Samsung shop features Apple's App Store, Safari icons on decorative app wall

2456713

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 255
    I assumed it was assholeish by design.
  • Reply 22 of 255
    This just shows no one really pays any attention at samsung to let this slip though. or they just dont really care, and just want to say "look we got them apps every one are talking about too"
  • Reply 23 of 255
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    Reposted with additions.



    Is this display furnished by Samsung? Are the back wall graphics also supplied by Samsung, assuming that any of the display comes direct from them, or are those elements a part of the retailers decor, perhaps repeated on other walls removed from Samsung's display? What does the rest of the retailers shop look like?



    Did the company producing the graphics receive the proper releases before creating them? If all the elements were contracted by Samsung, did they have releases to use each of the logos for marketing purposes? Is this an official Samsung-designed and supplied sales area or one created by the retailer to display Samsung products?



    Not nearly enough known to make any judgement.



    It IS a Samsung store.
  • Reply 24 of 255
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 23,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    It IS a Samsung store.



    Quoted from the original AI article:

    "A photo of the South Korean electronics giant's new mini-shop, located inside a Euronics store. . .
  • Reply 25 of 255
    All jellous: Samsung = next Apple! Iphone made in Korea (of Korean components), using Samsung CPU. Apple steal IP from Samsung, VIA, S3. Apple will lose lawsuit, pay billions!
  • Reply 26 of 255
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    Quoted from the original AI article:

    "A photo of the South Korean electronics giant's new mini-shop, located inside a Euronics store. . .



    Yes. It's a Samsung store within another store, just the way Apple does it. Are you saying that Apple isn't responsible for the way their stores within a store are set up? Are you saying that Apple isn't responsible if they also have the photo's of that store within a store on their own website and don't bother to look to see if everything's correct?



    Oh, you know you would blame them. But this isn't Apple, so you're on their side.
  • Reply 27 of 255
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by discord View Post


    All jellous: Samsung = next Apple! Iphone made in Korea (of Korean components), using Samsung CPU. Apple steal IP from Samsung, VIA, S3. Apple will lose lawsuit, pay billions!



    Oh look! a new baby troll. Isn't he cute?



    Anybody have a milk bottle. Need a strong nipple though. I hear they bite.
  • Reply 28 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by discord View Post


    All jellous: Samsung = next Apple! Iphone made in Korea (of Korean components), using Samsung CPU. Apple steal IP from Samsung, VIA, S3. Apple will lose lawsuit, pay billions!



    Well, you may not be the one that follows, but you're certainly going to be one of the shorter-lived trolls here.
  • Reply 29 of 255
    This is why I hate commenting on AI articles. You make one funny little comment early on, and you get stuck listening to ALLLLL THISSSSSSS
  • Reply 30 of 255
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 23,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    Yes. It's a Samsung store within another store, just the way Apple does it. Are you saying that Apple isn't responsible for the way their stores within a store are set up? Are you saying that Apple isn't responsible if they also have the photo's of that store within a store on their own website and don't bother to look to see if everything's correct?



    Oh, you know you blame them. But this isn't Apple, so you're on their side.



    Geez Mel. I'm not saying anything about Apple.

    Now you know how Euronics stores are set up too? And that Samsung does the setup up of their mini-displays just like Apple does their stores. And that everything in the photo was put there by Samsung? And no one has releases for anything on the walls? I should have just asked you in the first place rather than posting questions I have to ask/answer for clients several times a year as part of my business services.
  • Reply 31 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    Geez Mel. I'm not saying anything about Apple.



    Well, anything good, at least.
  • Reply 32 of 255
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 23,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Well, anything good, at least.



    Touche'
  • Reply 33 of 255
    This is absolutely disgusting behaviour.... the final brick in the wall....



    EU must take action now to ban Samsung from Europe.
  • Reply 34 of 255
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    Geez Mel. I'm not saying anything about Apple.

    Now you know how Euronics stores are set up too? And that Samsung sets up their mini-displays just like Apple does their stores. And that everything in the photo was put there by Samsung? And no one has releases for anything on the walls? I should have just asked you in the first place rather than posting questions I have to ask/answer for clients several times a year as part of my business services.



