airport extreme

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am looking to upgrade my wireless at the house to a wireless extreme from my old belkin router. i am not worried about my computer being able to connect. My girlfriends computer (older MBP) is my concern. She just upgraded to SL and i thought i read somewhere you had to DL a patch for the older macs to connect. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    You turn it on, it connects. Wi-Fi is Wi-Fi is Wi-Fi.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Sometimes older computers don't support the newer encryption techniques but I'd expect the MBP to be ok. There was an update to unlock 802.11n though. I don't expect you'll have any problem connecting the old MBP.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    It is reported that Apple will discontinue the iPod classic after an impressive 10-year run, while the iPod shuffle is also expected to get the ax as the company moves toward a multi-touch lineup for its iconic portable media players.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by janesue View Post

It is reported that Apple will discontinue the iPod classic after an impressive 10-year run, while the iPod shuffle is also expected to get the ax as the company moves toward a multi-touch lineup for its iconic portable media players.

Having what to do with the AirPort Extreme, bot?