Foxconn may produce Amazon 10.1" tablet after having passed on Kindle Fire

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 38
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 22 of 38
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,405member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgreco View Post


    You are surely high.



    "The number one problem is that there are far to many Democrats in office that don't understand business, economics or responsibility. They strive to create a Utopia, for themselves, built on the backs of American workers and the factories that employ them. "



    Um excuse me but its republicans who want to do away with unions, minimum wage, health and safety regulations and government oversight so, as sane people see it, its the republicans who want to get rich on the backs of the workers in those factories.



    "You also need to blunt the liberal element that expects government to do everything for them. This country has been living on borrowed money for far to long wasting billions(trillions) on social programs that do nothing"



    I notice you don't mention the corporate welfare like billion dollar oil subsidies for oil corps that are making record profits, nor do you consider the bloated defense budget wasteful as we produce guns that shoot around corners and outfit the ENTIRE navy with laser beam guns.



    I would think you live in a fantasy world, a house of cards built for you by numbskulls like Glenn Beck -but I know the truth is probably that you're just a liar who thinks they snow people into backing your sick, twisted far right movement to strip all that makes America America away. YOU go work in the sweatshops and make sure YOUR children have no proper education -leave the rest of us alone.



    While I agree with you, I'd just put the moron on your ignore list, it's not worth wasting energy replying to such utter rubbish. Plus this is one of the few blogs that hasn't descended in to extremist political rhetoric. I for one would like to keep it that way and would prefer it if mods removed such posts as this guy's and warned the posters.
  • Reply 23 of 38
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 24 of 38
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,405member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post


    +1



    The moderators generally do a good job here of moving political posts to the appropriate section, but we can help by exercising a little restraint.



    Yes I agree they must do a good job considering how little political hate gets on this blog, hats off to the mods for that.
  • Reply 25 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post


    What is up with American companies outsourcing products to communist China?



    Why cant they have production in the US?



    That is unpatriotic.



    The same goes for Apple as well.



    Probably because you (and me) aren't willing to pay twice as much for our products.
  • Reply 26 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post


    What is up with American companies outsourcing products to communist China?



    China has changed a lot in the last 3 decades. On the surface, you would still call it communist. Underneath, it's no more communist.
  • Reply 27 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgreco View Post


    You are surely high.



    "The number one problem is that there are far to many Democrats in office that don't understand business, economics or responsibility. They strive to create a Utopia, for themselves, built on the backs of American workers and the factories that employ them. "



    Um excuse me but its republicans who want to do away with unions, minimum wage, health and safety regulations and government oversight so, as sane people see it, its the republicans who want to get rich on the backs of the workers in those factories.



    "You also need to blunt the liberal element that expects government to do everything for them. This country has been living on borrowed money for far to long wasting billions(trillions) on social programs that do nothing"



    I notice you don't mention the corporate welfare like billion dollar oil subsidies for oil corps that are making record profits, nor do you consider the bloated defense budget wasteful as we produce guns that shoot around corners and outfit the ENTIRE navy with laser beam guns.



    I would think you live in a fantasy world, a house of cards built for you by numbskulls like Glenn Beck -but I know the truth is probably that you're just a liar who thinks they snow people into backing your sick, twisted far right movement to strip all that makes America America away. YOU go work in the sweatshops and make sure YOUR children have no proper education -leave the rest of us alone.



    WOW! My BS meter just pegged.
  • Reply 28 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgreco View Post


    You are surely high.



    "The number one problem is that there are far to many Democrats in office that don't understand business, economics or responsibility. They strive to create a Utopia, for themselves, built on the backs of American workers and the factories that employ them. "



    Um excuse me but its republicans who want to do away with unions, minimum wage, health and safety regulations and government oversight so, as sane people see it, its the republicans who want to get rich on the backs of the workers in those factories.



    "You also need to blunt the liberal element that expects government to do everything for them. This country has been living on borrowed money for far to long wasting billions(trillions) on social programs that do nothing"



    I notice you don't mention the corporate welfare like billion dollar oil subsidies for oil corps that are making record profits, nor do you consider the bloated defense budget wasteful as we produce guns that shoot around corners and outfit the ENTIRE navy with laser beam guns.



    I would think you live in a fantasy world, a house of cards built for you by numbskulls like Glenn Beck -but I know the truth is probably that you're just a liar who thinks they snow people into backing your sick, twisted far right movement to strip all that makes America America away. YOU go work in the sweatshops and make sure YOUR children have no proper education -leave the rest of us alone.









