Samsung vows to step up legal action against Apple for 'free riding' on its inventions

Comments

• Reply 181 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shen View Post

Your childish belief in an invisible non-existent man in the sky shouldn't be a relevant issue in his choice of metaphors.

Well you're my hero for the time being.
  • Reply 182 of 215
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Typical tactic. Dehumanize anyone who doesn't think like you so they're easier to dismiss. Something tells me you'd have sided with the Nazi party.

That's the end of this thread. . .

Comments closed.
  • Reply 183 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

That's the end of this thread. . .

Comments closed.

I said that at #161...
  • Reply 184 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Follow the thread...

I'm sorry, but I still don't see anything before that post suggesting he wasn't honest or sincere. Besides his mildly amusing "blah, blah's" I've haven't had any big issues with him. Perhaps others have and I hadn't noticed.

Quite right, you did close the thread Island Hermit. Done and out.
  • Reply 185 of 215
    Quote:

I'm sorry, but I still don't see anything before that post suggesting he wasn't honest or sincere. Besides his mildly amusing "blah, blah's" I've haven't had any big issues with him. Perhaps others have and I hadn't noticed.

Quite right, you did close the thread Island Hermit. Done and out.

His response was to Muppetry who said:

"Look at it this way - they keep the rest of us honest. Or try to, anyway."

... and his reply:

"I don't need trolls to validate my sense of honesty or integrity."

A thing unto its own... separate from anything that went before.
  • Reply 186 of 215
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

Well you're my hero for the time being.

I'll second that.
  • Reply 187 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

I would dance with JOY knowing others cannot compete with my products. Because I know others and I would prefer a product that is well built, reliable and runs the better OS versus a product that looks similar, but I know is inferior in build quality (just pick the damned thing up) and runs a shoddy OS.

People are not going to buy a shoddily built knock off and then come to the conclusion that Apple's products are also poor products. That is a complete fallacy of logic. You should be ashamed trying to pass that off as a reasonable argument.

The reality is that people do buy knock-offs and shoddy products thinking they are going to get the real thing, or something just as good, on the cheap. Don't believe me?

Then why do people use false/misleading advertising? Why do people make knock-offs? Why do they make cheap products that imitate quality items? Why?

Because people are greedy, wanting something for nothing. Because people are careless and don't pay attention to what they buy. Because people make mistakes. And, sometimes, they will blame the quality manufacturer for their experience.

Because the people who make knock-offs can and do make lots of money, with little effort and little legal risk by copying quality products and (essentially) stealing your money by selling crap.

The problem with your reasoning is that most people (vast majority of people) are not as well informed about technology products as the average AI reader. Most are not even as intelligent, most likely, yet you appear to react as if they are when you put down another's opinion. You give them way too much credit.
  • Reply 188 of 215
    now that apple is moving away from their manufacturing, and apple being their biggest buyer, they want to try to take them for as much as they can before they have to post the rather grim news of major lost business.
  • Reply 189 of 215
    cgjcgj Posts: 276member
    Can Apple sue Samsung for this?

• Reply 190 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CGJ View Post

Can Apple sue Samsung for this?

if they personally built it? hell to the yes (I think as I'm unaware how the low works in conjunction to that but they should be able to)
  • Reply 191 of 215
    Quote:

if they personally built it? hell to the yes (I think as I'm unaware how the low works in conjunction to that but they should be able to)

Where is this display? Is it supplied by Samsung? Are the back wall graphics also supplied by Samsung, assuming that any of the display comes direct from them, or are those elements a part of the retailers decor (assuming it's a retailer)?

Did the company producing the graphics receive the proper releases before creating them? And if all the elements were contracted by Samsung, did they have releases to use each of the logos for marketing purposes?

Not nearly enough know to make any judgement.
  • Reply 192 of 215
    Quote:

Where is this display? Is it supplied by Samsung? Are the back wall graphics also supplied by Samsung, assuming that any of the display comes direct from them, or are those elements a part of the retailers decor (assuming it's a retailer)?

Did the company producing the graphics receive the proper releases before creating them? And if all the elements were contracted by Samsung, did they have releases to use each of the logos for marketing purposes?

