NFL Nth week highlights

Comments

• Reply 21 of 67
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>

Check out Ricky's lame homepage: <a href="http://www.runrickyrun.com"; target="_blank">http://www.runrickyrun.com</a></strong><hr></blockquote>;

WHAT THE HELL? Is that really his personal page? Does he maintain it himself? WHADDA.
  • Reply 22 of 67
    My Niners didn't really look that good against the Jints but at least they won. They had a lot of trouble in the red zone. The passing game was spotty. Not really worried about that, though. Garcia and Owens will be just fine. The running game looked pretty good. I like Barlow more and more and Hearst's TD showed once again what a great back he is.

The Pats looked very good. They aren't really my team but I did root for them in the SuperBowl. Maybe now they'll start getting the respect they deserve.

[ 09-10-2002: Message edited by: spaceman_spiff ]</p>
  • Reply 23 of 67
    IIRC, Jabbar had a decent first season under Jimmy Johnson, rushing somewhere around the thousand yard mark. It was after that when he started sucking.

Kudos to Robert Edwards, who not only won a spot with Miami, but scored 2 touchdowns in his first game back from dislocating his knee in that beach game in Hawaii a few years ago. A lot of people that he'd never be able to walk right again, much less play.
  • Reply 24 of 67
    [quote]Originally posted by spaceman_spiff:

<strong>

The Pats looked very good. They aren't really my team but I did root for them in the SuperBowl. Maybe now they'll start getting the respect they deserve.</strong><hr></blockquote>

From what I saw, it looked more like Kordell and the Steeler secondary sucking it up rather than the Pats looking really good.

[ 09-10-2002: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 25 of 67
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>

From what I saw, it looked my like Kordell... sucking it up rather than the Pats looking really good.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Isn't that the case every week?
  • Reply 26 of 67
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Yes, that's Ricky Williams' page and he does it all himself.

From the site:

I know the format isn't perfect, and I don't have any fancy bells or whistles. I am working on it (myself). I think a lot of people misunderstand what I am trying to accomplish. I am not trying to win a web-design award. I am trying to give you all a piece of myself. That means I do this all myself, no help. I am takingÂ* your feedback into consideration, and I have purchased Macromedia Flash. It might take me a week or two, but I will try to get some type of animation for all of you haters. For you who appreciate what I am trying to do, thanks.

Bah, going with Flash stuff will only make a bad thing worse.

Get that text menu on the left looking decent before moving forward, buddy.
  • Reply 27 of 67
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I think it's kinda cool that Ricky's trying to do his own website, even if it doesn't look that great right now. How many other pro athletes would even bother to try? And hey-he's got a <a href="http://www.run-ricky-run.com/mypics.htm"; target="_blank">Babes Section!</a>

He's a different guy, remember his first contract? All actually based on performance instead of huge amounts up front.

He may be misguided sometimes, but at least he's somewhat original.

Jeff

[ 09-10-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
  • Reply 28 of 67
    [quote]Originally posted by Shanny:

<strong>

Isn't that the case every week?</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Steelers did get to the AFC Championship game, didn't they? That's a long fluke!

[quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>Yes, that's Ricky Williams' page and he does it all himself.

Bah, going with Flash stuff will only make a bad thing worse.

Get that text menu on the left looking decent before moving forward, buddy.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Heh, that's pretty cool though. It's not every day you see pro athletes and celebs do ANYTHING by themselves. Wil Wheaton doesn't count.

[ 09-10-2002: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 29 of 67

<strong>

The Steelers did get to the AFC Championship game, didn't they? That's a long fluke!</strong><hr></blockquote>

And why did they lose that game? Cuz Kordell sucks. ass.
  • Reply 30 of 67
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]And why did they lose that game? Cuz Kordell sucks. ass.<hr></blockquote>

No, they won because the Patriots were (and still are) a BETTER TEAM.

What is it with the rest of the country? The Patriots WON the Super Bowl! They BEAT the Rams and the Steelers!

But then they are considered 'underdogs' by 3 points? I think the victory by over two touchdowns against the Steelers should silence a lot of critics.

But what's this? Next week, the Patriots play the Jets and are UNDERDOGS AGAIN? Granted, it's 2 points, but still, HOW CAN THIS BE?