    What is even more pathetic than his ignorance of facts is his inconsistency.



    For example, as a matter of fact, the US is the largest manufacturing economy in the world. China is second, and growing fast, but nevertheless, we manufacture more stuff here than any other country in the entire world.



    Not only that, but he blames Democrats, while also saying that we lost to asia in the early 70's - when Nixon was in power.



    He is neither informed nor consistent.
  • Reply 29 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wovel View Post


    Assembly of small devices is very labor intensive, it is not practical for anyone to do it in the US.



    Facts can be your friends or your enemy, depending on how you treat them...





    Manufacturing Surprise: The U.S. Still Leads In Making Things



    http://moneywatch.bnet.com/economic-...g-things/2134/





    China manufacturing eases for 3rd month, prices up



    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...78T12020110930
  • Reply 30 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


    Others, however, have hailed the device as an "iPad killer" that will undercut Apple's tablet on price.



    Insanity (I don't need to rehash the definition here) - They all said no one would buy an iPod for $499. They all said no one would buy an iPhone for $499, and they all said no one would buy a iPad for $499. Yet at each step of the way, Apple always struggles to make enough product to keep up with demand, while knock-offs and also-rans flood the market. Where are they now? Zune was a joke on a sitcom last week. Even on the desktop and laptop, which today are still 2-4 times more expensive than the cheapest PCs, are selling better and better.



    I think competition in the space is great. I think there's always room for improvement which competition encourages. But if it weren't for Apple and their ongoing innovation and large R&D budget, the also-rans wouldn't have a clue where to start, because they'd have no one to copy.
  • Reply 31 of 38
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,405member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post


    What is even more pathetic than his ignorance of facts is his inconsistency.



    For example, as a matter of fact, the US is the largest manufacturing economy in the world. China is second, and growing fast, but nevertheless, we manufacture more stuff here than any other country in the entire world.



    Not only that, but he blames Democrats, while also saying that we lost to asia in the early 70's - when Nixon was in power.



    He is neither informed nor consistent.



    Sadly that is par for their course isn't it? It's what comes from single source information intake. I just think we should as regular members agree to ignore the political taunts from extremists here and simply report them as spam / inappropriate immediately.
  • Reply 32 of 38
    As others have stated, I hope the Kindle succeeds. I love my iPad, and have used various flavors of Android tablets with mixed results. For sheer reading enjoyment, the eInk Kindles and/or Nooks are a far better way for reading (IMHO). Let's see how the Fire does with its LCD screen -- the size is actually good for reading ... but reading books only. Trying to read magazines or do other table-centric tasks will prove to be a challenge - just like the Nook Color is ...
  • Reply 33 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    There is nothing communist about China besides the word "Communist" in "Communist Party". The political system in China is much closer to fascism than communism.



    In fact, it's an oligarchy of the members of the 'Communist' Party.
  • Reply 34 of 38
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    The Kindle Blaze.
  • Reply 35 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    There is nothing communist about China besides the word "Communist" in "Communist Party". The political system in China is much closer to fascism than communism.



    So were pretty much all the communsit countries that ever existed. Ironically coimmunism when implemented, turns in to fascism quite rapidly.



    Anyway, back to the topic, I like amazon, I shop there a lot, though I don't own a kindle....I'd be curious to see what they come up with, but I'm sure a 10 inch tablet that's not severely under-powered cannot be much cheaper than $499. Of course they will eat some costs so they can make it up with product sales, but if people really want to order stuff from amazon they can do it from other tablets or desktops. On the media/entertainment front.... Well maybe, but I like the fact I can store a bunch of movies to my iPad so I can watch them on long flights or commutes, but also I can AirPlay them to the ATV. We shall see
  • Reply 36 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


    After passing on orders for the new Kindle Fire from Amazon, Foxconn Electronics is believed to have won the contract to produce the Internet retailer's rumored 10.1-inch tablet and could begin shipping the device from factories by the end of the year, according to a new report.






    Putting two and two together, it looks like Foxconn is borking Apple big time.



    They failed in their attempt to move iPad production to Brazil. Given that production was to have hit store shelves soon, it is reasonable to assume that iPads will have a lower supply than otherwise. Otherwise, one would have to assume that they would be making more than Apple could sell, which is not the type of supply-chain management has made Apple legendary.