Not nearly enough know to make any judgement.

yea all that is necessary to form an opinion on...I highly doubt that's a Samsung approved display, but if it is, let whatever comes to them come (for that)
  • Reply 193 of 215
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member
    Invent and revolutionize and get sued for being good.
  • Reply 194 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

What never fails to amaze me is: why do perfectly reasonably-sounding people waste their time, energy, brain cells, and logic responding to these silly trolls?

Ugh.

Let's see - you side with Apple and sound off against their competitors on 95% of the issues. Some of us support Apple when it makes sense, and point out flaws in pro-Apple arguments that we see. Who are the reasonably sounding people here?

To repeat, I love my wife but her farts still stink.

Furthermore, bad arguments are bad arguments. And this thread has more of those than most other threads. Steve Jobs' genius will not reflect on you no matter how much you kiss Apple's butt.
  • Reply 195 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spiced View Post

Before iPhone everybody acts as though they are king of mobile phones. They don't even innovate, buggie, function like shit and they act like kings of devices! Then came an underdog. Nearly everyone in the industry talks bad about this underdog. Calling by name and bark bark bark! Then one fine day all the users started buyiing this underdog like no day and nite! Sunddenky this underdog becomes top dog! And every shit hole started copying like they own a piece of the nderdog's innovation. So you go figure.

Yup that's a good summary of the past five years. The arrogance of telcos and mobile phone makers is most disturbing. But now they are reaping what they sow.

Karma's a bitch, ain't it.
  • Reply 196 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Let's see - you side with Apple and sound off against their competitors on 95% of the issues. Some of us support Apple when it makes sense, and point out flaws in pro-Apple arguments that we see. Who are the reasonably sounding people here?

To repeat, I love my wife but her farts still stink.

Furthermore, bad arguments are bad arguments. And this thread has more of those than most other threads. Steve Jobs' genius will not reflect on you no matter how much you kiss Apple's butt.

Just curious...can all that fit in my signature space?
  • Reply 197 of 215
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Strange how come this App Store images at the Samsung booth?
  • Reply 198 of 215
    Quote:

Just curious...can all that fit in my signature space?

Maybe you can quote the part about my wife's farts? She'll love the infamy.
  • Reply 199 of 215
    Quote:

The discussion we had about Timex and Rolex got me thinking further about premium brands in general. I can't imagine any scenario where Lexus would acknowledge any Hyundai as being a copy of one of their vehicles.

Sorry... The Korean tradition is to copy what works and make it as cheap possible, case in point. The Hyundai Equus.. When i first saw this car in South Korea I could not believe that they could get away with such a thing. But they did. I guess it's because Lexus did not patent it's design.

Apple did receive protection for it's design.

Imagine Samsung is your biggest supplier providing processors, memory and displays for your new product. In very short order your supplier copies your design to the point that in certain ways it becomes nearly indistinguishable from your own. From the case to the touchwiz operating system right down to the box it ships in. Then they go on to sell them by the boat load. Anyone that can't see the case here is blind.

For certain without the iPhone and iPad there would be no Galaxy at all.

If patent laws and litigation can not address this case for what it is then you may as well go out and copy what ever you want.

Samsung has no choice but to step up the fight. However I believe that they are going to take a well deserved beating on this one.
  • Reply 200 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stereopmax View Post

Sorry... The Korean tradition is to copy what works and make it as cheap possible, case in point. The Hyundai Equus.. When i first saw this car in South Korea I could not believe that they could get away with such a thing. But they did. I guess it's because Lexus did not patent it's design.

Apple did receive protection for it's design.

Imagine Samsung is your biggest supplier providing processors, memory and displays for your new product. In very short order your supplier copies your design to the point that in certain ways it becomes nearly indistinguishable from your own. From the case to the touchwiz operating system right down to the box it ships in. Then they go on to sell them by the boat load. Anyone that can't see the case here is blind.

For certain without the iPhone and iPad there would be no Galaxy at all.

If patent laws and litigation can not address this case for what it is then you may as well go out and copy what ever you want.

Samsung has no choice but to step up the fight. However I believe that they are going to take a well deserved beating on this one.

I have a solution for you: