who actually knew the truth wouldn't dare to reveal it. We'll know for sure in a week or two, and I hope it's insanely great.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lav1daloca View Post

what kind of garbage report is this? even Al Gore said apple is coming out with multiple iphones..

It's a game called "people who aren't authorized to speak on Apple's behalf speaking on Apple's behalf."
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post

Intuitively, this seems to make very little sense. If all they were going to do was a minor revision, then why didn't they have that ready in June.

Consider:

1) The transition from iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 was major, and they managed that in 12 months.

2) Also they didn't delay the iPhone 4 for iOS 4 last year.

Something has taken longer than 12 months. If Apple only produces an iPhone 4S this year, then there was a catastrophe behind the scenes, where a design they were shooting for when up in smoke.

Well, didn't you know? After the iPhone 4 was released, Apple was busy working on the White version. It is only after the White one was released did they start work on the next generation phone. So, I think they have had only 3-4 months to get the new one done.

I am waiting for the comments that say "Link please!!"

• Reply 33 of 33
    Isn't there already a 3G iPod touch?

Isn't it called an IPHONE?