    At the same time, they are going to make Amazon's direct competitor tablet which will come out soon. Where will it be built? Perhaps in the Chinese factory that used to produce iPads?



    "According to DigiTimes, citing anonymous sources, the e-commerce giant is planning to tap Taiwan-based Foxconn Electronics to start producing its rumored 10.1-inch tablet. Foxconn is expected to start shipping the tablet before the end of the year to meet "holiday season demand," DigiTimes' sources say."



    So Foxconn is shorting Apple on iPads, just before Christmas, and instead, making tablet for Amazon in time for Christmas.



    I think we might soon want to add the FoxCommunists to our enemies list.



    Amazon is the newest one, joining such companies as Microsoft, Adobe, Dell, Google, and Samsung. If the FoxcCommunists think they can make more money from Amazon then from Apple, then let them starve. Starve to death! Just like Adobe!



    That is what happens when you piss off Steve. But some people never learn.
  • Reply 37 of 38
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,721member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post


    What is up with American companies outsourcing products to communist China?



    Why cant they have production in the US?



    That is unpatriotic.



    The same goes for Apple as well.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgreco View Post


    You are surely high.



    "The number one problem is that there are far to many Democrats in office that don't understand business, economics or responsibility. They strive to create a Utopia, for themselves, built on the backs of American workers and the factories that employ them. "



    Um excuse me but its republicans who want to do away with unions, minimum wage, health and safety regulations and government oversight so, as sane people see it, its the republicans who want to get rich on the backs of the workers in those factories.



    Which are some of the things that don't allow products to be built here anymore. Hello?



    Quote:



    "You also need to blunt the liberal element that expects government to do everything for them. This country has been living on borrowed money for far to long wasting billions(trillions) on social programs that do nothing"



    I notice you don't mention the corporate welfare like billion dollar oil subsidies for oil corps that are making record profits, nor do you consider the bloated defense budget wasteful as we produce guns that shoot around corners and outfit the ENTIRE navy with laser beam guns.



    So because he doesn't mention it, he supports it? What defense programs would you cut? You realize that it's one of the only things our government does that's actually constitutional?



    Quote:



    I would think you live in a fantasy world, a house of cards built for you by numbskulls like Glenn Beck -but I know the truth is probably that you're just a liar who thinks they snow people into backing your sick, twisted far right movement to strip all that makes America America away. YOU go work in the sweatshops and make sure YOUR children have no proper education -leave the rest of us alone.



    That's a personal attack, and not allowed here. It's also rather uncalled for, because you don't know the person with which you're dealing. His points about manufacturing and many Democrats not understanding business are spot on. This party has demonstrated its ignorance time and time again in economic matters. We're seeing it again with a President who embraces class warfare. Democrats seem to always view economics as static. That is, they ignore the "what next?" question. Taxing a business more affects it's behavior. Soaking the rich causes them to try to hide more of their money. Limiting bank fees leads to new bank fees no one considered.. The basic truth here is that producers and earners are not just going to "sit back and pay." It's never worked that way, and it never will.
  • Reply 38 of 38
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post


    Putting two and two together, it looks like Foxconn is borking Apple big time.



    They failed in their attempt to move iPad production to Brazil. Given that production was to have hit store shelves soon, it is reasonable to assume that iPads will have a lower supply than otherwise. Otherwise, one would have to assume that they would be making more than Apple could sell, which is not the type of supply-chain management has made Apple legendary.



    At the same time, they are going to make Amazon's direct competitor tablet which will come out soon. Where will it be built? Perhaps in the Chinese factory that used to produce iPads?



    "According to DigiTimes, citing anonymous sources, the e-commerce giant is planning to tap Taiwan-based Foxconn Electronics to start producing its rumored 10.1-inch tablet. Foxconn is expected to start shipping the tablet before the end of the year to meet "holiday season demand," DigiTimes' sources say."



    So Foxconn is shorting Apple on iPads, just before Christmas, and instead, making tablet for Amazon in time for Christmas.



    I think we might soon want to add the FoxCommunists to our enemies list.



    Amazon is the newest one, joining such companies as Microsoft, Adobe, Dell, Google, and Samsung. If the FoxcCommunists think they can make more money from Amazon then from Apple, then let them starve. Starve to death! Just like Adobe!



    That is what happens when you piss off Steve. But some people never learn.





    Are you high? You sound like a very bitter man.
Sign In or Register to comment.