Is it just me, or is anyone else confused? :confused:

Maybe I should be putting some bets on the Patriots. Do you know that if you put a $1000 bet on the Pats to go .500 this year before the season started, you would have had a $70,000 payoff? :eek:
  • Reply 31 of 67
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>

No, they won because the Patriots were (and still are) a BETTER TEAM.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Uhhh...I never mentioned the Patriots not being a good team. Rather, Kordell sucking, and he does suck, if anything, made it obvious the the Patriots were a better team. But that doesn't change the fact that Kordell's inability to perform well had something to do with both losses. Don't you think?
  • Reply 32 of 67
    Kordell couldn't perform because the Patriots got into his face and into his head. They were getting penetration and hitting Bettis in the backfield, taking away the running game, and collapsing the pocket around Kordell, giving him no time to throw. Their D-backs were all over the Steeler receivers, and from the meatballs Kordell was serving up, I can't but think that their schemes were just confusing the heck out of him. The scoring drives that the Patriot's offense put together kept the Steeler offense off the field, and kept them from getting into any kind of rhythm.

The Patriots were out-hitting the Steelers, out-hustling them, and out-tackling them. In other words...the Patriots made the Steelers their Monday Night Bitch.

• Reply 33 of 67
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member

<strong>

The Texans not only beating the Cowboys, but making them look like crap. That last safety was the best icing.

Yeah... How bout them cowboys!!!

<strong>

Oh, and the Niners are the only team in the NFC West that won this weekend. Woot!

Not good: They beat my NY Giants. We need another L.T.

Any Philly Eagle fans out there? I get the most football enjoyment when the Giants are kicking philly's ass. Too bad it hasn't happened for quite some time now.
  • Reply 34 of 67
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Time for some 2nd week highlights.

The Patriots beat the Jets 44-7.

How in the world were the Jets favored by 1.5 points? I just don't get it. :confused:

I also just saw the Bills beat the Vikings. What a great game. Terrible defense by both teams, but really fun to watch. Plus, the kicker for the Bills is named "Hollis".

Did anyone see that kick he made to tie the game? 54 yards and it 'bounced' in! :eek:

How did your teams do?

[ 09-15-2002: Message edited by: Fran441 ]</p>
  • Reply 35 of 67
    Owens = dropper, again...

On a brighter note...

"We're not the type of team to spread 'em out like that or throw 25 straight times..."

Hahahahaha Steelers...

Gannon threw 64 passes and connected 43 times. Amazing. He can thank the Pats for finding the Steeler's gaping bunghole of a weakness.

Charlie Garner pulling some crazy Barry Sanders sheeit too...that was cool.

[ 09-16-2002: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 36 of 67
    2 words- DA BEARS!!!!!
  • Reply 37 of 67
    Kordell blows. The Steeler's secondary blows. I hate to say it, but if you let a sap like Rich Gannon throw for 400+ yards, you deserve to face contraction. 4 turnovers too? Pitt's lucky they didn't get blown out.

St. Louis. 4-3 in their last 7 games. Weak. Warner has 16 turnovers in those 7 games. Nice job.

The Dolphin's new offensive scheme makes me wet. R.W. and Norv Turner should marry me.

Lame Falcons should've won that game. Kickers suck. Speaking of kickers, Janikowski looks like a stupid little doughboy.
  • Reply 38 of 67
    Browns Baby.

20-7 winners over Bengals. Holcomb is doing awesome.
  • Reply 39 of 67
    [quote]Originally posted by Shanny:

<strong>

The Dolphin's new offensive scheme makes me wet. R.W. and Norv Turner should marry me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

My brother's a huge Dolphins fan so we had to go to a sports bar to catch the game. (Glad I didn't stick around to see my Niners stink the place out.) Anyway, Rickey Williams reminded everybody why Ditka traded all those draft picks for him way back when. The man was huge. My bother was wishing over and over again that when Marino was playing he had been given a back like Williams. Can you imagine? After all, look at Elway. He didn't win Super Bowls until he had Terrell Davis.
  • Reply 40 of 67
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Beating the Bengals is nothing to brag about.