Apple invites press to 'talk iPhone' at media event on Oct. 4

Comments

• Reply 61 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eksodos View Post

Hell yeah I'm ordering 10 of everything they announce, definitely!!!! I'm so excited for this moment to arrive, this will be the happiest day of my life.

I think you need to get out more. It's just a consumer product for heavens sake.
  • Reply 61 of 188
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Reportedly Apple claims the iPhone 4's hardware isn't robust enough to support the feature.

I don't know. Dragon Dictation already does pretty good voice to text.
  • Reply 63 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Apple's pretty good about making sure features are as complete as possible. They might not be first, but more often than not it's done right.

Auto Spell Correction being one exception.
  • Reply 64 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I don't know. Dragon Dictation already does pretty good voice to text.

But the full integration of Siri/Assistant will need the updated specs, so says the rumor mill.
  • Reply 65 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

The i4 is more than most people need. ... lots of people have been waiting a long time, and expect something more than an old style phone with a few better specs. Many of those folks might be disappointed with less than what was expected.

You use hyperbole too much. Nothing you say is believable because you are so extreme in your statements.

Last year's phone design is clearly not "an old style phone." Also, you say at the beginning that the phone is more than most people need, and finish up by saying that the increased spec will be less than what they expect (and thus disappointing). These are entirely opposite statements.
  • Reply 66 of 188
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple on Tuesday sent out invitations to members of the press for an event on its Cupertino, Calif. campus next Tuesday, Oct. 4, with the tagline "Let's talk iPhone."

As was previously rumored, the presentation will be led by Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook, who will introduce the company's next-generation iPhone. The event is scheduled for 10 a.m. Pacific, and AppleInsider will have full live coverage.

In related news, Samsung is holding a press conference one week later at 10 am. They changed the date in the calendar icon and changed the location in the map icon and left everything else the same. That proves they're not copying.......
  • Reply 67 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Hmm, iPhone 4S or iPhone 5?

Judging from past invitations, Apple loves hidden meanings. I'm seeing a lot of "4" references here.

- The 4th of October as a double entendre.

- 4 icons.

- The sum of all visible digits, divided by the number of icons:

4+10+280+1=295.

2+9+5=16.

16/4=4

Or, If you take the map icon as meaning 1 Infinite Loop:

4+10+1+1=16

16/4=4.

Ok, I'll put my tinfoil hat away!

But the clock shows digits 1 thru 12 you only used the 10

• Reply 68 of 188
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

A little birdy told me there'll be three versions, an iPhone 6, an iPhone 5S and an iPhone 4SS, the last of which is completely free, but you agree to be constantly wiretapped.

No, those are the Samsung/Android copies of the iPhone.
  • Reply 69 of 188
    This is conference is all about talking. People seem to forget that you don't have to text like a 13 year old.
  • Reply 70 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Couldn't this be a voice mail instead of a missed call? It would make more sense.

Doesn't the iPhone use a '+' on the phone icon to indicate voicemail, rather than a number?

I think the '1' indicates that there's one new iPhone.
  • Reply 71 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Couldn't this be a voice mail instead of a missed call? It would make more sense.

If it was a voice mail, the number would have been 2 ...

1 = missed call

1 = voice mail that follows

------------------------------

• Reply 72 of 188
    If it has LTE on Verizon, I will probably get one. I don't want to wait another 2 years for LTE.
  • Reply 73 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

But the clock shows digits 1 thru 12 you only used the 10

Well, I was going by the implied meaning of the clock, which is "10 AM"

Also, more tinfoil hatting (I can't help myself):

The number of characters in "Let's talk iPhone." (including apostrophe and period) is 16.

16, as we all know, is a perfect square of 4.
  • Reply 74 of 188
    1) So will this be held at 1 Infinite Loop, Moscone, or elsewhere?

2) Will it be streamed live?

3) Off topic: When they move the main campus to the Spaceship or update to their own mapping backend will they also change the Maps icon to showcase the Spaceship campus or stick with 1 Infinite Loop for sentimental reasons?
  • Reply 75 of 188
    The small auditorium will not have room for everyone.

Don't think Mr. S. Jobs will be present. He could probably be on the other side of the world.

That way they could show of their iMessage and all the other 'Goodies'.
  • Reply 76 of 188
    Fuck yeah!!!!!!
  • Reply 77 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DougMcNerd View Post

If it was a voice mail, the number would have been 2 ...

1 = missed call

1 = voice mail that follows

------------------------------

You can leave a voicemail without the call going through. Especially when out of service the '1' will pop up when the voicemail can be delivered to the phone.
  • Reply 78 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

But the full integration of Siri/Assistant will need the updated specs, so says the rumor mill.

Well if the rumor mill says so, I guess it must be true.

I know they made iMovie iPhone 4 exclusive due to cpu requirements, but that I understand since we are talking about video editing. Unless there is some other hardware consideration such as a new noise filtering microphone (just an example) that makes the voice system work, I don't see why it would need so much more cpu capabilities to deal with voice and database applications.

I hate voice control anyway so I don't need it, but I'm happy if they deliver it for those of you who want it. As long as I can turn it off I'm happy.
  • Reply 79 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) So will this be held at 1 Infinite Loop, Moscone, or elsewhere?

2) Will it be streamed live?

3) Off topic: When they move the main campus to the Spaceship or update to their own mapping backend will they also change the Maps icon to showcase the Spaceship campus or stick with 1 Infinite Loop for sentimental reasons?

1) Covered in the original article.

2) No one knows. We'll have to wait and see.

3) No one knows. We'll have to wait and see.
  • Reply 80 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

1) Covered in the original article.

Thanks. I obviously missed the first sentence of the article.