deleted
  • Reply 42 of 59
    avidfcpavidfcp Posts: 381member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"So? let's talk Flash."

?

"Um? it's? nice?"

Hey it does work good and their are other technology items out there. That said, I just recently returned from Maine, New Hampshire and a week in Boston for a little more than 2 weeks. Anyway, android phones are eveyehere. TV streaming, flash so the nets 100% although a lot of site are offering both flash and QuickTime. Of you look, and not to hard, it's always been about Jobs being paranoid about gaming and apps. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Anyway, if The new phone is not 4g I might switch. Been using iPhone for years but 4G is much much faster, like wifi, or so it seems and there was just an article that showed iPhone sales at 28%, Android 58% and even the windows phones arre selling. If they had any smarts they would combine win 7 with mobile but I see google with all it free calendar, synch really making headway. Why else do we think that .mac is going to be free???

It's going to come down to speed and plans in the long run and Android is really starting to look good. I just hope the new iPhone is 4G.

Peace.
  • Reply 43 of 59
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Avidfcp View Post

Hey it does work good and their are other technology items out there. That said, I just recently returned from Maine, New Hampshire and a week in Boston for a little more than 2 weeks. Anyway, android phones are eveyehere. TV streaming, flash so the nets 100% although a lot of site are offering both flash and QuickTime. Of you look, and not to hard, it's always been about Jobs being paranoid about gaming and apps. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Anyway, if The new phone is not 4g I might switch. Been using iPhone for years but 4G is much much faster, like wifi, or so it seems and there was just an article that showed iPhone sales at 28%, Android 58% and even the windows phones arre selling. If they had any smarts they would combine win 7 with mobile but I see google with all it free calendar, synch really making headway. Why else do we think that .mac is going to be free???

It's going to come down to speed and plans in the long run and Android is really starting to look good. I just hope the new iPhone is 4G.

Peace.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. You have the arrogance to capitalize do your research while berating someone else, but it's you that is clueless.

Paranoid about gaming and apps? That's utterly ridiculous. It has always and will always be about terrible performance of Flash on OS X. It's always been about not having plugins in Safari for iOS, period. DO Your ReSeaRcH.

Your numbers re: iPhone and Android don't exist, nor do you even present that in a coherent sentence. What is that supposed to mean? You're supposed to get an Android phone now because you think they sell more? Android has barely 51% of MOBILE OS market share, and its on hundreds of different devices from different manufacturers. Apple's handful of devices continue to take chunks out of available market share as iOS becomes wider and wider spread.

As its been for 5 years, there is the iPhone, and there is everything else. These days, "everything else" comes out to a ton of completely different varieties of mobile phone...all running some unique and borked version of Android.

Personally I don't know anyone that has used an iPhone could use an Android phone for more than 2 minutes without deciding it was a piece of junk (because they all are exactly that).

4G or not, the iPhone is the entire ballgame. But yes, the iPhone 5 will have "4G"...in the sense that will run on AT&T's fastest 3G network re-branded as 4G, capable of 21 Mbps, resulting in 10 Mbps real-world speeds.
  • Reply 44 of 59
    diddydiddy Posts: 282member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Not even an issue.

Adobe's conference is at the LA Convention Center. Apple only uses SF Bay Area venues for their major events.

Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco (where the Oracle conference is being held) is only used for Apple's WWDC. For larger press events, they use the nearby Yerba Buena Center's theatre. For smaller press events, they use their town hall facility on their own campus in Cupertino, down the Peninsula..

My comment was kinda sarcastic. Even if Apple knew about the event, it had nothing to do with their decision making as I pointed out - they are not even related.
  • Reply 45 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peppermonkey View Post

Yup, pretty much.

Either AI haven't done their homework or they are just trying to create controversy out of...well, nothing.

Considering it only takes a 5 sec Google search to find out the truth, it's probably the latter.

DING DING DING we have a winner!
  • Reply 46 of 59
    ezduzitezduzit Posts: 158member
    after reading all the negative posts about how lousy apple is and how great android is, if i was apple i would run down to the court house and try to get in front of eastman kodak on the bankruptcy line.
  • Reply 47 of 59
    Ok...I need to make sure I tune into Adobe's event. Apple who?
  • Reply 48 of 59
    Quote:

Umm, and how many people use VIM compared to DW to create websites? .

+1 for VI

.. but i'm probably the only one ..
  • Reply 49 of 59
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    I'm trying to use only Pixelmator. Whats wrong with Pixelmator? Is there a similar product to replace DW with that I could try? I need a quick WYSIWYG.
  • Reply 50 of 59
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:

I'm not saying DW is any good, just that it's a success.

So Windows Vista was a 'success' by those standards. The Zune was a 'success' by those standards.

