Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

http://www.apple.com/jp/retail/ginza/

and Oct 14 for Japan, which has usually had the same date as the US.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    strategy for purchase????

buy from apple

work deal at telco

buy from telco and get on their "preorder" list
  • Reply 3 of 6
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Seems to be identical form factor as the 4:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/04/ap...the-iphone-4s/
  • Reply 4 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Fuck me I am so disappointed. I cannot believe this. This is a tragic day. Over a year and a half and we get 4S? I would insert a rage comic face but that does not even begin to sum up my disappointment.

Ah, the end of an era. Ah well, still got a year to go on my 2 year iPhone 4 contract, although the warranty only covers the first year. We'll see how it goes.

But this is sad. And the keynote so far was 100% rehash of what we know.

And no new form factor for nano and touch? Wow.

I apologise for the emotional response but I am blown. Not in a good way.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Fuck me I am so disappointed. I cannot believe this. This is a tragic day. Over a year and a half and we get 4S? I would insert a rage comic face but that does not even begin to sum up my disappointment.

Ah, the end of an era. Ah well, still got a year to go on my 2 year iPhone 4 contract, although the warranty only covers the first year. We'll see how it goes.

i agree. almost an utter disappointment in the iphone department. they could have at least made an attempt to improve the esthetics of the 4s to separate it further from the 4. i remember reading a rumor about an aluminum backplate that had a tapered edge and subtle curve similar to the ipad2.

i do like the looks of ios5 and think it is a proper update.

the subtle upgrade to the nano and lower price point was nice too.

not a homerun for apples 1st event post jobs era, not a whiff either. definitely a letdown and they are taking a beating on local and national news. if they are going to treat an event with such secrecy that will have nothing top-secret-worthy, they should make it known in advance to some degree. last weeks invite should have said "lets talk ios5" and publicly said "no iphone5 ready yet but wait til you see whats coming"
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Pulease .......there are children here. Get a hold of yourself.