Samsung takes stab at iPhone 4S with Galaxy S II comparison sheet

Comments

• Reply 121 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kresh View Post

I was not referring to the technology, but the size. It is not that much bigger than the iPhone. You're acting like the difference is the same between an iPod touch and an iPad, it is not.

I have put both of these phones comfortably in the front pocket of my jeans and the inside pocket of my suit jacket, the difference is negligible.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2856828...ream/lightbox/

See!!

It doesn't bulge!!

• Reply 122 of 244
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GalaxyTab View Post

October 11th. Remember that date.

This is how flagship products should be refined.

Remember remember the 11th of October... Wait, wha...?
  • Reply 123 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

In some areas the Galaxy S 2 is superior in specs when compared to the iPhone 4S, however, the comparisons of specs are going to be lost on most consumers. Most consumers would be more concerned about the ecosystem and ease of use or Apple's dependable customer support. I don't think the iPhone 4S will harm iPhone sales to any degree. It's an Apple product and consumers will buy it for that reason. If there are no major flaws in the design, it will be more than enough smartphone for the average consumer. If Apple feels that there will be consumers buying the 3GS for $0 and the iPhone 4 for $99, then I'm sure the 4S will be more than adequate to use. If various factions have been asking for lower-priced iPhones, then they're finally getting them. I believe this initial kneejerk reaction to there not being an iPhone 5 is being blown out of proportion as far as the average consumer is concerned.

Average, more than enough, adequate... Not usually things we equate with Apple.
  • Reply 124 of 244
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

It's an Apple product and consumers will buy it for that reason.

Your honesty is refreshing. Everyone from hipster kids to Grandma is happy with Apple products. They aim straight for the sweet spot in the market, and that sweet spot is NOT the high end.
  • Reply 125 of 244
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

I think you should get that plastic droidy thingy then. Nobody cares.

True but then nobody cares what you think either.
  • Reply 126 of 244
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:

Says someone who choose his screen name as a copy of a product that is DOA.

Thank god we have an expert on hand to help us out. You get a tattoo for the other arm there zune boy?
  • Reply 127 of 244
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kresh View Post

It doesn't have to be 5". Look at the Samsung Galaxy S II next to the iPhone 4 (YouTube Video), there is practically no difference in pocket-ability yet the difference in screen real estate is huge.

So samsung has somehow managed to store half their screen in another dimension? Damn! they are good!

Seriously, read that again. "There is no difference in size yet the difference in size is huge!"

And people say Apple fans are under a reality distortion field...
  • Reply 128 of 244
    The biggest announcement I see really is iCloud. No single company has anything close to what Apple is offering as a whole (if it works correctly). Apple failed the first time, falling flat on their faces with MobileMe (which you had to pay $100 for). Now you're going to see what a $1 Billion (yes, with a B) self owned/managed data center can do for your cloud business. Things like Wireless Backups of:

A) Phone image (goodbye nightly syncing sessions!)

B) Music Library (with iTunes match upgrade optional)

C) Documents (like dropbox)

D) Photos (take a photo on iPhone now sends it to your computer automatically)

E) Movies and TV shows (re-download whenever)

Also now better support/speed for:

A) iTunes downloads (movies, music, apps)

B) Software downloads (OSX Lion, Final Cut)

C) System recovery (disc-less restores)

D) Over the air iOS updates (FINALLY)

Let's just hope it works as advertised.
  • Reply 129 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

The only problem with your logic ...

Or, if you can afford an iPhone and plan, you can probably afford glasses.

Glad to see you admitting that all of your posts are sour grapes.

...phandroids have to lie to try to win a point.

Personal attacks on other posters are always off-topic here.
  • Reply 130 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

The specs game is so last decade, usability is what's in. Apple knew this for ages and this is why their hardware sales sky-rocketed over the past few years. ALL of Apple's products have average specs nothing monstrously impressive, just fair.

The disappointing thing for me was the minuscule screen. But I guess with Apple losing Samsung as a manufacturer and LG's quality being ho-hum, it would be hard to keep that pixel-density. It's a shame that Samsung had turned into a filthy player.

