Report reaffirms Apple's iPhone 5 won't feature 4G LTE or WiMAX

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

And as a person who cares about battery life and the bulkiness of the handset, I'm thrilled too.

As a person who's had to keep charging every iPhone ever owned all day long regardless I could care less.
  • Reply 42 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

As a person who won't live in an area with LTE until late, LATE 2014, I'm thrilled.

Have fun with that. I have LTE speeds today on an iPad and MacBook Air.
  • Reply 43 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And in two years when phones that can be used for more than two hours on LTE come out, you'll think yourself a fool for desiring one now.

I don't understand these statements. I have a phone with LTE, that surely does last over 24 hours. If I need to go longer, I can just replace the battery or plug it in.
  • Reply 44 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBRSTREETG View Post

Have fun with that. I have LTE speeds today on an iPad and MacBook Air.

And I don't care about paying $50 a month for 5GB, nor do I care at all about having Internet access absolutely everywhere I am. To each his own.
  • Reply 45 of 63
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bryanl View Post

I don't understand these statements. I have a phone with LTE.....

Why would you? You've entered another dimension- now shut up, buy an iPhone and get with the program!
  • Reply 46 of 63
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

Umm, any camera phone with a built in flash?

A flash is a secondary feature to a secondary feature. Download capability is a defining aspect of a central feature.

Without fast downloads, a "smart"phone is, well, kind of like your friend's "slow" girlfriend. Pretty? Yes. Charming? Maybe, but boring in the long run.
  • Reply 47 of 63
    oc4theooc4theo Posts: 294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shen View Post

As an American, I will have you know that the world stops existing at our border. Except for the occasional rift in space/time that creates a small oil rich country for us to use as bombing practice. Spread your "international" lies elsewhere.

I will have to categorically say that, as an American, you're a disgrace to our society. If the world stops existing at your border, where was the computer you are using to write your nonsense come from. You should be ashamed of your stupidity.

And for your bombing practice, I am sure idiots like you don't even volunteer to join the military.
  • Reply 48 of 63
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:

I don't understand these statements. I have a phone with LTE, that surely does last over 24 hours. If I need to go longer, I can just replace the battery or plug it in.

I have a phone with LTE also but it doesn't keep it's charge for more than 2-3 hours when using the LTE capability.
  • Reply 49 of 63
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Without fast downloads, a "smart"phone is, well, kind of like your friend's "slow" nephew. Charming, maybe, but boring in the long run.

We are not getting anywhere close to the advertised speed right now over 3G and it is not because the handset is slow. When LTE is available I don't expect much of a speed increase then. Unless they can construct more cell towers and increase the back end bandwidth by a factor of 100, we will be right where we are today. More mobile devices and more usage time on ever more crowded towers means 4G is just an advertising buzz word with no real improvement in usability. Fortunately I don't need much bandwidth on my phone, but it would be nice for my MBP and iPad.
  • Reply 50 of 63
    Quote:

Reality is not important. What is important is to tell oneself that the grapes are sour, and to believe it.
  • Reply 51 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

I will have to categorically say that, as an American, you're a disgrace to our society. If the world stops existing at your border, where was the computer you are using to write your nonsense come from. You should be ashamed of your stupidity.

And for your bombing practice, I am sure idiots like you don't even volunteer to join the military.

He was joking..I'm almost certain. At least I thought it was funny.
  • Reply 52 of 63
    If accurate, I'm not going to lose sleep over this. Until LTE can be handled without butchering battery life I'd rather hold off. Function of the phone is more important and faster/greater internals will help to support faster speeds for basic browsing. Would be nice if Apple found a way to make it work, though. It also makes some sense from a production standpoint to consider how prolific LTE is across the world for a phone marketed across the world.

Guess we'll see quite soon.

Edit: I've seen some folks commenting on how their LTE handset somehow gets marvelous battery life. I know numerous people with LTE handsets and the only time they get decent battery life is when they're not making much use of the LTE network. I guess we generally want the things we have to be great and want the things we don't have to be poor.
  • Reply 53 of 63
    off topic, but the Live Coverage page has two big-a** vertical banner ads on each side, "Get cash for your iPhone"
  • Reply 54 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranReloaded View Post

off topic, but the Live Coverage page has two big-a** vertical banner ads on each side, "Get cash for your iPhone"

I have two horizontal ones saying "We buy loved iPhones"

Talk about a big business..
  • Reply 55 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

I have two horizontal ones saying "We buy loved iPhones"

Talk about a big business..

I've got that too, on the top.
  • Reply 56 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Just ignore it and they will not commect like that anymore.......

I'm capable of ignoring obvious trolls but I don't want to have to combat wave after wave of anti android disinformation and half truths being an Android fan.
  • Reply 57 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

Umm, any camera phone with a built in flash?

No, Steve hates Flash, says it drains the battery. Plus, you end up with that unflattering "deer in the headlights" look when you use it.

Friends don't let friends use Flash.

• Reply 58 of 63
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

I'm capable of ignoring obvious trolls but I don't want to have to combat wave after wave of anti android disinformation and half truths being an Android fan.

Yep...I am with you on that....just look at my sig....
  • Reply 59 of 63
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranReloaded View Post

I have four different "live" coverage pages side by side to see which one will be the best. (nice to have 30" Cinema)

I found this list of different sites

http://newyork.ibtimes.com/articles/...lease-date.htm
  • Reply 60 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I have four different "live" coverage pages side by side to see which one will be the best. (nice to have 30" Cinema)

27" is big enough for the vast majority of users.