New MBA

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post

One swallow doesn't make it summer.

But JUST ONE POST where you actually say something good about Apple WOULD make you less of a complete troll.

Quote:

FireWire… …had early adopters too. Who subsequently rued the fact.

Yeah, they're certainly ruing getting over a decade (and continuing) of use out of a port and their accessories they bought. I mean, every single person assumed that they'd get a century of use out of their computing hardware, that's for sure.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

But JUST ONE POST where you actually say something good about Apple WOULD make you less of a complete troll.

And JUST ONE POST where you actually say something un-biased about Apple WOULD make you less of a complete fanboi.

But I'll oblige you:

Imo, Apple offers the nicest hardware and the most intuitive UIs and software on the market.

(But IRL far from perfect, TBS, while Apple also screws its customers whenever it can get away with it. Just like any other big corporation. You don't get to be an 800-pound gorilla by playing nice).

OK, now it's your turn: say something seriously critical of Apple. Put your money where your big mouth is.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

And JUST ONE POST where you actually say something un-biased about Apple WOULD make you less of a complete fanboi.

But I'll oblige you:

Imo, Apple offers the nicest hardware and the most intuitive UIs and software on the market.

(But IRL far from perfect, TBS, while Apple also screws its customers whenever it can get away with it. Just like any other big corporation. You don't get to be an 800-pound gorilla by playing nice).

OK, now it's your turn: say something seriously critical of Apple. Put your money where your big mouth is.

If Apple screws it's customers why do you purchase there products? Does not make sense to me.
  • Reply 24 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

If Apple screws it's customers why do you purchase there products? Does not make sense to me.

He's a forum troll. Trolls exist to create arguments that don't exist, take the opinions of the minority, and to generally cause chaos. Once you've outed them, it's best not to indulge them.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    Quote:

Because the others, starting with Microshit and Google, but by no means exclusively, screw their customers too but have shittier products.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    Quote:

He's a forum troll. Trolls exist to create arguments that don't exist, take the opinions of the minority, and to generally cause chaos. Once you've outed them, it's best not to indulge them.

Thanks for the compliment. Beats a zombie fanboi!

You, OTOH, are a big yellow mouth without backbone.

You challenged me:

Quote:

I obliged:

Quote:

And guess what happened? For all the world to see here?

We record here for posterity that exactly nothing happened!

You chickened out (of course).

You've proven for all the world to see that you are just a big arrogant blabbermouth without substance. You can't bring yourself to state something, anything, seriously critical about Apple. You issue challenges but you are too chicken to step up to the plate yourself!

The mark of a true, critiqueless fanboi!

You fell into your own trap!
  • Reply 27 of 36
    Quote:

Thanks for the compliment. Beats a zombie fanboi!

Best part is, I've also been called an anti-Apple troll here and elsewhere. Because I DON'T agree with everything Apple says.

Small world.

Quote:

We record here for posterity that exactly nothing happened!

Sorry, was I supposed to do anything?

Quote:

You chickened out (of course).

From what?

Quote:

You can't bring yourself to state something, anything, seriously critical of Apple.

LowTide sucks balls. Seriously, it's wretched. Advertising and sales at its best. It's nothing but "BUY THIS FROM ITUNES." "SCREW YOUR CONTENT." They get rid of the internal hard drive and then have the gall to relegate our computer synching to a submenu off of the main one? I completely redesigned the Apple TV interface because of how much it sucks. The Magic Mouse is seriously lacking. Maybe it's because my hands are large, but I don't find it all that usable, hence why I also have a Magic Trackpad.

I hate how tiny the Mac Pro is. I hate how Apple will eventually kill it by making it even SMALLER and making everything once internally upgradable into a requisite for external Thunderbolt accessories. Eventually the Mac Pro will just be a tall Mac Mini. No ODDs (I'm fine with that), one internal HDD, no PCIe slots, just six Thunderbolt ports with the expectation we'll buy everything else separately.

The iMac ought to have its SSD place more accessible. A sliding tray (similar to the ones in the Mac Pro), perhaps. Obviously not hot swappable like the XServe's (I'll get to that), but at least available for users if they want the means to add an SSD or to add a little more regular HDD space with a standard 2.5" drive.