    It's the responsibility of the company whose store within a store it is. That means Samsung. Seriously! To make excuses is nuts! Samsung should have checked that out carefully. They should have demanded a picture of it before it was built. AND they should have made sure that every other companies images were allowable under trademark laws applicable wherever the store is. This is standard procedure. I had a commercial photo lab. I had to ask my customers if I could put one of their images up on my walls. You aren't allowed to do this. Can you imagine Apple not checking every detail first? Of course not!



    Why are you so quick to give Samsung a pass?



    You're not saying anything about Apple because it doesn't involve Apple directly. They didn't do anything. I'm asking you directly if you would give Apple a pass if it happened to them. A quick yes or no would be fine.
  • Reply 35 of 255
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Well, anything good, at least.



    Yeah.
  • Reply 36 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    Reposted with additions.



    Is this display furnished by Samsung? Are the back wall graphics also supplied by Samsung, assuming that any of the display comes direct from them, or are those elements a part of the retailers decor, perhaps repeated on other walls removed from Samsung's display? What does the rest of the retailers shop look like?



    Did the company producing the graphics receive the proper releases before creating them? If all the elements were contracted by Samsung, did they have releases to use each of the logos for marketing purposes? Is this an official Samsung-designed and supplied sales area or one created by the retailer to display Samsung products?



    Not nearly enough known to make any judgement.



    this must be a sad day for an Apple-hater like you. hehe
  • Reply 37 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    Geez Mel. I'm not saying anything about Apple.

    Now you know how Euronics stores are set up too? And that Samsung does the setup up of their mini-displays just like Apple does their stores. And that everything in the photo was put there by Samsung? And no one has releases for anything on the walls? I should have just asked you in the first place rather than posting questions I have to ask/answer for clients several times a year as part of my business services.





    FACT: Samsung is trying to mislead buyers into thinking they're buying an iPhone.



    Samsung is a shameless copycat and everyone knows it. JUST F'IN ADMIT IT.
  • Reply 38 of 255
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 23,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    It's the responsibility of the company whose store within a store it is. That means Samsung. Seriously! To make excuses is nuts! Samsung should have checked that out carefully. They should have demanded a picture of it before it was built. AND they should have made sure that every other companies images were allowable under trademark laws applicable wherever the store is. This is standard procedure. I had a commercial photo lab. I had to asks my customers if I could put one of their images up on my walls. You aren't allowed to do this. Can you imaging Apple not checking every detail first? Of course not!



    Why are you so quick to give Samsung a pass?



    Asking pertinent questions is not the same as giving a pass, and how Apple does retail has no bearing on this. Why are you so quick to claim Samsung guilty. . of something. With nothing more to go on than a photo taken inside another retailer's store? Seriously.



    I've worked with General Growth, one of the largest mall developer's in the world, for over 15 years. I've set up 1000's of store displays and related signage/messaging, including in-store kiosks within other stores. Worked in cities from Savannah, GA to Pembroke, FL, handling in-mall promotions for 17 different properties. In nearly every instance I've had to deal with, the contract seller within the store has little to say about what is in the background of their area. They pay for a certain square footage for a certain term. Sometimes a 3rd party provider supplies the display elements. Other times the store itself handles setup and requires the 3rd-party staff to work from their facilities. At other times the seller handles every detail, including setup. And often a company like mine is contracted to design/produce/install the design elements.



    In this case you have little idea what you're talking about. IMHO, you simply missed the part of the story that mentioned the display was within another retailers's store when trying to correct me, then tried to cover with an 'authoritive" post. There is no "rule" about how the contract seller handles the display/setup requirements. It varies with circumstances, thus the reason for the questions I posed.
  • Reply 39 of 255
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 23,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    You're not saying anything about Apple because it doesn't involve Apple directly. They didn't do anything. I'm asking you directly if you would give Apple a pass if it happened to them. A quick yes or no would be fine.



    I'd ask the exact same questions.
  • Reply 40 of 255
    How much will it cost to hire some local South Korea thugs to "teach" Samsung executives some lesson??



    In US, you can pay somebody some $20-baggies and get a lot of things done "off the record", if you know what I mean.



    In China, couple hundred US dollars can get tons of thing done. However, murder-for-hire may cost a bit more.
Sign In or Register to comment.