Sprint says iPhone is the top reason it loses customers

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post

Sprint says iPhone is the top reason it loses customer? That's why the leadership makes the big bucks. Let's see AT&T lose a big chunk of their customers if Sprint gets the iPhone and if they don't adjust their prices.

All I know is my AT&T contract expires in thirty days and someone better persuade me to give them my business.

I was under the impression that in the US, AT&T has a more favorable contract for the iPhone than Verizon. Is this wrong?

(BTW, In the Chicago area I have found Verizon's reception to be inferior to US Cellular [for regular cell phones.])
  • Reply 22 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

In the style of Tallest Skil?

Ah, reaction images.
  • Reply 23 of 47
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

So is that an inverted exclaimation mark?

Did't there used to be an Apple supplied "KeyCaps"-like application in the Utility folder that I could use to find that out for myself? What happened to that?

I dont't know of a Mac OS app to find the meaning, but Wikiepdia is a good resource…
    In post #8 Tallest Skil used the backwards question mark (not upside-down question mark) as shown in the Wiki link. I prefer not to use Henry Denham's irony mark and instead use the Ethipoin temherte slaqî due to it's easy accessibility on an Apple US keyboard: hold down Option key and press 1 on the number row.
  • Reply 24 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

So is that an inverted exclaimation mark?

Did't there used to be an Apple supplied "KeyCaps"-like application in the Utility folder that I could use to find that out for myself? What happened to that?

¡ = option-1

It may be in different places, depending on your cat of choice. In Lion it's in the Keyboard Preference Pane - check the "Show Keyboard & Character Viewers in menu bar" box.

You'll see the flag of the country's input method - US flag, etc - at the top, pull down from there.
  • Reply 25 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

He has an accepted punctuation already, though.

Personally, I prefer the other one.

So don't worry. People will know what he's talking about⸮ They can't miss it⸮

Hmmm.... look at his post that I had replied to..... no ¡
  • Reply 26 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rcarlton View Post

¡ = option-1

It may be in different places, depending on your cat of choice. In Lion it's in the Keyboard Preference Pane - check the "Show Keyboard & Character Viewers in menu bar" box.

You'll see the flag of the country's input method - US flag, etc - at the top, pull down from there.

That is what I was thinking of, I guess. I was thinking there was something I could paste a character into and find out what it was. Maybe this is wishful thinking or perhaps I'm remembering some obscure 3rd party utility from the past.
  • Reply 27 of 47
    Thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I dont't know of a Mac OS app to find the meaning, but Wikiepdia is a good resource?
    In post #8 Tallest Skil used the backwards question mark (not upside-dwon question mark) as shown in the Wiki link. I prefer not to use Henry Denham's irony mark and instead use the Ethipoin temherte slaqî due to it's easy accessibility on an Apple US keyboard: Hold down Option key and press 1 on the number row.

• Reply 28 of 47
    Quote:

He has an accepted punctuation already, though.

Personally, I prefer the other one.

So don't worry. People will know what he's talking about⸮ They can't miss it⸮

iOS 5 on an iPad shows those as squares. Bug report time... ⸮
  • Reply 29 of 47
    Quote:

"Adjust our guidance" = "We'll be dropping the unlimited plan."

Both are correct.

They have to adjust their model to compete with the other two. The iPhone allows them to adjust and expand, not Android.
  • Reply 30 of 47
    Is Android bigger among the NASCAR crowd?
  • Reply 31 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacInsider2 View Post

It's why I switched to crap AT&T

Can't wait to switch back

Me too, I remember the customer service tried to talk me into keeping Sprint. AT&T does stink, it is truly pitiful and I can't wait to switch back to Sprint or give Verizon a try.
  • Reply 32 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

iOS 5 on an iPad shows those as squares. Bug report time... ⸮

iOS 4.3.5 on iPad shows it as squares too.
  • Reply 33 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Nerds and the poor.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

Is Android bigger among the NASCAR crowd?

Just a heads up. Owning Apple products and falling to your knees praising them doesn't make you any better than anyone.

You lot can love whatever you want but this smug elitist mentality I've seen among SOME of you is sad and pathetic.

Suggesting owning an iPhone somehow indicates you are smarter or rich is stupid (not just you) and you are living vicariously through a few statistics points.

You are not special. You are definitely not unique. You are a consumer making rich men richer. You will die the same as the poor kid who is happy as hell to get a cheap Android phone (or the rich Android fan who gets an expensive Android phone) because that's all his poor mother could afford. You are nothing all the same.

Get over yourselves.

/semi-rant
  • Reply 34 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Just a heads up. Owning Apple products and falling to your knees praising them doesn't make you any better than anyone.

You lot can love whatever you want but this smug elitist mentality I've seen among SOME of you is sad and pathetic.

Suggesting owning an iPhone somehow indicates you are smarter or rich is stupid (not just you) and you are living vicariously through a few statistics points.

You are not special. You are definitely not unique. You are a consumer making rich men richer. You will die the same as the poor kid who is happy as hell to get a cheap Android phone (or the rich Android fan who gets an expensive Android phone) because that's all his poor mother could afford. You are nothing all the same.

Get over yourselves.

/semi-rant

Lol?.

To the point, its facts pointed out by the Sprint CEO that makes me wonder why Apple isn't on all carriers yet. They are simply hastening the demise of the non Big 2 carriers, which will make it harder for them to negotiate in the future. Apple really needs to get onto all carriers so they have someone to negotiate with in the future.
  • Reply 35 of 47
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Wow! Something must have hit the nerve.
  • Reply 36 of 47
    wingswings Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

and the fraudulent billing charges.

...is why I left Verizon (plus all the "Call Was Lost" calls)
  • Reply 37 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Wow! Something must has hit the nerve.

It's a mindset that is poison to the entire world. Dehumanizing people by placing them within a false hierarchy to make yourself feel more special, more worthy, etc.

Not an exclusively iPhone owner thing but it's something that shouldn't permeate into topics such as this. It's bad enough in politics, race, religion, etc. But when you have Apple fans deeming Android fans as lesser beings or some sick Android fan wishing for the death of Steve Jobs something is clearly wrong on all sides.

I'm hardly a mediator and my Android bias is evident but reason should always apply everywhere. Reason and compassion are keys to the long term survival of humanity period and day by day, year by year they seem to decrease amongst the general populace.
  • Reply 38 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacInsider2 View Post

It's why I switched to crap AT&T

Can't wait to switch back

may i ask u a ? why is AT&T crap? I'm a sprint cust of 12 yrs and leaving because of all they have put in place and the changes lately. Plus in the past couple months its trying to keep a call going, random outages, you can see this on the sprint forums, no explanation from sprint. Thanx John....AT&T was one i was looking at changing to is why i ask...
  • Reply 39 of 47
    Don't know where Dan Hesse get his info, he forgot to say the piss poor CSR, some are bullies, charges that show up on bill where it takes several calls to get straight, the latest is all the changes they put into affect. The 10 buck(smart phone fee) that you are charged per phone, u pay it if u don't have 4g, (class action now in court) The outages everywhere, dropped calls like crazy, this is all in the sprint forums. I been with them 12 yrs and leaving. So all u people thinking of going back check them out first. So Dan, it is not the iPhone , wait til this quarter wanna see a churn rate, your decisions has peeved off a lot of people.....
  • Reply 40 of 47
    Seriously, the headline should read "Sprint says [the lack of an] iPhone is the top reason it loses customers". The current headline is misleading and sloppy, even if it were to be a direct quote. The way things are phrased really is important.