And if I was stranded on a desert island with nothing but a computer with satellite Internet and Dreamweaver to get my message out, I would tear the computer apart and spell 'HELP' with its parts.
  • Reply 51 of 59
    Adobe was purged from my system this summer. Missed the fonts for a while but grabbed a font creating app last week (Fontographer, on the App Store) and had a personal font ready to go in a matter of hours (yep, with bold, light and slanted). Have since made a couple of handwritten fonts and am happier with them than the lot of Adobe fonts. The app is a pretty penny, but worth it as I can get exactly the look and feel I'm after; just wish they would improve the UI.

For my Illustrator needs, I held off for a while and was rewarded with iDraw for Mac; there is an iPad version, too. iDraw automatically comes up as full screen (Snow Leopard here) which I like. Don't work with the web so I don't know if it has the capabilities for that stuff (yet; it is still rather new). Tried Pixelmator some time ago and for reasons I can't remember didn't like it and have never given it another look, despite it's having been updated rather nicely it seems.
  • Reply 52 of 59
    I think people are thinking too small. iPhone5 is just a hardware upgrade. Ultimately, a yawn.

Apple buys Adobe. Apple saw the talks between Adobe and Microsoft last year and probably did not like the strategic implications. Adobe is vulnerable. Adobe will be bought and the question is just when and who. Easier to bring Adobe into Apple where there is at least some similar creative DNA. Adobe has been stagnant for awhile and is under threat on numerous fronts and with limited resources to expand outside its niche. Jobs leaving removes one of the key personality blocks and makes for interesting exec opportunities at Adobe... Apple has a good history with Adobe and the Flash thing was a distraction. Apple was right and Adobe is now fighting a rearguard action vis-a-vis HTML5.

It makes good strategic sense for both companies. It would be unexpected and yet makes total sense if you really think about it.

Apple had the announcement in their theatre because then they could control the timing with Adobe who was already committed to the MAX conference. The events are synced because Cook and Lynch will jointly announce One More Thing that will really mark the beginning of Apple's post-Jobs era...

What will Apple offer? I thunk a nice simple round number of $40/share...

This is my .02 contribution.... Pay me later... LOL
  • Reply 53 of 59
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

And if I was stranded on a desert island with nothing but a computer with satellite Internet and Dreamweaver to get my message out, I would tear the computer apart and spell 'HELP' with its parts.

If we could only be so lucky.
  • Reply 54 of 59
    Apple should just buy out adobe and rim and put them both out of thier misery. That would certainly shake up the techno world. And apple can have rims private BBM service. (the only good thing about a blackberry.) With out flash the world would be a better place and I would not hear the stupid flash song by queen anymore!
  • Reply 55 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Adobe will also hold a keynote, entitled "Creativity unleashed," on Monday. The event will feature Adobe CTO Kevin Lynch as he showcases how the company is "transforming the creative process across mobile devices, personal computers, and the cloud.

Ah Adobe is finally catching up to 2011. Thank for your bloatware! I am sure it will be an overpriced compiler with extra junk code shoehorned into a pathetic proprietary file. That's business as usual for Adobe.

Quote:

It is not immediately clear which company first chose their respective keynotes, though Apple only sent out invitations for its event on Tuesday of this week. However, Adobe is not expected to make any major product announcements at the event, as it would likely be eclipsed by Apple's news.

UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR!

If it wasn't for graphic/illustrator designers and video editors that rely on After Effects, adobe would have disappeared by now. Premiere is a pile of shit, only reason people edit with that is because their boss is too stupid or too cheap to buy a Mac Pro.
  • Reply 56 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Way to make sure you get no media attention, Adobe. What company in their right mind would try to steal Apple's thunder on their day? That doesn't happen. Idiotic move if this was Adobe's intent, unless they plan to announce a time machine or something of equal magnitude.

since when has Adobe made a smart move, their smart moves ending after the Macromedia acquisition...
  • Reply 57 of 59
    Quote:

I literally lol'd
  • Reply 58 of 59
    z3r0z3r0 Posts: 238member
    PS I understand. DW I'm not a fan off (slow , clunky UI etc...)

I stick to a combination of Coda, TextMate or Komodo IDE for code. Only thing DW has is that handy is that while in split design/code mode you can click on a page element, image, block, text etc... and it jumps to the code. Other then that its bloated and inserts funky code.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Much as people express their dislike for Adobe's dev tools I ha e never been able to do without DW and PS. They are both hugely overpriced and have become total overkill I that I use less and less of their features, but I still need them frequently. Specially PS. Never found a usable alternative.

• Reply 59 of 59
    Wow, what a misleading article. Anyone who's ever been to MAX knows they announce the dates a year in advance -- during previous year's conference. Here's proof: you can see that this year's keynote dates were posted as long ago as 10/29/2010!

And to say "Adobe is not expected to make any major product announcements at the event" is just patently ridiculous. This is one of the biggest events Adobe holds each year, and like previous years it was full of major announcements. Two noteworthy acquisitions (PhoneGap and Typekit), a big shift in digital publishing prices, all the cloud / Photoshop Touch announcements, plus the awesome Unreal engine on Flash stuff.