Consumer Advice for Ipad2

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
This may be the wrong place to ask for advice but I am giving it a shot. I can't imagine the number of times people ask this same question. My apologies. Since I am currently at zero-income (college student) and I need optimal functionality out of my technology I am looking into giving up my Iphone 4 to fund the purchase of an ipad2. I have done SOME research myself but I know I am probably over looking a lot of things. Hopefully some here at AppleInsider might have some Pro's and Con's to this switch. Without the iphone I will have no other cellular device or phone to use. So hopefully the 3G capabilities of the ipad will be able to make up for this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    The first thing that jumps to mind is the fact that you would be without a cell phone if you made the switch. However, you could probably pick up a cheap Nokia to substitute. Obviously, you won't have MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) or anything fancy with your phone but I feel that the iPad can do a lot of that stuff anyway.

I too am a student and I must say that to have an iPad to take notes on is a real pleasure. I can imagine it would be much easier to type on than an iPhone.

Obviously at the end of the day mate, it's all up to you, but personally, if you are willing to give up a fancy cell phone for a very good tablet, then I would do it. But only if you can get some cheap substitue, if you cannot, then I would most certainly not give up a cell phone.

Hope this helps a little man. It's a tough question, because, although the iPhone and iPad run the same OS, they are meant for different things.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shenanigans666 View Post

This may be the wrong place to ask for advice but I am giving it a shot. I can't imagine the number of times people ask this same question. My apologies. Since I am currently at zero-income (college student) and I need optimal functionality out of my technology I am looking into giving up my Iphone 4 to fund the purchase of an ipad2. I have done SOME research myself but I know I am probably over looking a lot of things. Hopefully some here at AppleInsider might have some Pro's and Con's to this switch. Without the iphone I will have no other cellular device or phone to use. So hopefully the 3G capabilities of the ipad will be able to make up for this.

If it were my choice, the iPad would be viable if you complemented it with a basic phone and a voice-only cell plan.