aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

Scotty: Computer! Computer?

[He's handed a mouse, and he speaks into it]

Scotty: Hello, computer.

Dr. Nichols: Just use the keyboard.

Scotty: Keyboard. How quaint.

If it was made out of transparent aluminum, that would be COOL.
  • Reply 122 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by poiboy005 View Post

Also, my take on the teaser image is...

first icon: day and date of event

second icon: local time (Pacific) of the event

third icon: the location (picture of 1 infinite loop, CA on the map)

fourth icon: iPhone missed call (missed the June announcement, pushed back to October)

The 1 on the phone icon is.. it'll be only on ONE carrier... Apple Wireless Network... After Apple puts Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and all the other smaller telecoms out of business with their awesome service... then when the other telecoms can no longer survive... they will be on sale and Apple will take over them all, combine all their spectrum, and create the Apple Super Wireless Network. Now everyone gets free mobile to mobile, no roaming charges, and would only have to pay for landline.
  • Reply 123 of 188
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Hmm, iPhone 4S or iPhone 5?

Judging from past invitations, Apple loves hidden meanings. I'm seeing a lot of "4" references here.

- The 4th of October as a double entendre.

- 4 icons.

- The sum of all visible digits, divided by the number of icons:

4+10+280+1=295.

2+9+5=16.

16/4=4

Or, If you take the map icon as meaning 1 Infinite Loop:

4+10+1+1=16

16/4=4.

Ok, I'll put my tinfoil hat away!

what about all the other digits on the clock face?

4+1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+280+1 = 363. (not sure where to go from there)

or 4+1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+1+1 = 84 - clearly a reference to the 1984 Macintosh Commercial

or did you mean only the resulting time indicating by the clock hands: 10:00

now where did I put MY tin foil hat?
  • Reply 124 of 188
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeromeus View Post

The 1 on the phone icon is.. it'll be only on ONE carrier... Apple Wireless Network... After Apple puts Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and all the other smaller telecoms out of business with their awesome service... then when the other telecoms can no longer survive... they will be on sale and Apple will take over them all, combine all their spectrum, and create the Apple Super Wireless Network. Now everyone gets free mobile to mobile, no roaming charges, and would only have to pay for landline.

Next stop, rule the world.
  • Reply 125 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

Next stop, rule the world.

Next stop, try to reach agreement with Mr.Putin re Apple Store in Kremiln
  • Reply 126 of 188
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnatolyT View Post

Next stop, try to reach agreement with Mr.Putin re Apple Store in Kremiln

Vodka and iPhones for everyone!
  • Reply 127 of 188
    Have all the previous iPhones been unveiled at WWDC? This would mark the first time that the iPhone had its (technically) own event and therefore it's own coded invite messages. Or did the invites for WWDC 2010 make major references to the '4'?

As an aside, if you're ever bored, look back a year ago at all the rumors, mockups, etc. of what the '4' was "going" to be. It'll give you some good laughs.
  • Reply 128 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

Vodka and iPhones for everyone!

And iVenik for iBanya for free for everyone!
  • Reply 129 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

Have all the previous iPhones been unveiled at WWDC?

First one was MacWorld.

Quote:

As an aside, if you're ever bored, look back a year ago at all the rumors, mockups, etc. of what the '4' was "going" to be. It'll give you some good laughs.

Bunch of teardrops until we saw the actual thing on Gizmodo, if I remember correctly.
  • Reply 130 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Introducing iPhone 4S, now with built in Pez dispenser!

Now that would be something.
  • Reply 131 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

With stiff competition from phones like the Galaxy S II, I don't think Apple can afford not to raise the bar again.

In which possible universe could iOS 5 not be considered to "raise the bar"?

</humor>
  • Reply 132 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

You left out the explanation for the period.

Ah, I was just about to get to the period.

As we all know, a period is how one ends a sentence. I just used one at the end of that last sentence. And that one. Also that one...

For the Apple invite, it signifies the end of Apple. You heard it here first! Apple is being bought by RIMM, makers of the BlackBerry, so they can start releasing their AppleBerry combination phone: the FruitFone!

Genius, Tim Cook. Pure genius.
  • Reply 133 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mtmw1863 View Post

4G is a dealbreaker for me. I really hope it has 4G but, from what I am reading, it may not have it.

4g phones don't exist yet. The lte phones that do exist however drain battery life in record time.
  • Reply 134 of 188
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

4g phones don't exist yet. The lte phones that do exist however drain battery life in record time.

I think there is a high probability of HSPA+ '4G', not so sure about LTE '4G', and definitely not the ITU-T defined LTE Advanced '4G' you seem to be referencing.
  • Reply 135 of 188
    I am for one am excited to see the announcement and see what comes out of it. At&t doesn't seem to be allowing people to upgrade early, so I cant until Nov. And unless an iphone 5 is released with a thinner wider screen with curved back, then I will probably wait for the next generation and be happy with ios5 and my iphone 4.
  • Reply 136 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

And unless an iphone 5 is released with a thinner wider screen with curved back, then I will probably wait for the next generation and be happy with ios5 and my iphone 4.

So this appeals to you more than actual new features? Your current phone too fat, skinny, and square for your tastes?
  • Reply 137 of 188
    tony1tony1 Posts: 259member
    After all these years with Verizon I can finally drop our two Treo BRICKS. Since being grandfathered into a data plan a month or so ago there's now no reason for me to continuing holding back and join the crowd. I hope the rumors are true as we'll be purchasing two right off the bat. Yay for me!! Yay for my wife!!
  • Reply 138 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So this appeals to you more than actual new features? Your current phone too fat, skinny, and square for your tastes?

actually the glass on the back for me is very slippery that is why I use a case, but I would prefer not to. A metal back I'm sure would be easier to hold as well as the shape, and I personally wouldn't mind a slightly larger screen. But also new features are an obvious inclusion in the product, I do not feel my phone slow though by any means, the main feature I would find most useful would be an improved camera.
  • Reply 139 of 188

When & What Time: Tuesday the 4th + 10:00 AM

Where & What: Cupertino Campus + 1 Phone

No iPhone 4S... only one phone. iPhone 5.

Right?
  • Reply 140 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rockarollr View Post

When & What Time: Tuesday the 4th + 10:00 AM

Where & What: Cupertino Campus + 1 Phone

No iPhone 4S... only one phone. iPhone 5.

Right?

And 1 could be meaning 1 world phone (CDMA & GSM).

Lets "Talk iPhone" could be meaning it has voice recognition feature.