Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies

Comments

• Reply 161 of 377
    Rest in peace, Steve.

The world is a better place because of you.
  • Reply 162 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

[Admin note: I deleted the trolling posts and all replies related thereto; we don't need shit like that in a thread like this.]

This news is very sad.

I am grateful that Steve founded Apple, and probably more so that he returned and saved the company. People should be in no doubt, if it wasn't for Steve, Apple would have died in the late 90s/early 2000s and we wouldn't have seen any of their greatest products: iPod, iPhone, OS X, unibody MacBooks, iPad.

Please keep moderating this thread Mr H.

RIP Steve, a truly inspirational guy and leader. From my first MacII to my current stuff, you made it all work so much better than the other guys effort. Condolences to your family......

To all Apple employees, you are everything because of Steve and we all encourage you stay that way, think different and keep moving forward in the direction Steve pointed you. You can do it.

Graham
  • Reply 163 of 377
    jcallowsjcallows Posts: 150member
    damn... steve left just when the party got started...
  • Reply 164 of 377
    RIP - your ideas and vision will live forever
  • Reply 165 of 377
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Thanks Steve!
  • Reply 166 of 377
    I never met him, but I feel like I have lost someone close to me.
  • Reply 167 of 377
    RIP Steve Jobs. Thanks for everything.
  • Reply 168 of 377
    j1h15233j1h15233 Posts: 274member
    This is a very sad day, especially for his family and friends. Obviously I never met the man but I feel like I knew him through his presentations. He was a truly innovative man.
  • Reply 169 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigBillyGoatGruff View Post

I never met him, but I feel like I have lost someone close to me.

Exactly. +1
  • Reply 170 of 377
    mrrmrr Posts: 69member
    I can sincerely say that you changed my life for the better. Thank you.
  • Reply 171 of 377
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Its obvious to me and reinforced by seeing these posts that Steve lives on.. Its apparent that his essence continues to live in many of us today and has changed the world forever. Both directly, and indirectly through this actions and vision.. I am hopeful that this is not the end, but just the beginning of great ideas to come from all of us who Steve has influenced. He is part of us.
  • Reply 172 of 377
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    What a incredibly sad day. It really doesn't matter if you own a PC or a Mac Steve Jobs touched your life in the way your computer works and looks. His kind of vision just doesn't come along everyday. Without him I'm afraid the tech world will be a different place. Apple will go on. He saved Apple and changed the way computers, phones, and portable information devices look and act. You might say he brought them all into the 21rst century.

RIP Mr. Jobs and we all salute you.
  • Reply 173 of 377
    WE LOVE YOU STEVE

Rest in peace.
  • Reply 174 of 377
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    A very sad day. My condolences to his family. He will be missed.
  • Reply 174 of 377
    jexusjexus Posts: 373member
    Condolences from Page as well this day...

"I am very, very sad to hear the news about Steve. He was a great man with incredible achievements and amazing brilliance. He always seemed to be able to say in very few words what you actually should have been thinking before you thought it. His focus on the user experience above all else has always been an inspiration to me. He was very kind to reach out to me as I became CEO of Google and spend time offering his advice and knowledge even though he was not at all well. My thoughts and Google's are with his family and the whole Apple family."- Larry Page
  • Reply 176 of 377
    Destination Reached > But The Journey Continues...

Thank You

A Fan & Consumer.
  • Reply 177 of 377
    It seems so wrong that cancer can take so many people who are in their absolute prime achieving so much both personally and for the greater good.

The day we rid ourself of this horrible disease can not come soon enough. Today is a great day to make a donation to cancer research or treatment institution.
  • Reply 178 of 377
    Thank you for the innovation, creativity, and the strength to always follow your vision. You have changed the lives of so many people, mine especially. You worked tirelessly right up to the end - now you get to rest. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • Reply 179 of 377
    Rest in peace Steve..You change the world
  • Reply 180 of 377
    That says it all, brilliant and crazy!