Samsung seeks ban of Apple's iPhone, iPad in new Netherlands lawsuits

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applecider View Post

I thought patent law said something like if you don't take action within a certain time frame then the patent loses some of it's exclusivity, that is that the design is in the public domain.

Thinking that will hurt sammy's cause.

Nope.
  • Reply 42 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post

Can't see that eating into their revenues, though! Have you seen the pace at which Samsung is selling phones and tablets? Have you seen the rate at which the installed Android user base has inflated? It is now about 3 to 4 times the size of iOS'. Ignore it at your peril.

You're clueless about basic facts, aren't you?
  • Reply 43 of 55
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    And in related news, bank robbers have started suing banks...
  • Reply 44 of 55
    They are now copying Apple's lawsuits! Quick, Apple, time for you to strike back!
  • Reply 45 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lukeskymac View Post

They are now copying Apple's lawsuits! Quick, Apple, time for you to strike back!

• Reply 46 of 55
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post

Can't see that eating into their revenues, though! Have you seen the pace at which Samsung is selling phones and tablets? Have you seen the rate at which the installed Android user base has inflated? It is now about 3 to 4 times the size of iOS'. Ignore it at your peril.

The all over size of the Android market has no bearing on what Samsung is making on their phones vs. what they make selling components to Apple. And Samsung is not selling tablets at a torrid pace, although they are shipping tablets at a somewhat better rate than they are selling them.

I've seen this "and now Android tablets are taking off" thing a lot recently, and can't find any evidence for it. Is there some kind of delusional calendar thing ticking in Fandroids heads that requires them to declare victory after a product has been on the market for a certain length of time?
  • Reply 47 of 55
  • Reply 48 of 55

Geesung Choi, CEO & Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd

Please allow me to offer a different perception on this here Samsung-Apple products dustup, instead, let's take look at one of the men involved.

Meet Mr. Geesung Choi, CEO of Samsung.

Here is the man who - when he realized the iPhone & iPad would be global mega-hits and Samsung would not be able to compete - ordered his VP's and other executives to forget innovation. Instead, Choi authorized them ruthlessly proceed to steal Apple's IP and use it in Samsung's products - and he instructed them to further claim and defend it as their own. Choi is the man who authorized other Samsung executives not to think original, but to "slavishly copy" the look and feel of Apple's products - and to vehemently deny it isn't so. Choi is the man who authorizes The Scam, the ongoing, elaborate, multi-faceted copycat scam on Apple and Apple's customers under the guise of "competition."

Choi is the man who wants to sue Apple the day the iPhone5 is released.

Could he be a smiling idiot? When you look at the face, he convincingly appears much like a smart, highly-educated, CEO type would, one who is proudly leading a global, innovative and original thinking company like Samsung, right?

Wrong. Samsung is not an innovative and original thinking company.

I'm convinced even a knowing man could be fooled by his photo. I believe that Choi's well-rehearsed oily smily smile is pure, adulterated window dressing for one of the most thuggish acting, IP stealing tech companies in the world these days. I got this picture from his letter to the shareholders and I read it. He's the typical pathological double-speaking PC corporate front-man type, highly polished in the art of spoken deception - and he writes like a liar too - all of it is very slick indeed.

His antithesis is Tim Cook.

Off-camera, the seat of the chair that this smiley-faced, thug-in-chief is sitting in is where the stink of the Apple copycat scam emanates. For it is from this seat, on a daily basis, Choi directs his gang of similarly smiling, smiley-faced thug executives on how to execute The Scam - on Samsung's website or in the marketing materials you see in every showroom - just lie about everything he instructs them; expectations, performance, reliability, built-in experience, Customer Service, and more - wherever you need to, perpetuate The Scam - trick the customers who want an Apple product in the first place, trick them into buying a Samsung knockoff instead. Do your best he exhorts, bonus time soon come he jests!

And even though Dr. Jekyll here looks like a person I could trust if I bought a knockoff from him, he is the Mr. Hyde who has certainly authorized other Samsung executives not to commit customer satisfaction, thus awarding Samsung one of the worst Customer Service rating in you can get in tech. http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Samsung

It's even harder to believe that his face is solely responsible for earning that awful score, isn't it. But let's go back to my fundamental question; is he a smiling idiot? I mean why is it HIS policy that Samsung must ape Apple, why is it HIS policy to order his executives to steal Apple's IP and "slavishly copy" Apple's products, and why... why does HE fund an army of spring-loaded, ready-to-sue lawyers with orders to stop at nothing, orders to keep and defend the Apple copycat scam & customer rip-off going, no matter what the costs or consequences?

Possibly because there is a awful lot of money to be lost if the scam stops, and, well, there goes his job and his BIG FAT BONUS!

imho.

You look closely at the man who wants nuclear war with Cook on the day the iPhone5 is launched. You tell me. What do you think his motivations could be?

I bet Mr. Potato Head lips is about ready to lose his job, so he's bluffing, else, he's a smiling idiot. Or quite probably both.

KOB
  • Reply 49 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

So is your reply.

Just quote my whole post:

"Apple should cross license their design patents?

Should they cross license their logo and company name as well?

I'd say your grasp of the essential facts is a bit pathetic."

Samsung is suing because Apple is enforcing their design patents.

Design patents are a very straightforward aspect of trade dress, like logos, colors, trade marks, etc.

Do you really think Apple will cross license a distinctive part of their trade dress?
  • Reply 50 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I think I'll champion Samsung for a while just to change things up.

Hell, I get into the same amount of trouble no matter who I champion.

You should start with a fandroid classic: "how come when Apple sues over patents it's 'defending their IP rights' but when Samsung sues it's because they're patent trolls???"

Also, be sure to post a photo of the Samsung picture frame, but only from the front, and neglect to mention that the actual shipping product looks slightly different.
  • Reply 51 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robodude View Post

Seriously? Please tell me that's a photoshop job...
  • Reply 52 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

You're clueless about basic facts, aren't you?

The Third Man is clueless about everything. He tried to pick his own nose only to poke out his eye.
  • Reply 53 of 55
    Can you imagine the outrage and backlash agaist samsung if the iphone and ipad were barred from sale in your country?

No one really cares about not being able to get a tab but if you could not by an ipad people would go skits! Surely this is not a good marketing move from Samsung. They should just create good, unique products and continue make money from selling parts to apple!
  • Reply 54 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yetanotherpunter View Post

Can you imagine the outrage and backlash agaist samsung if the iphone and ipad were barred from sale in your country?

No one really cares about not being able to get a tab but if you could not by an ipad people would go skits! Surely this is not a good marketing move from Samsung. They should just create good, unique products and continue make money from selling parts to apple!

Getting a ban, or even close to a ban on Apple products will make Apple more likely to seek a settlement.

That's how MOST companies operate these lawsuits. They build a case and try and extract a settlement (money) out of the other company. Apple's trying to get competitors banned.
  • Reply 55 of 55
    habihabi Posts: 317member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yetanotherpunter View Post

Worried? Theres no need to be.... I think Sammy is almost cute :-P. The copyist is angry and cornered... Aawww!