Check iPhone 4S upgrade eligibility via Apple ahead of Oct. 7 12:01 a.m. preorders

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by resnyc View Post

I would go with Apple. AT&T customer service at 3am/Midnight isn't going to be a happy place.

what about going to the store and getting on a list for preorder
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrlatte View Post

Buy from Apple.com and have it shipped to your house. When the iPhone 4 came out it arrived at my door the day BEFORE it was available in the stores.

BTW, my upgrade date shows 11/19/2011. I have the Family 700 plan.

thanks for the info

i'm grandfathered in for unlimited data

$5 200 text plan (will keep unless att gives me a deal on family pac) and will still use textnow

$10 1000 texts for my wife (wish i could downgrade to $5 plan---but they don't exist for new customers)

so that's 3:01 EST i'll set my iphone alarm with some annoying sound like a spongebob ship horn
  • Reply 43 of 48
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

what about going to the store and getting on a list for preorder

Just a warning - if you do that, you're still likely to be standing in line. If you can wait a few hours for the Fedex truck to show up, you can have it delivered to your home without messing around with long lines.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 last year. I just went and checked on AT&T and it said as a valued customer I am eligible for an iPhone upgrade at a discounted price. However the option to upgrade to a 4S won't be available until Friday. As long as I get the discounted price im all for buying a new phone
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Ahh i have to wait till 6:00 PM on the 7th octobere because i live in sydney, just going o buy the 32gb outright, sick of my 3gs
  • Reply 46 of 48
    "Nobody's gonna want this phone."

"The stores will be deserted on launch day."

"I'm waiting till the next one comes out"

Blah blah blah. Heard the same thing before every single product launch. I'm preordering so I don't have to stand in line....again.

The fact that a new phone (the iphone 4 ss or the 5) will come out at some point is not some brilliant insight. The use of the better camera alone during this product cycle is worth the price of the phone for me. And considering that the purchase price is also lower than your car insurance deductable, the hands-free texting features of Siri will probably wind up saving people a lot of money by helping keep their eyes on the road.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    i can't find the apple section for eligibility

can you provide a link

oops

found it

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom.../family/iphone

is the white exactly the same size as the black---getting cases

i know the ip4 white doesn't fit a standard otterbox
  • Reply 48 of 48
    alr26alr26 Posts: 29member
    EDIT: Nevermind. lol I read something wrong.