The XServe shouldn't have been killed. I understand and respect Apple's decision to do it because of a lack of sales, but wouldn't that suggest that redefining the server market would have been a more "Apple" course of action? Either by making OS X Server the single greatest piece of software in that field (would take some SERIOUS work) or by redefining server blades with some sort of innovation with the XServe. But what's done is done.

The Apple TV demands 1080p playback. Apple is so fricking stupid for limiting it now just because they don't sell 1080p content in iTunes. SCREW THAT, you guys. Let us watch our content that we already have the way we want to watch it. It's absolute nonsense and the primary reason I don't (and without it, will never) own an Apple TV or a television of my own. Once they do, absolutely I'll get one and play back my existing 1080p content rather than buy horribly-compressed, huge-file-size, terrible-quality 1080p iTunes movies (if their 720 stuff is any indicator), but until then…

The iPod Hi-Fi had great quality. It was twice as expensive as it needed to be. I never had one. Couldn't afford it then, still wouldn't buy one (at that price) now. Nonsense.

I liked the design of the third-gen iPod shuffle. The design. I would have used it as a tie clip. I still use my second-gen occasionally for a laugh. Forcing the controls to be on the headphones was the stupidest thing ever. It's Apple's most recent 'what were they thinking' moment.

And if Apple releases the next iPhone with a 3.7", 4", or larger screen, THAT will be their most recent 'what were they thinking' moment. I hate the idea with a passion. I don't care that I haven't seen it yet. I don't care that I haven't had my reality distorted by the Cooknote yet. You come back (not here, I won't remember this thread. Just put it in a recent and relevant one once it's out) and ask me after the release (if the screen's larger or the camera's 8MP or whatever else) what I think of it and I GUARANTEE you I will say the same thing. I hate the idea.

And I also don't see the point of the iPod nano in its current form factor getting a camcorder again. I mean WHAT THE HECK? Doesn't Apple know people use these as watches now? How is anyone going to HOLD such a small device to use it as a camcorder, much less be able to make a case that can let it use that feature while retaining its watch-like capabilities. I want the nano to have Bluetooth to interface with the iPhone as people have been saying. You get a call, the Caller ID shows up on the nano's screen. You get a text or PUSH notification, that shows up on the nano's screen. It's sitting on your wrist already, make use of it.

I won't even begin to talk about the puck mouse or any early post-Jobs' return stuff. All that early stuff is old hat and standard operating procedure for trolls.

Phew, that was cathartic.

Quote:

You issue challenges but you are too chicken to step up to the plate yourself!

Seriously, I have NO idea what your problem is here or what you're expecting. I said absolutely nothing about anything that I was going to "do" if you pretended to like something that Apple did. My record already speaks for itself on the part of me not being a fanboy. If you're too lazy to look it up, I retyped it right up there.

You, on the other hand, don't seem to have any reason for being here at all.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    ^^^ Rearguard action.

Quote:

That reason is to set the record straight everytime you bend it in mindless praise of your Lord SJ.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    Quote:

Best part is, I've also been called an anti-Apple troll here and elsewhere. Because I DON'T agree with everything Apple says.

Small world.

Sorry, was I supposed to do anything?

From what?

LowTide sucks balls. Seriously, it's wretched. Advertising and sales at its best. It's nothing but "BUY THIS FROM ITUNES." "SCREW YOUR CONTENT." They get rid of the internal hard drive and then have the gall to relegate our computer synching to a submenu off of the main one? I completely redesigned the Apple TV interface because of how much it sucks. The Magic Mouse is seriously lacking. Maybe it's because my hands are large, but I don't find it all that usable, hence why I also have a Magic Trackpad.

I hate how tiny the Mac Pro is. I hate how Apple will eventually kill it by making it even SMALLER and making everything once internally upgradable into a requisite for external Thunderbolt accessories. Eventually the Mac Pro will just be a tall Mac Mini. No ODDs (I'm fine with that), one internal HDD, no PCIe slots, just six Thunderbolt ports with the expectation we'll buy everything else separately.

The iMac ought to have its SSD place more accessible. A sliding tray (similar to the ones in the Mac Pro), perhaps. Obviously not hot swappable like the XServe's (I'll get to that), but at least available for users if they want the means to add an SSD or to add a little more regular HDD space with a standard 2.5" drive.

