Factory unlocked iPhone 4's price after new ones announcement?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hello there.

I'm waiting for the october 4th event to buy the future old version of the iPhone. As i'm not from USA i'll have to buy the factory unlocked version and i've some doubts.

Will Apple announce the iPhone 4 new price at the same time of iPhone 5 price announcement?

How much do you think a factory unlocked 16GB iPhone 4 will cost when the iPhone 5 come out?

And what about for a just no-contract version?

Sorry for my bad english and thank you for attention.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

the iPhone 4 new price

Who says it will have one? Who says they'll keep selling unlocked iPhone 4s at all?

Quote:

How much do you think a factory unlocked 16GB iPhone 4 will cost when the iPhone 5 come out?

We can't guess because we can't know. Again, Apple might not sell the iPhone 4 unlocked once the iPhone 5 is released.

Quote:

Sorry for my bad english

Your typed English is better than that of many native speakers. Thank YOU for being so well educated.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Who says it will have one? Who says they'll keep selling unlocked iPhone 4s at all?

Your typed English is better than that of many native speakers. Thank YOU for being so well educated.

If they kept selling the lefting units would them decrease it's price?

I'm glad i'm improving my english everyday. Thanks for the attention and for being well educated too.

Greetings
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaniloGouveia View Post

If they kept selling the lefting units would them decrease it's price?

Yes, I can imagine the unlocked iPhone 4 will be cheaper if Apple decides to keep selling it after they release the iPhone 5.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Guess...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Assuming that Apple continues selling unlocked iPhones after the iPhone 5 event on Tuesday -- and I certainly hope so -- the price of an unlocked iPhone will likely go down. However, the price for an unlocked phone, whether it is the old iPhone 4 or the new iPhone 4S/5, will likely still be astronomically high compared to the price for a a locked iPhone subsidized by a carrier with the (anticipated) revenue from a 2-year contract.

After breaking my 1st generation iPhone, I am back to primitive Motorola and Nokia phones. I have (GSM) SIM cards for carriers on three continents, which I would like to continue using. So unless an unlocked version of the iPhone continues to be available, I will likely keep my iPod touch -- essentially an iPhone without the phone app -- and cheap GSM phones that work with the frequencies of each carrier where I travel.

With all of that said, my intimate hope is that the new iPhone will be a dual-mode phone that supports both CDMA (Verizon and Sprint in US) and quad-band GSM (T-Mobile and At&T in US, pretty much every other global carrier outside Japan and Korea) in one device. That would be truly brilliant!