With regard to the screen size, some people say Apple doesn't need to play that game... But I say, the iOS experience has always been visual as much as everything else. We've all seen 4" Android screens and as tech enthusiasts we would be dishonest to not recognise it's potential. A 4" retina display or even 3.9" is conceivably quite nice and suitable of iOS5.
  • Reply 131 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

True but then nobody cares what you think either.

Then why are you replying at all ??
  • Reply 132 of 244
    aknabiaknabi Posts: 211member
    stopped focusing on check boxes and specs and had a "total user experience" mindset they'd have more luck with the ladies.
  • Reply 133 of 244
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    Interesting. They could have saved a lot of time and said "We at Samsung still don't get it. I guess we never will."
  • Reply 134 of 244
    lol. I've been warned for less attackatory(TM) language...some sorta bias here?
  • Reply 135 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

I have a Nexus S and while it's nice, it's not Retina. Sorry Samsung.

The screen on the Nexus S is very nice, but it's not a Super AMOLED Plus like the new superphones have.

Old-style screens like the small Retina display and some of the SA screens, like the one on your old Nexus are great - but not exactly cutting edge any more. Personally, I think that the improved contrast of the new screens makes for a better experience. Resolution has its advantages as well. Once Apple releases a normal sized screen with it beautiful high-rez DPI count, it will once again be a contender. Maybe next spring?
  • Reply 136 of 244
    neo42neo42 Posts: 287member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Haven't you read the news?! Experts at Display Strategy Analytics agree 2:1 they like lower pixel density AMOLED displays over S-IPS high pixel density displays with more pixels per square inch, because people like fuzzier displays.

I noticed they didn't highlight their CPU/GPU SoC solution.

They know the A5 stomps it all over the field of computing.

Wow! Removable battery! //in 2011 we are still highlighting this?

They only highlighted the Front Camer, not the back //hint, our's sucks compared to the iPhone 4S

Use it as a Remote to your HDTV!! // Most folks using the Apple Ecosystem use theirs with their AppleTV connected to their HDTV and the iTunes Video Store the Samsung doesn't have

Gingerbread? Seriously? // I stopped taking it serious at this point

The microSD is truly sad.

T-Mobile?

I read this as a sense of desperation. With the iPhone 4S hitting 100 carriers and exploding in China, Samsung has crapped itself severely.

P.S. How come no one is talking about the iPod Touch getting the RETINA DISPLAY? Talk about a dream targeting the iPod Touch, iPhone 4+ and obviously the upcoming iPad 3 with Retina level quality displays.

Having 960 x 640 as the baseline for application development is a big improvement.

When faced with a competing product:

1) Deny spec superiority (ie: People don't like bigger screens, we dont NEED removable batteries, It may have had voice recognition and good notifications but Apple does it BETTER, etc)

2) Don't take the spec seriously

3) Claim that since Apple products are superior, interoperability is a gimmick

4) Reduce customer's desire for choice (carrier) to a question.

5) Call something sad because you secretly wish you had it in your product.
  • Reply 137 of 244
    Quote:

if this is the new 'nexus' and will run ICS that hasn't been f'ed with (so i can get updates to OS without having to wait for samsung) then i will get it.

i would rather get an iphone but i do want a 4.5 or 4.3" screen more than i want ios.
  • Reply 138 of 244
    Apple's problem at this point, imo, is that it wrote its game plan over 2 years ago. Slow and steady, get the software perfect, make it work flawlessly, keep the transition as smooth as possible... but the market is moving very very quickly. Does Apple need to change its game plan a little? The 4S will do well for the next 6 months, no doubt in my mind.... but will it keep everyone's attention for a year?

At the same time... I would also say that the Nexus Prime has a very good chance of being fucked up at the gate if it comes packed with ICS. It just seems rushed to market to steal Apple's thunder. We'll see.
  • Reply 139 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

This aint about specs...

Apple has broken all previous sales records.

Consumers just like to have great products. Sales records are for the corporate types.
  • Reply 140 of 244
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    That would be so sweet to have that Samsung! Not only would I be able to carry a sack of extra batteries and memory cards... I?d have to! That sounds like more fun that having the iPhone?s selection of superior apps.