The XServe shouldn't have been killed. I understand and respect Apple's decision to do it because of a lack of sales, but wouldn't that suggest that redefining the server market would have been a more "Apple" course of action? Either by making OS X Server the single greatest piece of software in that field (would take some SERIOUS work) or by redefining server blades with some sort of innovation with the XServe. But what's done is done.

The Apple TV demands 1080p playback. Apple is so fricking stupid for limiting it now just because they don't sell 1080p content in iTunes. SCREW THAT, you guys. Let us watch our content that we already have the way we want to watch it. It's absolute nonsense and the primary reason I don't (and without it, will never) own an Apple TV or a television of my own. Once they do, absolutely I'll get one and play back my existing 1080p content rather than buy horribly-compressed, huge-file-size, terrible-quality 1080p iTunes movies (if their 720 stuff is any indicator), but until then?

The iPod Hi-Fi had great quality. It was twice as expensive as it needed to be. I never had one. Couldn't afford it then, still wouldn't buy one (at that price) now. Nonsense.

I liked the design of the third-gen iPod shuffle. The design. I would have used it as a tie clip. I still use my second-gen occasionally for a laugh. Forcing the controls to be on the headphones was the stupidest thing ever. It's Apple's most recent 'what were they thinking' moment.

And if Apple releases the next iPhone with a 3.7", 4", or larger screen, THAT will be their most recent 'what were they thinking' moment. I hate the idea with a passion. I don't care that I haven't seen it yet. I don't care that I haven't had my reality distorted by the Cooknote yet. You come back (not here, I won't remember this thread. Just put it in a recent and relevant one once it's out) and ask me after the release (if the screen's larger or the camera's 8MP or whatever else) what I think of it and I GUARANTEE you I will say the same thing. I hate the idea.

And I also don't see the point of the iPod nano in its current form factor getting a camcorder again. I mean WHAT THE HECK? Doesn't Apple know people use these as watches now? How is anyone going to HOLD such a small device to use it as a camcorder, much less be able to make a case that can let it use that feature while retaining its watch-like capabilities. I want the nano to have Bluetooth to interface with the iPhone as people have been saying. You get a call, the Caller ID shows up on the nano's screen. You get a text or PUSH notification, that shows up on the nano's screen. It's sitting on your wrist already, make use of it.

I won't even begin to talk about the puck mouse or any early post-Jobs' return stuff. All that early stuff is old hat and standard operating procedure for trolls.

Phew, that was cathartic.

Seriously, I have NO idea what your problem is here or what you're expecting. I said absolutely nothing about anything that I was going to "do" if you pretended to like something that Apple did. My record already speaks for itself on the part of me not being a fanboy. If you're too lazy to look it up, I retyped it right up there.

It sounds truthfully you are not content with yourself with all these hate you have posted here.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    Quote:

I retyped it right up there.

Oops!

Another fib.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Apple sells a USB - LAN adaptor so if you can buy one if you need one. Just like the USB External superdrive, its there as an option.

Personally, I think Apple should stick a USB - LAN adaptor in with the MBA but, its only £20 so no biggy.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Apple sells a USB - LAN adaptor so if you can buy one if you need one. Just like the USB External superdrive, its there as an option.

Personally, I think Apple should stick a USB - LAN adaptor in with the MBA but, its only £20 so no biggy.

Thanks for that information.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:

When Apple designed the new MBP recently don't you think they should have included an Ethernet Connection to ? Thanks marv

same reason there is no ethernet connector on the iPhone and iPad. 99.9% of the time you will not need one. Its designed to be portable and wireless, all around.
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snova View Post

same reason there is no ethernet connector on the iPhone and iPad. 99.9% of the time you will not need one. Its designed to be portable and wireless, all around.

Wireless is not that great. The connection you can lose a lot.
  • Reply 35 of 36
    gyorpbgyorpb Posts: 93member
    Clearly, the MacBook Air isn't the computer for you, then.

.tsooJ
  • Reply 36 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gyorpb View Post

Clearly, the MacBook Air isn't the computer for you, then.

.tsooJ

I will stick with the 13 inch MBP with an Ethernet connection.