Iphone 5 CAD drawings

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I used geometry from a number of cases (1, 2, 3, & 4). I also used Geometry from an image of a screen bezel. I used a CAD software to recreate each Item.

The bezel matches exactly the exterior dimensions of ALL of the cases including the Case Mate cases. I found this amazing that everything matched so well. I don't know if the bezel is the production bezel; however, the bezel would fit the cases.

The iPhone 5 will be thinner and will taper down from top to bottom.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    nice drawing

really liked it, hopefully the phone will have a similar look to this

would love a 4,5 inch screen
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Certainly hope not.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Certainly hope not.

I agree, i think with that dimensions, it ceases to be a iphone and starts to be an ipad.....
  • Reply 4 of 5
    This is the IPhone I hoped the 4S would be.

I love the large 4.5" screen. I like the thinness and teardrop shape, which seems like it'll be a trend that follows in in the slipstream of the latest MacBook Air. Overall, it looks light and handy.

But why release it when the iPhone 4 is still doing so well? The 4S is a respectable bump, but this new design is the next generation.

I am keeping with my IPhone 4 for the time being. Should this or something like this come along in a year's time, I'll be sure to get it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    I agree that the dimensions are too big. I keep my iPhone in my pocket, and something that large would make it less comfortable to carry.

But, those are very nice drawings. You should have sent them to a rumor site and made the front page. Who knows, an analyst might even have quoted you.