Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies

Comments

• Reply 121 of 377
    ortalortal Posts: 25member
    I am so, so saddened by this. I cannot explain. its hard to overstate his impact on business and society as a whole. he was one of my professional and personal heroes. RIP Steve. Thank you so much.
  • Reply 122 of 377
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Sad to see him go.

He could've helped launch the iPhone 5 before he went.
  • Reply 123 of 377
    jexusjexus Posts: 373member
    Sergey weighs in as well

"From the earliest days of Google, whenever Larry and I sought inspiration for vision and leadership, we needed to look no farther than Cupertino. Steve, your passion for excellence is felt by anyone who has ever touched an Apple product (including the macbook I am writing this on right now). And I have witnessed it in person the few times we have met.

On behalf of all of us at Google and more broadly in technology, you will be missed very much. My condolences to family, friends, and colleagues at Apple."
  • Reply 124 of 377
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member
    See ya Steve, and thanks for everything.
  • Reply 125 of 377
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    I feel like I have lost a friend today. I will remember him my whole life.
  • Reply 126 of 377
    kmareikmarei Posts: 179member
    That explains why the apple team was so glum yesterday

Rest I peace steve

And thank you for looking out for us

He was the only normal person working in a geek filled industry

He knew how to make it easy to the man on the street

Thank you
  • Reply 127 of 377
    envirogenvirog Posts: 188member
    For the Greatest Innovator of my time-you will be missed Steve, YOU WILL BE MISSED! May your family be strong going forward and be allowed to mourn in peace.
  • Reply 128 of 377
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Here's to the man that never settled for good enough. A true visionary. Rest In Peace Steve Jobs

Thanks for changing our world.
  • Reply 129 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

A sad irony that I got an alert of Steve's passing on the iPad. RIP

Me too. Well actually, my girlfriend was borrowing it, and she called me and said, "I opened up your iPad and it gave me some sad news!" \

In any case, he will be dearly missed. It's weird, since I never met the guy. But I feel almost like a family friend or something passed.
  • Reply 130 of 377
    "Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride all fear of embarrassment or failure. These things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."

- Steve Jobs -
  • Reply 131 of 377
    What an immense loss, for me, for all of us.

My dealest condolescence to His family and His friends and colleagues.
  • Reply 132 of 377
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
  • Reply 133 of 377
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Here's to the Crazy One.

And may God rest his soul.
  • Reply 134 of 377
    Thanks for everything, Steve. RIP.
  • Reply 135 of 377
    R i P
  • Reply 136 of 377
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Wow! Just wow!

After following Steve for over 30 years it feels like a death in the family.

Thanks, Steve, for everything.

RIP

Absolutely the same here. From a longtime Brazilian Apple fan, Steve represented for me the force of the "good misfit" against status quo, establishment and lack of originality in the industry and the world as a whole.

Steve, ever since 1989 I have come to love Apple products and recommend them to others; and without ever owning a single piece of Apple stock I have provided long hours of free support to switchers and veterans alike. And why? Because you made us believe in perfectionism, even when the whole globe was proclaiming Apple dead in the 90s. You have shown that he who truly believes in the impossible, achieves it.

May the infinitely good Christian God bless you and your loved ones in this new journey towards infinity, and forgive your sins as any ordinary human being...you deserve the rest of the victors now.

Descanse em paz!
  • Reply 137 of 377
    esstekesstek Posts: 14member
    Almost no one has had as big an influence on my day-to-day life, as you. Thank you. You will be missed.
  • Reply 138 of 377
    I truly respected he man.... We have all lost a lot..
  • Reply 139 of 377
    zindakozindako Posts: 468member
    RIP Steve Jobs, the world has lost one of the greats, we miss you and love you, truly sad day.
  • Reply 140 of 377
    ibillibill Posts: 400member
    To borrow a quote from many years ago,

Quote:

Now he belongs to the ages..

RIP Steve.

Sincerest condolences to friends, family, AppleINC, and the entire Apple community.