Talk of two new iPhone models continues to cool off ahead of Apple event

Comments

• Reply 21 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

"Apple is stoopid! I love them so much. What a dumb strategy they have. They are going to win!!! but for now they are DOOMED!"

Good stuff!
  • Reply 22 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I have no idea what a picture of Al Gore throwing up Al Gore even means.

It's based off the original, which is the troll face throwing up troll faces.

I tried to find that and suggest it as an alternative (because you can't post a picture of a political figure without someone being offended), but I couldn't, which I found strange.
  • Reply 23 of 73
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And the next model of iPhone is a new product. Or maybe that's not good enough for you. Maybe you DESERVE to have two models of iPhone. Maybe Apple OWES IT TO YOU to make something 100% new every single time.

You people are making me very, VERY incredulous.

Look, forget it. You're all trolls anyway.

Yes we are all Android loving trolls who are concerned about Apples new releases.

You are the worst kind of commentator here. Apple is never wrong. If Apple released the iPhone 4 with a 10% bump in processor speed you would be ecstatic.

We can be fans of Apple and criticse them. If all their design team has done in a year and a half is add a new camera and a new processor - which takes no design skills , in fact - then criticism is warranted. I was at a lunch today where nobody had an iPhone though sone used to. People move between models. An iPhone 4 copy with a new processor will change none of these peoples buying decisions.
  • Reply 24 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Keeping the 3GS makes sense. However what doesn't is a 16 month delay to put in new processor in a phone with no other changes.

A lot of people have complained that a 16-month delay would be ridiculous for just a speed bump (if that's what really happens), but I think it's a strategic change by Apple to have the new iPhones come out just before the holiday shopping season like iPods have for years. The iPhone is overtaking iPods, IMO. I think the iPhone refresh will be during this timeframe from now on, but I doubt we'll ever know the true reason for the delay.
  • Reply 25 of 73
    Quote:

If Apple released the iPhone 4 with a 10% bump in processor speed you would be ecstatic.

It would be better than this buildup of nonsensical speculation that inevitably leads to Apple "falling short" when they had never planned half of that at all.
  • Reply 26 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Good stuff!

If you've never tried a little pussy, you're missing out.
  • Reply 27 of 73
    If the iPhone 4S/5 turns out to be an iPhone 4 chassis with an A5 chip, then Apple should have released it much earlier. iOS 5 does not seem like an upgrade worthy of holding up the new iPhone for unless the iPhone itself turns out to be a game changer that everybody is going to rip-off in 6 months from now.
  • Reply 28 of 73
    Quote:

snip

If Apple released the iPhone 4 with a 10% bump in processor speed you would be ecstatic.

Not me. I'd be waiting for 2012 and the LTE version. My current 4 smokes with iOS 5; I don't game and prefer my Canon 5D for digital photography.

Edit: That said, they've yet to disappoint me with their revs.
  • Reply 29 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

If the iPhone 4S/5 turns out to be an iPhone 4 chassis with an A5 chip, then Apple should have released it much earlier. iOS 5 does not seem like an upgrade worthy of holding up the new iPhone for unless the iPhone itself turns out to be a game changer that everybody is going to rip-off in 6 months from now.

IMO it will be the teardrop design, with A5. Kind of makes sense to follow MBA form factor (once ol Jonny I gets on a terror ya know) .

Will it have LTE, NFC, HSPA+, NFL, NBA, NCAA, AFL-CIO, CIA, FBI, ELO(the band) etc... who knows.

But what will they do to try to fit in LTE chip if it isnt in this one... hmmmm.
  • Reply 30 of 73
    anyone else notice how much that invitation looks like the iPod nano interface?
  • Reply 31 of 73
    T-Mobile is also backing Samsung in it's fight against Apple.

http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/
  • Reply 32 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kriskkalu View Post

T-Mobile is also backing Samsung in it's fight against Apple.

What does that have to do with this thread?
  • Reply 33 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

What does that have to do with this thread?

Blogspam. Remove that link from your quote and report his post.
  • Reply 34 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, they just make reading the forums a living Hell as they whine and complain about features Apple was never going to give them in the first place.

Don't forget about them starting the rumors of the next release, before the announced product is actually out
  • Reply 35 of 73
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,211member
    Courtesy of Mr X, 9to5Mac has news on a new iPod Touch and Apple inventory numbers for the new iPhone(s).

http://9to5mac.com/2011/09/28/new-ip...entory-system/
  • Reply 36 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msuberly View Post

But Al Gore said "iPhones" so it must be more than one!

Yeah, but he also invented the Internet!
  • Reply 37 of 73
    There is more than one likely reason for the event invitation to have the red numeral "1" on the page.

It may just as easily imply that scenario that "Apple placed a phone call... which you missed" and so here's your written invitation to back up the missed call.

• Reply 38 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post

I hope it's a brand new model (larger screen). Otherwise this "Let's talk iPhone" will be a very short conversation.

Yep. I will just keep using my Samsung Focus running Mango and buy an iPad for my iOS needs. I NEED a 4 inch screen (old eyes). Nothing bigger, just 4 inches.

I guess we will see (excuse the pun).
  • Reply 39 of 73
    All the speculation has gotten a little out of hand. My guess is there will be one phone with a new design. My guess for the delay is they wanted to wait for iOS5 to be mature to release both in the same week. My guess is the 4 will be discounted for the entry level market. These seem to be reasonable assumptions that a majority share. People need to stop putting words in Apple's mouth. You'd think we had learned that from previous releases. We will know when we know..not a second before.
  • Reply 40 of 73
    Just because there is talk of one iPhone being introduced, doesn't mean it's the iPhone 4s.

Apple is testing the iPhone 5 in iPhone 4 like shells.

The iPhone 5 has a 4 inch screen, 8 mp camera, a5 chip and has a slightly tapered design.

There may or may not be a cheaper version of the iPhone 4 with less memory, but the iPhone 5 is certainly real.